JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually it isn't.

The British didn't start in on arms confiscation until 1775 when the Massachusetts Provisional Congress took over the land outside of Boston.

That's when the Brits headed for Concord to scoop up powder and guns.

The original dispute starting in 1764-1774 was over taxes and our subsequent boycotts of English goods; simply put, money the Crown wanted and were not getting.
OK! Now back to the regularly scheduled topic, already in progress.
I get what you're saying as far as it didn't initiate the initial economic issues, but I will disagree that the control of arms was definitely an issue to the founders. What I meant those was these kinds of "tyrannical parenting" that liberals, and back in the day England, feel they need to enforce on us "for our own good." We should all know that Prozanski obviously knows what's best for us.:rolleyes:

Employers can black list an individual? Well, we the people are the employer of all elected officials. And some of them are obviously mentally impaired.

Message from GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
---------------------------------------------------------

guncontrolsignandheaven.jpg

In almost 30 years of fighting for gun rights, I just read one of the most disturbing pieces of legislation I have ever seen.

Anti-gun radicals in the Oregon Legislature plan to introduce an insane bill creating a secret gun ban list. You can read the bill here.

The draft bill -- which is numbered LC 250 -- allows a wide variety of people, who may not even know you, to secretly report you to government, claim you are "mentally ill" and have you secretly placed on a gun ban list.

Under the bill, college professors, employers, family members or "health care providers" can secretly report you to the government and have you banned from owning a gun.

If this passes, every gun owner in Oregon is in danger of having their rights stripped, without accusation, due process of law, or even notification.

Contact your state legislators NOW and tell them to vote NO on any bill creating a mental health gun ban registry.

There are no legal safeguards to protect you from being placed on the gun ban list.

In fact, under this bill, anti-gun activists like liberal college professors could spend hours tracking down and reporting every gun owner they know.

You will not be told if you are placed on the list.

The reports are anonymous, so you have no way to know who reported you or how you can face your accuser.

And the only way to get your name cleared is to PROVE that you are not a danger to yourself or others.

Although the circulated draft has blank spaces -- and does not say how long your guns would be impounded -- it is possible that you would have to spend thousands of dollars to prove to the government you are not mentally ill.

It is a wholesale attack on the Constitution.

Contact your state legislators NOW and tell them to vote NO on any bill creating a mental health gun ban registry.

Thank you in advance for taking action!

In Liberty,

Erich Pratt
Executive Director

P.S. Contact your state legislators NOW and tell them to vote NO on any bill creating a mental health gun ban registry. This is one of the worst bills I have seen in almost 30 years.

The draft bill creates a secret database of gun owners who will be stripped of their rights without accusation or due process of law. All it takes is one call from an anti-gun activist claiming a person is mentally ill. This is the gun ban totalitarian's dream.

You can also call your state legislators at 800-332-2313. The message is: vote NO on any bill creating a mental health gun ban registry.

--------------------------------------------------
Proud member and supporter of

Oregon Firearm Federation
Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
National Rifle Association

guncontrolsignandheaven.jpg

Emergency clauses. This is how DICTATORS RULE. We now have a dictatorship in Oregon as well as the Nation....still no one acts on it.......................:(
When????, When the tattoos are mandated ?
Don't know what to say anymore. :(:(:(:(

The Abuse of the Emergency clause should be a war cry to the right, but as usual
no one will do anything significant to stop it.
H with it, I am too old and too angry to say much more than that about this as gump might say............................:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last Edited:
Emergency clauses. This is how DICTATORS RULE. We now have a dictatorship in Oregon as well as the Nation....still no one acts on it.......................:(
When????, When the tattoos are mandated ?
Don't know what to say anymore. :(:(:(:(

The Abuse of the Emergency clause should be a war cry to the right, but as usual
no one will do anything significant to stop it.
H with it, I am too old and too angry to say much more than that about this as gump might say............................:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

There is a way to fight that. Slow process, but we need to keep fighting the abuse of the emergency clause.
<broken link removed>
I talk about it here:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/emergency-clause-and-gun-legislation.208540/

There is a way to fight that. Slow process, but we need to keep fighting the abuse of the emergency clause.
<broken link removed>
I talk about it here:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/emergency-clause-and-gun-legislation.208540/
I would urge all to print these out, get them signed and returned before the deadline.

