JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you think what the officer did was justified?

• Absolutely!

• He had no business drawing his weapon!

• He should have used a taser!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
FWIW - Some early... 'reporting' has mentioned that Big Stabby was the person who called the cops and that before they arrived - she was actually defending herself from 2 or more attackers.
Who knows what's really going on - but that fact above should change nothing.

Who knows what's really going on - but that fact above should change nothing.
No it should not.

Dynamics of an altercation often change quickly. Heck big stabby had the option to leave if she was being initially aggressed but instead choose a knife and in turn became the 'attacker'. Not to be confused with 'self defense'.

I'm ready to jump In and parrot the dialog.
Stop killing black people. Seriously, no sarcasm. Go to the ends of reality to ensure that no human being of African genetic descent is killed by a public safety worker.
Create a system of American apartheid that has a separate law enforcement procedure determined by a citizens skin color. Watch the cities whither and rot as businesses close up. See real estate skyrocket in flyover states, while urban areas get purchased by Chinese investors at foreclosed prices . I don't care. I'm never going to visit Seattle or San Francisco ever again . Portland, I still have hope for you. Don't ask me why. That city is different somehow.

The way things are going, if you're a cop sent on a call like that, you're better off stopping along the way for a coffee and donuts to allow enough time for the situation to sort itself out then you can safely fill out the after action report. Has anyone been convicted of getting coffe and donuts? I rest my case

Portland, I still have hope for you. Don't ask me why. That city is different somehow.
A few of us won't stop or retreat. Ever.
I fled Baltimore 40 years ago to come back home.

I know what a lost city is truly like and Portland still has a ways to go yet. It's comparatively tiny but has become the offered test bed for sociological experiments so it makes the news a lot.
But this new tactic of de-funding, demoralizing and attacking any and all law enforcement is new, And scarily effective.
Soon there will be no cops that want to stay on the job.

Yuri was right.

NPR is on it ....

Screen-Shot-2021-04-21-at-9.43.47-AM.png

Senator Sherrod Brown
@SenSherrodBrown

Alternate headlines I am not seeing
Columbus Police Prevent Tragic Stabbing
Columbus Police Save Victim of Stabbing Attack

Truths:

1. Tasers are only effective 50% of the uses in which one is deployed. In most jurisdictions, an officer must have lethal backup prior to deploying a taser. In no jurisdictions is a taser to be used against a perp with a lethal weapon. (Hint: a knife is a lethal weapon) Please just stop with the taser her suggestions.
2. Paraphrasing Valerie Jarrett "Who are they to interfere with our knife fight?!!"

Yes you, I, and mostly all understand this but my cousin is on total feeling and emotion setting and 'fact' and rational/reality does not resonate with him.

I might start copying and posting some of his texts to me as humor for all!

Please don't! I don't find them funny, and copying out private texts, even tho we don't know him.... really? (Is my sarcasm detector broke too???)

Awwww did you feel belittled? Perhaps you should follow through on my prior post then, because your still missing it....
I was going to reply and say you hurt my feelings earlier, but then I remembered I don't have feelings.

The way things are going, if you're a cop sent on a call like that, you're better off stopping along the way for a coffee and donuts to allow enough time for the situation to sort itself out then you can safely fill out the after action report. Has anyone been convicted of getting coffe and donuts? I rest my case
Its like you are in my brain seeing my thoughts. I feel for law enforcement in these times we are in. ( if i had feelings)

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads