JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe the moderators can send alerts or inbox messages or emails to all members to fork over the cash now or kiss your guns goodbye! :)

Would be good to know names of the other gun organizations that are going to fight this so we can send them some money too. Stopping IP43 is worth some money - this is the real deal - this is totalitarian confiscation.

Maybe the moderators can send alerts or inbox messages or emails to all members to fork over the cash now or kiss your guns goodbye! :)

Would be good to know names of the other gun organizations that are going to fight this so we can send them some money too. Stopping IP43 is worth some money - this is the real deal - this is totalitarian confiscation.
The Oregon Outdoor Council is going to fight it too. Who knows however many more will by the June 7th dealine.

I would be more than willing to help pay the legal costs to bring a legal challenge against IP43. However, I will not send money to organizations who may or may not put my money entirely to that purpose. In other words, tell me what your organization's intent is, tell me who the attorney is, tell me what legal documents will be/have been filed and when, etc. I am not going to send money to an organization that will use it for advertising, salaries, internet svcs., lunch, legal, etc.

Last Edited:
I am not going to send money to an organization that will use it for advertising, salaries, internet svcs., lunch, legal, etc.

OFF is a pro-gun organization, and every organization has expenses such as advertising, salaries, internet (websites), legal, etc. If you can start an organization that stands up for our 2A rights without expenses, I'll support you. But until then, I will support OFF, the Oregon Outdoor Council, etc. who stand up for my (and your) rights while doing business in the world of reality...

I would be more than willing to help pay the legal costs to bring a legal challenge against IP43. However, I will not send money to organizations who may or may not put my money entirely to that purpose. In other words, tell me what your organization's intent is, tell me who the attorney is, tell me what legal documents will be/have been filed and when, etc. I am not going to send money to an organization that will use it for advertising, salaries, internet svcs., lunch, legal, etc.
I am curious if his sister up for re-election and will OFF funds go to support her run?

Does anyone have any update on if OFF has submitted their appeal yet?
Not an appeal... but a legal challenge. I'm no legal eagle, but if the purpose of filing a challenge in the Oregon Supreme Court was to keep the opposition from meeting their deadline to submit signature sheets then I would wait until the last day, June 7, to do so. Drag it out! I have no confidence in the Supreme Court reversing the Attorney General's modified ballot title. They are all thick as thieves.

Not an appeal... but a legal challenge. I'm no legal eagle, but if the purpose of filing a challenge in the Oregon Supreme Court was to keep the opposition from meeting their deadline to submit signature sheets then I would wait until the last day, June 7, to do so. Drag it out! I have no confidence in the Supreme Court reversing the Attorney General's modified ballot title. They are all thick as thieves.
Ah that makes sense.

The NRA has at least three branches (NRA: education, NRA-ILA: lobbying, NRA Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund). The last one is specifically devoted to litigation. They obviously don't sped a ton on web development or logo-range-bags to induce a donation, or advertising/media that many find reason to criticize, but they financially support many appeals and that's what really counts. Civil Rights Legal Defense Fund - Current Litigation

Got my donations in to OFF/OOC/NRA. I do $100 to OFF each year because it's basically free (or at least keeps $100 of my OR taxes away from Kate). This year I've ponied up and donated well above and beyond the $100. It's painful, and will delay buying a few toys, but I'd be really mad at myself if this garbage goes through and I didn't do as much as I could to help stop it.

We are lucky to have a guy like Kevin at OFF. The " negative vibes" are off base. I do wonder about OHA (Oregon Hunters Association) though. Suggested a couple few years ago that they start an ILA branch to protect their 10k+ members...crickets...they are awash in money. Want an insight on who does and doesn't represent you in Salem...talk with Kevin, once he gets to know you.

We are lucky to have a guy like Kevin at OFF. The " negative vibes" are off base. I do wonder about OHA (Oregon Hunters Association) though. Suggested a couple few years ago that they start an ILA branch to protect their 10k+ members...crickets...they are awash in money. Want an insight on who does and doesn't represent you in Salem...talk with Kevin, once he gets to know you.
THis ballot starts eroding into hunting firearms. I can see a day where they start worrying about 'sniper rifles' or how powerful shotguns are.

They should care. Now.

Like OOC, OFF (and others) wait until the deadline day to ensure we soak up as much signature collection time as possible.

Expect to see official title appeals from OOC, OFF, NRA, etc tomorrow (6/7/18).
I asked Kevin from OFF and as of 6-6-18 he said yes that is in fact the case.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top