JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Good Question @Reno

Yes.
The decision was made to give higher importance to firearm related content on there.

We all know how to access those areas and it's a minor sliver of NWFA that tended to have more activity than other areas.

Upvote 0
Honestly, with all the BullSnot threads that have nothing to do with Guns, this is a most welcome change, and I'm very much a fan of!
It's so much nicer to NOT see all the Crap threads popping up in the new posts or new threads sections, and frankly, I wish that stuff would all just go away!

Upvote 0
Would it be nicer for the user to let the user set which sub-forums they wish to see in "new posts"?
I'd love to shut off the classified ads for the new posts button. At times the first two pages are nothing but one guys ads.

I don't mind not seeing certain sections pop up on the new posts section. Just threw me off when I thought I replied to a thread in the off topic and never saw it again. It wad a good, non political thread, yet it didn't populate in the new posts area.

Upvote 0
This: " I'd love to shut off the classified ads for the new posts button. "

And please bring back the 'off topics' posts in the new posts.

This area helps us also keep up with what's going in the world besides guns and ammo.

We're adults.

Upvote 0
Not gonna happen, We are a GUN forum, and that's out #1 focus! With all the negative news, rona, masks, racism, BLM, and other Non Gun related topics, the system is completely flooded with crap threads which seriously detracts from what this sight is all about! Think of it this way, doing a google search, do you want one of the B.S topics to come up and bring people here, or only Gun topics? You need to look at the big picture of this sight's mission, not your personal tastes! We staff have enough on our plates chasing all the Crap threads and keeping things in check largely because new folks joining are brought here for off topic crap and they dive right in to the discussions, often with out even a cursory read of the rules!

Upvote 0
I can understand not wanting off-topics or another sub-forum to show up in google/et. al.

Just saying, for the purpose of letting the user see new threads/posts, which I think should be a separate issue (I could be wrong, I have little insight into how the forum s/w is setup/written), it would be nice to give the user the choice of which forums should showup in that view, for that user.

Just a thought. Maybe the forum s/w developers could put that on their list of improvements without it affecting what shows up in a search bot?

Upvote 0
Would it be nicer for the user to let the user set which sub-forums they wish to see in "new posts"?

That is an interesting idea. Off the top of my head I don't recall their being a way to do that with the standard XF system. Though a plugin, etc., might exist. When I dig my way out of the Monday morning avalanche, I'll see if that is even possible. :)

Upvote 0
Doesn't matter what Joe or us mods do. Always gonna have people complain. I suppose if anyone feels that strongly about it they could always make their own site and run it as they see fit?

Upvote 0
KJ,

I thought this thread is now considered a 'discussion'...no?

We, the folks who like and support this site have to meekly accept...whatever or we're some sort of ingrates?

Those who participate here do so voluntarily for fun and education.

If it's no longer fun because as it exists, it's burdensome on the folks who help run it and who then introduce changes the subscribers find un-fun, if you will, then sure they can migrant away...

Upvote 0
KJ,

I thought this thread is now considered a 'discussion'...no?

We, the folks who like and support this site have to meekly accept...whatever or we're some sort of ingrates?

Those who participate here do so voluntarily for fun and education.

If it's no longer fun because as it exists, it's burdensome on the folks who help run it and who then introduce changes the subscribers find un-fun, if you will, then sure they can migrant away...

How is it not a discussion? Because I posted my own opinions?

Shame on me, I guess mine don't count. Blah, I don't care. Not possible to keep everyone happy so why worry about it?

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR