JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have not yet heard of any fire closures affecting our outdoor shooting areas.
If you know of any fire closures, please post them in this thread.

Maybe @Cogs will chime in and list the fire suppression equipment you should carry when you are shooting out in the forest.

The Winthrop WA range, Okanogan County, is on WDFW land, is closed, and has been for the last couple of weeks. Will probably stay closed until the fall or early winter, and if this heat continues, it may stay closed until the snow flies.

Mt Hood Nat Forest, Gifford Pinchot Nat Forest and the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area are closed to shooting...

The info about the shooting closure is not so readily available but is stated after all the camp fire bans (end of the 2nd paragraph).

"Additionally, target shooting is temporarily prohibited because of the risk of wildfire.

These restrictions will begin Thursday, July 1 on the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area and Friday, July 2 on both the Gifford Pinchot and Mt. Hood National Forests."

Link to official info: https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mtho...n-YCSJ5fvWJKTDfDnpBx6kQQ7tSi7wGfI8uvedKoJSjdI

Otherwise, I haven't heard of any other areas yet.

Thanks for the word, @daved20319 .

This sux, seems like Komifornia. My backyard range is open as well as my membership range. I'm too cheap to shoot right now though, I'm a reloaded with thousands of loaded rounds but cannot replace them so I've been on hold for quite a while.

This sux, seems like Komifornia. My backyard range is open as well as my membership range. I'm too cheap to shoot right now though, I'm a reloaded with thousands of loaded rounds but cannot replace them so I've been on hold for quite a while.
Side note... If you're from the Santiam area, would you care to join our meeting with Ore Dept of Forestry at the 615 Pit on the 10th? We are discussing and finalizing the shooting lane improvements to that decommissioned gravel pit and would like some constructive input on range design and shooter preferences. We have a 10k grant from the NRA Foundation and may need another 5k to get it done. We'll be looking for fundraising opportunities around that area.

It's East of Scotts Mills, down Family Camp Rd and on the Butte Creek Mainline Rd.

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/HHaWNbncMVnoNd2K7
GPS: 44°55'41.9"N 122°29'21.5"W

We meet there at 9 AM on this Saturday.

Bill

New Closure... Tillamook State Forest, East side:

"Motor vehicles, campfires banned on eastern portion of Tillamook State Forest due to extreme fire danger

FOREST GROVE, Ore. — With fire danger rising across northwest Oregon, use of motorized vehicles and all campfires will be prohibited on the eastern portion of the Tillamook State Forest and state forest lands in the Sunday Creek area of Yamhill County and in Columbia County around Camp Wilkerson, with limited exceptions, effective at 1 a.m. Wednesday, August 11. This impacts the following areas of the Tillamook State Forest:

• On Highway 26 from milepost 29 (Sunset Rest Area) east
  • Highway 6 from milepost 25 (Kings Mountain Trailhead) east..."

Here's the link to their website page about it...

https://oregonforestry.wpengine.com...mDPXsAaqo_zlz3EWkd-Eo2ykb4nd57rheVR1pw8A8V_kU

I see the closure starts at Mile Post 29, Sunset Rest area and extends East. That's just AFTER the Wolf Creek Rd access, meaning, North Fork Wolf Creek Rd is closed tomorrow at 1 AM. They have a gate there.

That will also include the Salmonberry Rd area.

Thanks to @Knebel for catching this info as soon as it was posted, just a few hours ago.

I'm also tracking and posting closures on the Trash No Land Blog. Subscribe to the blog to get all the latest info on target shooting closures, as well as other shooting info, in Oregon and Washington.

Will edit the thread and post in the Comments with updates.

Bill.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top