JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
If you're still getting email alerts after having deselected the "and receive email notifications" toggle, perhaps "unwatching" that particular thread will prevent further notifications being sent to you when an old/dead thread is resurrected by a new reply.

Upvote 0
Tried ignoring a whole sub section. That completely removed all posts even when I visited the section manually. Was hoping it would just remove them from the new posts.

Upvote 0
If the alternative is no "OFF TOPIC" and no "TAVURN"....
.... I choose.... the "couple of extra clicks" option.

;) Now, if "new members were required to have a certain minimum # of posts to qualify to access these "not necessarily gun related forums".... y'know, make trolls actually work (apprentice?) before they get to derail conversations, and/or get some members to swear-off caffeine or other strong drink/or-other-lubricants while posting....
..... nahhhh...forget that....probably be easier to change the spin of the Earth.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
If the alternative is no "OFF TOPIC" and no "bubblegum"....
.... I choose.... the couple "couple of extra clicks" option.

;) Now, if "new members were required to have a certain minimum # of posts to qualify to access these "not necessarily gun related forums".... y'know, make trolls actually work (apprentice?) before they get to derail conversations, and/or get some members to swear-off caffeine or other strong drink/or-other-lubricants while posting....
..... nahhhh...forget that....probably be easier to change to spin of the Earth.
Trust me, THAT idea has come up before, maybe we can get Joe to change that! :s0155:
Anything to make Troll bustin easier would be nice, I am especially fond of bustin trolls! :D

Upvote 0
Tried ignoring a whole sub section. That completely removed all posts even when I visited the section manually. Was hoping it would just remove them from the new posts.
Yes, "ignoring" will hide/remove everything selected to be ignored, be it a user, a thread, a sub-forum, or even a forum.
It's still there, but you will have to purposely "unignore" to bring the content back to visibility.

Upvote 0
That is an interesting idea. Off the top of my head I don't recall their being a way to do that with the standard XF system. Though a plugin, etc., might exist. When I dig my way out of the Monday morning avalanche, I'll see if that is even possible. :)

There already seems to be a decently robust Advanced Search feature...is there a way that we can save searches to our own, personal "new posts" tab?

That'd be cool...

Upvote 0
Welcome change. I was so tired of crappy Off-Topic threads and the Classifieds consuming 90% of New Posts that I ignored both categories. Still not interested in what people are selling, but I have decided to stay away from the Off-Topic until after the elections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Honestly, with all the BullSnot threads that have nothing to do with Guns, this is a most welcome change, and I'm very much a fan of!
It's so much nicer to NOT see all the Crap threads popping up in the new posts or new threads sections, and frankly, I wish that stuff would all just go away!
I have three daughters from mid to late teens (and yes, they'll shoot your eye out). I have been hesitant to get them on here because of some of the risque/off color content intermingled with the new posts. I'm not saying that it should be Mr. Rogers neighborhood on here but pumping up the quality is appreciated.

Upvote 0
I have three daughters from mid to late teens (and yes, they'll shoot your eye out). I have been hesitant to get them on here because of some of the risque/off color content intermingled with the new posts. I'm not saying that it should be Mr. Rogers neighborhood on here but pumping up the quality is appreciated.

It should be family friendly and all the content that isn't should be reported so we can deal with it and keep it the way Joe wants it "family friendly". This is also why the change being discussed here and it is making the site better than it has been for the last few months, thankfully.

Upvote 0
We even have our own little " SPEC-OPS Tactical Troll Bustin Team" here that we call in when ever there is a need, it's classic to watch the PSY-OP'S the team runs on those guys! :D:D:D
Don't forget the less than lethal options we employ before the big guns are turned loose.

11942_large.jpg 3048.jpg

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews