JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wasn't it a Seattle police lieutenant that set their M4 carbine on the roof of their vehicle, and then drove off, allowing it to fall to the pavement only to be recovered by a citizen who called the cops?
Yes it was in Seattle that happened. Rifle was left on vehicle and they drove off. These are like the ones where some poor Cop leaves his service arm in the can. Kind of thing they probably never live down at work. When I go to the range I clean up my spot, pack my gear and still look at least twice, if not three times to make sure I did not leave a gun for just this reason. Fear of getting home and finding one gone and having to race back red faces to ask if they found it. :eek:

Wasn't it a Seattle police lieutenant that set their M4 carbine on the roof of their vehicle, and then drove off, allowing it to fall to the pavement only to be recovered by a citizen who called the cops?
Yes it was in Seattle that happened. Rifle was left on vehicle and they drove off. These are like the ones where some poor Cop leaves his service arm in the can. Kind of thing they probably never live down at work. When I go to the range I clean up my spot, pack my gear and still look at least twice, if not three times to make sure I did not leave a gun for just this reason. Fear of getting home and finding one gone and having to race back red faces to ask if they found it. :eek:

Seattle's version of the Desk Pop.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-patrol-car--drives-away-gun-STILL-there.html

So I read the article and it does not give any information that only the rifle fell of a 4 story building; :rolleyes:
Slow down and read it again. Along with what I originally said. I'll help...

1) I also said "watch the video"

2) Here's a picture of the setup

eb3cca82-77a0-4f49-ae89-13e82e2c4f9e_1920x1080.jpg

3) THIS...directly from the article

He said an ongoing investigation by the department indicated that a heavy wind gust caused the rifle to fall from its perch and off the edge of the building.
He does not believe the officer mishandled the firearm.

PSA: your anchor can catch the wind and start flinging around if it's suspended in the air. Always use a static line and tension it to where the weight is almost off the ground, but still on it, so that any wind gusts don't start it swinging.

*have left many a camera on a tripod to scout in worse conditions than 20mph gusts. Haven't lost a camera. This is tripod use 101. This officer is a friggin idiot.

Edit: it also looks like the legs are in too close together and not set like an equilateral triangle (I'd say not squared up but you know what I mean). This guy was just asking fate to make him famous.

PSA: your anchor can catch the wind and start flinging around if it's suspended in the air. Always use a static line and tension it to where the weight is almost off the ground, but still on it, so that any wind gusts don't start it swinging.

*have left many a camera on a tripod to scout in worse conditions than 20mph gusts. Haven't lost a camera. This is tripod use 101. This officer is a friggin idiot.

Edit: it also looks like the legs are in too close together and not set like an equilateral triangle (I'd say not squared up but you know what I mean). This guy was just asking fate to make him famous.
"Triangled up"? :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads