JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Loan out a gun of mine?

Shirley, you jest.

I will come over 'with' my gun/guns on me for a meager $1000.00 an hour to act as security, but my time is limited to one hour per day.

You good with that with that, Melvin?

I've taught basic gun safety and marksmanship to dozens over 3-4 decades, and even won over a few who otherwise would've been anti for whatever reason.

I always cringe when I hear guffawing anecdotes from loud guys who think it's hilarious to start timid first-timers with a large caliber snub. "Oh gawd, she pulled the trigger on my 44 and almost wrecked her drawers. Man, it was sooooo funny, you should've been there."

Well, ummm… no. You may be a fellow "enthusiast," but I know who I'm NOT ever shooting with. Thanks for the heads up.

t6,

I completely agree.

It's not only 'not' funny, it's a form of cruelty often dressed up as a practical joke and when the joker is revealed for the creep he is, he whines, it was a joke, it was a joke...

No, you're a just pitiful creep who I would hope is banished from whoever you preyed upon...creep.

Of the 15+ folks I've taken out shooting for the first time all, as far as I can tell were liberals. Most conservatives adults by a certain age that want want guns have guns.

Of the people I took shooting the majority left with a new appreciation for firearms and at least an open mind to 2A. We have to move forward and we have to have an open mind. For our own good.

Not saying give an antifa wearing a communist flag your time of day but Nacy or Todd down the street with some better understanding will definitely benefit you over time. My last string of neighbors have been pro gun. It's been a God send never having any issues.

I've taught basic gun safety and marksmanship to dozens over 3-4 decades, and even won over a few who otherwise would've been anti for whatever reason.

I always cringe when I hear guffawing anecdotes from loud guys who think it's hilarious to start timid first-timers with a large caliber snub. "Oh gawd, she pulled the trigger on my 44 and almost wrecked her drawers. Man, it was sooooo funny, you should've been there."

Well, ummm… no. You may be a fellow "enthusiast," but I know who I'm NOT ever shooting with. Thanks for the heads up.

I too have taught many people, family and friends of friends back when the thought of "who you voted for" was such a determination of mere introduction.
Nowadays you never know what's gonna happen after ya give certain people gun skills.:eek:

Look, maybe I'm just a dick (puts on flame proof suit) but it's not my job to go out of my way to teach all the "new" panicked gun owners to shoot.

Sorry, just because you bought a tool doesn't mean I'm gonna show you how to use it.

Besides that, all these newbs should probably take a class and get some "professional" instruction.
I sometimes help new shooters. Mostly, because I am selfish. I don't want to get flagged or shot.

I'm only hoping this boosts the overall 2A support in the state AT LEAST for the foreseeable future. Nothing is forever when it comes to gun rights. Speaking of, the next step would be to get Nancy to a rally. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews