JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you think what the officer did was justified?

• Absolutely!

• He had no business drawing his weapon!

• He should have used a taser!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
I'd almost bet ya' $5.00 that Pinky's family would NOT have a different take...

And what does a fricken' basketball player have to do with anything? People really care what any of them have to say anymore?
All I'll add is some wise words.

booker-t-washington.png

Even though it appears to be a totally justified shooting, in the racially/politically charged climate of this era, there is a good chance the police officer will be made an example of to appease the mob. Don't worry, cops know this, and are stepping back a little, that is one of the reasons crime rates are skyrocketing, let the idiots deal with each other for a while and the situation will sort itself out. I know, thats is not what they are supposed to do but when the city council, the mayor, the governor and the police chief don't have your back besides quitting, what else can you do.

I believe the officer was correct to use deadly force to prevent death.

In no way, can it be argued this girl did not have intent to cause extensive harm and or death to the other girl.

I can't pick apart this one in any way shape or form to understand it any differently.

About the only argument that might possibly be made is that less deadly force could have been used instead. taser wouldn't have been affective at the distance in the video, perhaps a bean bag round. That would require officers to readily carry yet another item and be properly trained on it. We all ready have a recent video showing long time veteran officers can mistake a less lethal weapon for their sidearm in a stressful situation.

This really can't be seen as racism either. Nothing here is racist.

Is the other side arguing excessive force? Or racism? Or both?
Plus, her expired tags were right there on her arse for all the world to see.

lol

Even though it appears to be a totally justified shooting, in the racially/politically charged climate of this era, there is a good chance the police officer will be made an example of to appease the mob. Don't worry, cops know this, and are stepping back a little, that is one of the reasons crime rates are skyrocketing, let the idiots deal with each other for a while and the situation will sort itself out. I know, thats is not what they are supposed to do but when the city council, the mayor, the governor and the police chief don't have your back besides quitting, what else can you do.
I would go so far as to 'speculate' that, in at least some immeasurable way, the chilling effect of Defund the Police is in part responsible for the boldness of Stabby Girl.

Last Edited:
So far, I've seen the generic racism and murder tossed around.

I've also seen:
- why didn't he use a taser or no weapon at all?
- why did he have to shoot to kill? (to which my rant response is above)
- it wasn't a knife it was a nail file! (to which, the dispatch call told them they were walking into a knife attack...so, even if the object was not a knife and was blunt, it would have been reasonable for the officer to believe it was a knife)

I'm awaiting more information, specifically some sort of statement from pink jumpsuit lady and details as to who was what at that encounter. For example, after lady #1 gets thrown to the ground, male #1 attempts to kick her while she's down...why?

There is a lot of context to this encounter missing. Though, I can see why the department was quick to release the video footage after reading some of the initial (and very wrong) reports/news.
The evidence in this case certainly doesn't leave much room to make a case for anything else, even if further details emerge. Wasn't murder. Definitely not racism. Cops were put in a position where they had to choose to shoot the girl or allow her to gravely injure someone, they would have had to make that decision no matter the color of the skin. They weren't there for mysteriously racist reasons either, there was a 911 call and they responded to investigate. Saw a lady committing a crime, assault with a deadly weapon, and responded.

At times like this I like to remove the officer from the scenario and see if it would still be justifiable.

IE, instead of officer John, it was Good Citizen Bob. If Bob had shot and killed the girl to protect the possibility of death of another person, not his own, would it be justifiable? Likely not. Yet, Good Citizen Bob is not a public servant tasked with upholding the law, officer John is. Police have been proven, many times in court, to have justifiable lawful reasons to use deadly force to enforce laws. This case, should be one of them.

So if there is any, I mean stretching to find and argument, it would be this question. Should officers have lawful reasons to take someone's life if their life is not being threatened and or in danger? That is about the only question I've got. Since it is unlikely Good Citizen Bob would not be justifiable in taking someones life to protect another random strangers life, should we as society accept that officers can?

Watched the whole thing. Super impressed the Officer reacted as quickly as he did with the noisy barbecue or whatever all that bullsh* going on was.

Easiest NWFA poll yet.

The evidence in this case certainly doesn't leave much room to make a case for anything else, even if further details emerge. Wasn't murder. Definitely not racism. Cops were put in a position where they had to choose to shoot the girl or allow her to gravely injure someone, they would have had to make that decision no matter the color of the skin. They weren't there for mysteriously racist reasons either, there was a 911 call and they responded to investigate. Saw a lady committing a crime, assault with a deadly weapon, and responded.

At times like this I like to remove the officer from the scenario and see if it would still be justifiable.

IE, instead of officer John, it was Good Citizen Bob. If Bob had shot and killed the girl to protect the possibility of death of another person, not his own, would it be justifiable? Likely not. Yet, Good Citizen Bob is not a public servant tasked with upholding the law, officer John is. Police have been proven, many times in court, to have justifiable lawful reasons to use deadly force to enforce laws. This case, should be one of them.

So if there is any, I mean stretching to find and argument, it would be this question. Should officers have lawful reasons to take someone's life if their life is not being threatened and or in danger? That is about the only question I've got. Since it is unlikely Good Citizen Bob would not be justifiable in taking someones life to protect another random strangers life, should we as society accept that officers can?

In Wyoming, I believe 'Good Citizen Bob' would not be charged. The video from the neighbors would show it was a good shoot. We allow our citizens to shoot criminals in the process of attempted murder.

Last Edited:
After seeing better video of the very beginning - Big Stabby had already bum rushed and apparently stabbed the chick that initially went down at the arriving officers feet. (The same poor chick who got a punt in the head by Big Stabby's dad...) So you got one down and BS ain't done yet - that's when she goes after Pinky. But watch again from the beginning - Big Stabby actually runs from around the car to rush victim #1 as soon as she sees police arrive...

So - looks like she already had a body on her.
Poor cop.

Nfg for Big Stabby.
I got my reasons.

ors 169.209,ors 169.219
My googlefu isn't liking either of those. Got links to those laws?
In Wyoming, I believe 'Good Citizen Bob' would not be charged. The video from the the neighbors would show it was a good shoot. We allow our citizens to shoot criminals in the process of attempted murder.
I admit, I tend to look through an Oregon lens, our judges DAs and even jurors are not the same!

As one of the people who didn't vote absolutely, I'll say it was definitely a justified shooting but I don't think it was the right call. My take on it is they shouldn't have had to be involved in the first place one of the "Men" that were standing around watching should have intervened. Since they did have to be involved, in the current political climate, they should have used a taser first instead of going straight to their side arm.

That's law for citizens arrest. He quoted chapter 169 which is to do with correctional facility law. Both don't have much to do with whether Good Citizen Bob can shoot stranger Nancy to protect random citizen Jill's life.

That's law for citizens arrest. He quoted chapter 169 which is to do with correctional facility law. Both don't have much to do with whether Good Citizen Bob can shoot stranger Nancy to protect random citizen Jill's life.
Fixed it.

But notice - when making a citizens arrest -
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, a private person acting on the persons own account is justified in using physical force upon another person when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes it necessary to make an arrest or to prevent the escape from custody of an arrested person whom the person has arrested under ORS 133.225 (Arrest by private person).

(2) A private person acting under the circumstances prescribed in subsection (1) of this section is justified in using deadly physical force only when the person reasonably believes it necessary for self-defense or to defend a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of deadly physical force. [1971 c.743 §31; 1973 c.836 §339]

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads