JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Things have changed @MannyGlocks and not for the better of the members or this sight, like it or not, the changes that have had to be put in place are for the best for all, despite some feelings! A lot has happened, and most of it not good, and changes had to be made for the general health and well being of this sight! IF your dissatisfied with those choices, your welcome to take that discussion up with Joe Link PRIVATELY!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input guys, I'd be curious to hear the changes myself. Kind of bummed I can't see everything like I used too. Not my site though. I don't always post in certain threads, but I did enjoy reading them. Having to go into sub threads manually kind of makes me wonder why they even exist if they are quasi hidden.

I've got my answer, thanks. Don't want this thread to turn into a first fight or anything.

If an announcement was made and as to why, that would be cool.

Reno

Upvote 0
@Joe Link makes improvements to this site almost daily. His list of "fixes" and "bugs" is like a mile long.

Along with the fixes comes changes. Changes he deems are better for HIS site. I don't expect him to give any kind of details or announcements every time he does something.

That said, he is tagged here for reference.

Upvote 0
Not gonna happen, We are a GUN forum, and that's out #1 focus! With all the negative news, rona, masks, racism, BLM, and other Non Gun related topics, the system is completely flooded with crap threads which seriously detracts from what this sight is all about! Think of it this way, doing a google search, do you want one of the B.S topics to come up and bring people here, or only Gun topics? You need to look at the big picture of this sight's mission, not your personal tastes! We staff have enough on our plates chasing all the Crap threads and keeping things in check largely because new folks joining are brought here for off topic crap and they dive right in to the discussions, often with out even a cursory read of the rules!
That right there! I support the new move to keep this site primarily oriented towards firearms and firearms topics.
If one wants to focus on Off Topic threads, then just navigate there with an extra click of your mouse/tap of your finger.

If I may, I would like to commend the mods and @Joe Link for finding and rooting out those that came to this site recently for the sole purposes of trolling us and sowing discord and discontent. We all know the ones to which I refer. There is plenty of room here for respectful discourse of opposing views, but some newer members seem to have come to this site with a distinctly anti-2A mindset and sought to do nothing more than spew vile hate. Lest you think that I want this site to turn into an echo chamber solely for pro-2A folks, allow me to dissuade y'all now from that notion.

Have a better than terrific day and carry on! :D

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
Just realized I missed some 25 pages of goofy humor thread, one of my favorites! I'll definitely have to subscribe to that one.

Subscriptions tend to help! Learning to use that now.

Upvote 0
Just put it on your Watched Threads list.

I have my preferences set to select every thread to which I post a reply to go on my Watched Threads list.
If I get tired of where the thread is going, then I just "unwatch" that particular thread.

Capture.JPG

Upvote 0
So then what are we discussing? If someone wants to read the off topic stuff just WATCH that section. Easy enough. :)

Upvote 0
So then what are we discussing? If someone wants to read the off topic stuff just WATCH that section. Easy enough. :)
How does that work? If I click to watch a whole sub forum would I get a ton of alerts?

Upvote 0
You can turn off the alerts in your Preferences. I edited my post upthread to add an image of (a portion of) my selections.
Just unclick the "and receive email notifications" box(es) to stop receiving email alerts.

Upvote 0
I don't know as I would never "watch" an entire section. But easy enough to "watch" individual threads of interest.
I've started that. Never messed around with much of it. Starting to tinker around with it.

Upvote 0
I get over 100 emails a day from NWFA, last thing I'm gonna do is sign up for more. :D
No joke. I finally got my settings to stop sending emails. I still get some from older threads from an update or two ago I must have participated in. Can't quite figure out how to stop those.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top