JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The United States Code some previous posters were looking for is 10 USC 311, below...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10 USC 311 - Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age
and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who
have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female
citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not
members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From my perspective, the reasons behind the upsurge in militia participation in the later part of the 20th century were pretty much the same ones that prompted the colonial militias. Freedom.

Sadly, the upsurge was only temporary and the sunshine patriots melted away with the waning media attention. Many found participation meant actual work, many were afraid to be on government lists, and some simply preferred to watch it on TV.

Some stayed though, and may the Gods bless them and hold them safe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"
- John Parker, 19 April 1775, Lexington MA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April's breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard round the world.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Concord Hymn", First Stanza

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Never forget our heroes.

Ex Gladio Libertas

Wow! i made that at Denny's back in 75...:eek:
Which is why I left the restaurant biz about then, and took a job in construction for about twice that.
Of course, Jimminy Carter had different plans about 3 years later, and when he drove interest rates up around 18%, there was no work.

By then I was off to school, but I missed that part time ca$h!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top