JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just like this bull crap!!!!!!!!

LAPD Officers Avoid Prison for Lying in Drug Case - Officer.com

"Two former Los Angeles police partners who were found guilty of perjury and conspiring to obstruct justice avoided jail Tuesday when they were sentenced to community labor and probation, capping the first conviction of LAPD officers accused of falsely testifying during a trial in more than a decade.

Describing his sentencing decision as among the most difficult a judge could face, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael E. Pastor called the officers' conduct "regrettably shameful" but said he also took into account the careers and lives they had led.

He ordered that Evan Samuel, 41, perform 750 hours of service on graffiti removal or some other intensive labor and that Richard Amio, 34, complete 500 hours doing the same type of work. Samuel had faced a maximum sentence of more than seven years behind bars while Amio faced more than six years.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office had sought a minimum sentence of three years, arguing in court papers that "the lies told throughout their reports and testimony ... were deliberate and malicious and constituted a sophisticated attempt to derail the administration of justice. ..."

Makes me sick.

I have to agree with you and this is what I expected to hear. Anyone who performs their job in a professional, unbiased and neutral manner, definitely "does not" receive any "good" publicity whatsoever. They should but, that will never happen and I'm gonna stick with; "there's more bad than good." Oh well, I'll still avoid them at all costs. Well, hopefully there's no costs involved and the plague just looks easier to deal with. Thanks for the rebuttal :s0155:

Anyway, it doesn't matter. There are not enough good guys and girls in LE or in Our government as a whole to even want to bring back truth, justice, honor and accountability in Law Enforcement. It just stinks to see Our once great nation slide further away from morality with the ones who should be honorable and moral doing the things they do. The police.

How can we trust the police when they and the courts want even punish themselves when they break the very laws they condemn us for.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top