Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Off duty Tucson Police Department officer pulls gun on gas station clerk

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by coastal steelheader, Jul 18, 2013.

1. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

2. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

wow

3. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Apparently he got the incorrect change back and they were out of donuts.... I'm just sayin'.

Brutus Out.

China man, 2506, DemonNova and 4 others like this.
  4. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

To protect and serve

5. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Fired?.. that's a miracle. Hope he gets menacing charges etc. Lucky he didn't get shot.

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Not the first time an off duty officer has pulled a firearm on a civilian, won't be the last.

7. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Karma is a byatch. I wonder how long it'll be until that exact same thing happens to him.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

But these are TRAINED PROFESSIONALS, and only they should be allowed to have guns!

9. Synnergy

Synnergy Oregon Member

Wow, i sure am glad I don't work at a gas station/convenience store: seeing two customers wearing bullet proof vests like wife beaters = ready to rock status; awareness of intoxication AND bullet proof vests/tank top tuff guy = hand on 12-gauge; pointing gun at me! = elimination of first target and acquisition of second.
    Wow

10. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

All Americans should be allowed to own and carry their firearms in public, concealed or not to protect themselves from thugs like that. Cop or not, that guy should be held accountable for what he did. Being fired should only be one of the first steps at holding his wreckless azz accountable. He should be charged with menacing, attempted murder, attempted murder with a firearm, assault with a deadly weapon, etc...

11. Father of four

Kyle James McCartin: Off-duty Ariz. cop fired after arrested for pulling gun on store clerk

"TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A Tucson, Ariz., police officer has been fired after authorities say he pulled a gun on a gas station attendant while off duty and apparently intoxicated.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department notified Tucson police that 23-year-old Kyle James McCartin was arrested early Tuesday on two counts of aggravated assault.

Deputies were called to a Giant Gas Station and learned two men who appeared very intoxicated entered the store wearing bulletproof vests.

Authorities say one of the men pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the clerk twice.

Deputies found the men at a nearby apartment complex and the clerk identified McCartin as the man with the gun. ..."

Two counts of aggravated assault? That is bull crap! If it was a civilian who did that he would not get off that easily.

12. Father of four

Off-duty TPD officer arrested, fired for pointing gun at store clerk - Local News - Tucson, AZ | NBC News

" ...McCartin was arrested and booked into the Pima County Jail for two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

"Once deputies made contact with him, they found out that he was an off-duty TPD officer," said PCSD Deputy Jesus Banuelos.

Tucson Police declined to comment on the incident aside from a statement that was sent out indicating that McCartin was fired following a brief investigation.

However, the images of McCartin taking aim at the store clerk don't sit well with many Tucsonans -- as questions linger about how something like this could happen.

"That just really bugs me that he was given a badge to protect and serve and then he goes on the other side of the law, basically being a criminal," said Timothy Zipperer, who frequents the Giant gas station.

Banuelos asked the public not to lose faith in law enforcement because of this one incident.

"We would hope that the people in the community would take this incident and hot hold it against the other officers, toward deputies that are working hard," Banuelos said. ..."

13. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

wonder what would have happened if a citizen saw this happening and had a ccw and took the shot when the cop was pointing the pistol at the clerk?

14. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'm sure they would have been crucified by the legal system. Can't shoot at a cop no matter how egregious their behavior. Shouldn't be that way.

15. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

16. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I'll say this I have a lot of respect for the police but if they shot my dog like that for nothing it would break my heart and after that I would sue those SOBs till the cows came home
    the guy did not break any laws filming taking video public street he is not in their face he is far away then they created the situation then they kill his dog Fing azz holes in my opinion

17. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

That's what bothered me too. Worse than displaying the firearm, their entire attitude was one of entitlement and being above the law. Thankfully noone was hurt, and the system appears to have worked.

1 person likes this.
  18. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The same system that hired an arrogant, cocky, self-sure, smug prick. This is the personality type they hire. The only difference between this guy and all his buddies is a misestimate of blood alcohol capacity.

19. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

The sole reason the system "worked" is because the deed was caught on camera.

20. Father of four

I still think it only sorta worked. A civilian non-LEO would have had more charges brought against him/her I bet'cha.