JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, i sure am glad I don't work at a gas station/convenience store: seeing two customers wearing bullet proof vests like wife beaters = ready to rock status; awareness of intoxication AND bullet proof vests/tank top tuff guy = hand on 12-gauge; pointing gun at me! = elimination of first target and acquisition of second.
Wow

But these are TRAINED PROFESSIONALS, and only they should be allowed to have guns!

All Americans should be allowed to own and carry their firearms in public, concealed or not to protect themselves from thugs like that. Cop or not, that guy should be held accountable for what he did. Being fired should only be one of the first steps at holding his wreckless azz accountable. He should be charged with menacing, attempted murder, attempted murder with a firearm, assault with a deadly weapon, etc...

Kyle James McCartin: Off-duty Ariz. cop fired after arrested for pulling gun on store clerk

"TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A Tucson, Ariz., police officer has been fired after authorities say he pulled a gun on a gas station attendant while off duty and apparently intoxicated.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department notified Tucson police that 23-year-old Kyle James McCartin was arrested early Tuesday on two counts of aggravated assault.

Deputies were called to a Giant Gas Station and learned two men who appeared very intoxicated entered the store wearing bulletproof vests.

Authorities say one of the men pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the clerk twice.

Deputies found the men at a nearby apartment complex and the clerk identified McCartin as the man with the gun. ..."

Two counts of aggravated assault? That is bull crap! If it was a civilian who did that he would not get off that easily.

<broken link removed>

" ...McCartin was arrested and booked into the Pima County Jail for two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

"Once deputies made contact with him, they found out that he was an off-duty TPD officer," said PCSD Deputy Jesus Banuelos.

Tucson Police declined to comment on the incident aside from a statement that was sent out indicating that McCartin was fired following a brief investigation.

However, the images of McCartin taking aim at the store clerk don't sit well with many Tucsonans -- as questions linger about how something like this could happen.

"That just really bugs me that he was given a badge to protect and serve and then he goes on the other side of the law, basically being a criminal," said Timothy Zipperer, who frequents the Giant gas station.

Banuelos asked the public not to lose faith in law enforcement because of this one incident.

"We would hope that the people in the community would take this incident and hot hold it against the other officers, toward deputies that are working hard," Banuelos said. ..."

wonder what would have happened if a citizen saw this happening and had a ccw and took the shot when the cop was pointing the pistol at the clerk?

wonder what would have happened if a citizen saw this happening and had a ccw and took the shot when the cop was pointing the pistol at the clerk?

I'm sure they would have been crucified by the legal system. Can't shoot at a cop no matter how egregious their behavior. Shouldn't be that way.

I'll say this I have a lot of respect for the police but if they shot my dog like that for nothing it would break my heart and after that I would sue those SOBs till the cows came home
the guy did not break any laws filming taking video public street he is not in their face he is far away then they created the situation then they kill his dog Fing azz holes in my opinion

seeing two customers wearing bullet proof vests like wife beaters = ready to rock status; awareness of intoxication AND bullet proof vests/tank top tuff guy

That's what bothered me too. Worse than displaying the firearm, their entire attitude was one of entitlement and being above the law. Thankfully noone was hurt, and the system appears to have worked.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top