Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Officer involved shooting, Listing for grandmother quote

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by clearconscience, Mar 3, 2011.

1. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Ok so I know some of you guys are going to cry about another Officer involved shooting how the cops are trigger happy, blah, blah, blah.

So I hate listing these, but the grandmother's quote made me laugh.

Officers shoot and kill man they say fired at them

"They didn't have to do that," Joyce Jennings, Lewis Jennings' grandmother said, "They could have put him to sleep or something."

Your getting sleeepy, very sleeeeeepppppyyyyyy.

2. iusmc2002

iusmc2002 Colville, WA Active Member

Cabelas sells glasses that have miniature cameras in them. Why can't police officers wear those? It would certainly save a lot of pain and suffering if all these incidents were recorded. I'm not knocking LEO's (most of them) I wouldn't want to do it. But if there is a tool (like dash cams in cars) that will help exonerate them in a situation like this, why wouldn't they want them?

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I read (can't remember where) they were going to start attaching cameras to the uniforms of officers in Minneapolis as an experiment.

4. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I would suggest any recent Nick Cage movies would be sufficient.

5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I do not see where she actually contradicts their account of what happened. She just disagrees with the outcome being necessary. If the account is accurate I see no big loss here.

6. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

well, people have a television view of police officers, sometimes....they can shoot perps in the hand, they are nice to everyone and never do anything wrong.... Regretfully, we never hear about the cops who didn't do anything wrong, or didn't have to shoot someone....

7. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

Another case where taking my advice, Stay away from police, would have saved his life. The obvious but unspoken addition is And don't do anything to cause police to come to you.

8. DERGLOCKINMEISTER

DERGLOCKINMEISTER SPRINGFIELD OREGON Member

If I had a job where people were taking potshots at me , I would worry mostly about running out of ammo . If you don't want to be shot by the popo- don't engage in activities that would make them feel at risk . Obviously grandma felt threatened , or she wouldn't have called them to come and save her butt .