JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization
. OFF-logo-dark.png

What happens when the hired help decides to use your money to promote their agenda? Don Johnson happens.

Johnson is the Chief of Police for Lake Oswego, Oregon.

Johnson is not elected. He was hired by the City to serve as Chief of Police. He was not given carte blanche to use his office, his uniform, and his position with the City to promote a deceitful agenda attacking your rights. But that's exactly what he's done.

Not only did Johnson testify against your rights in the Oregon Legislature, in his uniform, (no doubt while on the clock) Johnson went further, appearing as a prop at an anti-gun press conference and recording anti-gun puff pieces for well funded anti-gun groups.

Did Johnson get greased by his handlers as well as collecting his Lake Oswego salary? That would be lucrative wouldn't it?

Here's a photo taken at the anti-gun press conference following last week's hearing on an end to private transfers of firearms.

Johnson is on the far right.

The person at the podium is Mike Reese, the former Chief of Police of Portland, who was also at the hearing and testified that there is no current way for private persons to conduct background checks for gun purchases. This, of course, is totally false. Oregon has allowed private parties to conduct background checks for 15 years. Apparently Reese did not get the memo. We can only hope the current chief there is somewhat better informed.

Reese is retired. He can do what he wants and tell as many lies as he chooses to. But Johnson is being paid with taxpayer dollars. His misuse of his office should not be tolerated.

More and more sheriffs, who are elected to office and actually represent the people of their counties, are rising up in opposition to SB 941. As elected representatives of their counties, they have every right to take a stand. (It should be noted that the Sheriff of Grant County, who came to oppose this bill, did not use a dime of taxpayer's money to attend, though he could have.)

People like Johnson are employees of the City and should not be taking political stands unless directed to by their bosses.

Did the City of Lake Oswego authorize this particular abuse? We have reason to believe they did not.

If you're curious why not ask the City Council ([email protected]) a simple question?

Did you authorize your Chief of Police to use his office and uniform to attack my rights and advance a personal agenda?

We look forward to hearing from them.

The unions vote lockstep democrat. The biggest union in the country are teachers.. probably then followed by the police. It's a terrible travesty.

In general, yes. But I'm betting a lot of blue-collar members still fill their ranks. No idea on how to get something like that peculating, though.
No doubt. My Dad was a union (local 48) electrician his whole life here in Portland.. democrat.. as were 99% of the shop.

Hmm... Ok, so how does one reach-out and rile up unions? (maybe another reason the democrats are moving so quickly?)
I don't know that that's possible. Look at what they did to Detroit and with that ruin staring them in the face they just move on with their fat pensions and chanting spew.

I don't know that that's possible. Look at what they did to Detroit and with that ruin staring them in the face they just move on with their fat pensions and chanting spew.

I've been a union member most of my adult working life, since my early 20's. I'm a 3rd gen union member and I can tell you from personal experience, there are a number of conservatives among the ranks that don't vote lock-step with the union's directives. I'm one of them. I'm a union member in my industry because that's where the opportunities are. But we're not a public employee's union with the guaranteed huge pensions, etc., I can (and did) lose pension dollars when the economy tanks.

You'll probably never change the union leadership. They don't listen to people like me. When we do speak up, we're shot down. There really is no appreciation for people of differing viewpoints in any of the 3 unions I've belonged to over the years. So, I pay my dues and work my butt off at my job for my own personal benefit. And I vote the way I want, not the way all the union propaganda tells me to. I'm glad to find many people that feel the same way. My father and grandfather were conservative union members too, as was my uncle and my brother. We're out there, just not in the majority.

That's good to hear, etrain. Sometimes it's just aggravating. I'd hate to think it'll take a macro swing (ruin) of the economy in general to make people see the folly of continuing down the present path.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top