JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you think what the officer did was justified?

• Absolutely!

• He had no business drawing his weapon!

• He should have used a taser!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
I didn't vote because I didn't like any of the options, which leads us to why the officer decided to shoot the knife-girl, if he had like a 3'-4' hardwood baton or staff like they had in the old days, he could have put the hurt on knife girl, saved the day and no one gets killed. Sure she might end up with a broken arm or two. The problem is long ago beating an attacker into submission was demeaned brutal and excessive force so what tools are left, handcuffs, maybe some chemical irritant, possibly a taser and of course the duty weapon. If the taser and spray only sometimes work in some situations then the tool that gets used the most is probably going to be the pistol. So my vote would have been d) night stick beating
IMHO That night stick is a poor defense against a determined attacker with a knife. If I'm willing to take a couple of hits from a stick my chances of getting close enough to inflect significant damage with a knife. Hence the old saying "When in close proximity run to a gun, run from a knife".

If he had selected the Taser, at the range he had to shoot before the one woman got stabbed, the odds of hitting the aggressor were not 100%. Probably 50/50. Taser darts are not like bullets. They have a limited range before they go off track and miss the target. Most test I've seen recommend 10 feet or less for Taser use.

However, the worst tasering I every heard about took place when the barbs went straight into the wide-open mouth of an assailant, embedding into the roof at the back.

ouch.

NPR is on it ....

View attachment 867211

Senator Sherrod Brown
@SenSherrodBrown

Alternate headlines I am not seeing
Columbus Police Prevent Tragic Stabbing
Columbus Police Save Victim of Stabbing Attack

No mention there either that the stabbing was actually being carried out by the eventually fatally shot what's-er-name. Sorry, folks, if I can't pronounce it, I'm sure as hell not going to get caught out writing it down incorrectly. These names from Planet Flarp just p*** me off big time.

As I posted on another thread a couple of weeks back - we once had a demo from an Israeli SF sergeant using krav maga. He was never EVER going to let ANYBODY holding a knife nearer than 20 feet from his person. Heck, you could be carrying a pistol just ten feet away away from a guy coming at you with a knife and intent, in which case, if you haven't already got it pointed and don't do a mag-dump on his face, you are going to be unzipped from crotch to gullet.

From ten feet it took less than half a second - we watched, and learned, Grasshopper.

As I posted on another thread a couple of weeks back - we once had a demo from an Israeli SF sergeant using krav maga. He was never EVER going to let ANYBODY holding a knife nearer than 20 feet from his person. Heck, you could be carrying a pistol just ten feet away away from a guy coming at you with a knife and intent, in which case, if you haven't already got it pointed and don't do a mag-dump on his face, you are going to be unzipped from crotch to gullet.

From ten feet it took less than half a second - we watched, and learned, Grasshopper

That was one of the lessons I demonstrated to my wife during handgun training. With her weapon verified safe, I got back a little over 25ft and she tried to draw and point her handgun as soon as she saw me start to move. I was on her before she barely got it out of the holster. They taught us that in the Police Academy many years ago.

To miss quote the honorable HilLIARy Clinton "at this point, what difference does it make?" The battle lines are drawn and this country is just waiting for the spark this will kick off the most easily avoided conflict since WWI.

Edit: I am NOT talking about race. It is a matter of Law and Order vs. Anarchists.

I'm ready to jump In and parrot the dialog.
Stop killing black people. Seriously, no sarcasm. Go to the ends of reality to ensure that no human being of African genetic descent is killed by a public safety worker.
Create a system of American apartheid that has a separate law enforcement procedure determined by a citizens skin color. Watch the cities whither and rot as businesses close up. See real estate skyrocket in flyover states, while urban areas get purchased by Chinese investors at foreclosed prices . I don't care. I'm never going to visit Seattle or San Francisco ever again . Portland, I still have hope for you. Don't ask me why. That city is different somehow.
No it aint.
There should also be separate drinking fountains!

Joe

From ten feet it took less than half a second - we watched, and learned, Grasshopper.
Tueller Drill. We use it in our Concealed Pistol License (CPL in Michigan) class.
I get to be the knifer! I'm old and slow-people are stunned to get "cut up"

Joe

Everybody screaming about the girl he shot, what about the girls he saved?!

the cops should just wait in their cars until they tire themselves out killing each other then just write the report.

Maybe then they will be happy.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top