Print extras for friends and family... This is not about firearms, this is about abuse of
power.

The out
Of control Oregon legislature needs to be reeled back in...

I would urge all to print these out, get them signed and returned before the deadline.

Print extras for friends and family... This is not about firearms, this is about abuse of
power.

The out
Of control Oregon legislature needs to be reeled back in...

I should have 5 show up today or tomorrow in the mail. They will go back out the following day.

How about we ask a friendly Republican on the committee to add language stating that anyone that loses the right to buy a gun also loses, simultaneously, their driver's license and right to vote in elections. It's common sense, right? See how that flies.

How about we ask a friendly Republican on the committee to add language stating that anyone that loses the right to buy a gun also loses, simultaneously, their driver's license and right to vote in elections. It's common sense, right? See how that flies.

though you might be joking, prozanski controls the committee. he and he alone decides what gets into the bill. Amendments can be added after it is voted on. But he gets to decide everyone's fate since it will pass no matter what he puts in it.

though you might be joking, prozanski controls the committee. he and he alone decides what gets into the bill. Amendments can be added after it is voted on. But he gets to decide everyone's fate since it will pass no matter what he puts in it.
Yup, just a blatant example of legislative abuse...

He as well as the currently appointed Secretary of State and Governor all need to be swept out with the trash...

INSANE?! Ginny has always seemed to fit the bill and this is a good example. :( But I suspect that reporting her as mentally ill would not prevent her from creating more life altering legislation like this. This action reaffirms our decision to leave the Peoples Republic of Oregon and move to the State of Redoubt. I'll be watching the outcome from this side of the Idaho state line. Sorry brothers....

We have received a preliminary copy of one of the most dangerous pieces of anti-gun legislation we have ever seen.

While the concept was first floated by Ginny Burdick, there may be other legislators behind it.

This bill eviscerates due process and turns Oregon into a Soviet style collection of secret snitches.

Basically if someone makes a claim that you are, in their opinion, experiencing a "mental health emergency" you lose your right to buy a firearm!

Included in the list of people who can make that accusation against you are such "mental health experts" as a college art professor, your boss, or an aunt you have not seen in 20 years!

Once the accusation has been made, it's your problem to get your rights restored!

You are not even allowed to know who made the accusation and you are not informed that your rights have been taken away unless you attempt a firearms purchase. You are not allowed to know how long the "hold" on your rights is!

The person who made the accusation is immune from any liability for making the accusation that takes away your rights.

People will be able to make fabricated accusations against you online!

We cannot stress enough how dangerous this proposed bill is.

If the past is any indication, efforts will be made to ram this bill through with as little discussion as possible.

Your rights are in the cross hairs. If this bill becomes law, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Just imagine a woman whose dangerous husband has threatened to kill her. She wants to buy a gun for protection, but a "family member" (maybe the husband?) makes an anonymous accusation, online, that she is experiencing a "mental health emergency" and now her rights are gone! Not only will she be unable to protect herself, she will have to jump through impossible hoops to "prove" she is not mentally ill!

We have run into some downright evil legislation before, but this is beyond anything we have ever seen. Have a doctor who does not like guns? Your rights are gone. Have a boss who's mad at you? Your rights are gone. Have a crazy cousin who thinks no one should have a gun? Your rights are gone.

Of course, this bill has an "emergency clause" to make sure the people of Oregon cannot stop it at the ballot box!

We will have more on this bill if it moves through the legislature, but we wanted you to know that the battle is on even before the session has started. We are going to need all the help we can get for what promises to be a very ugly 2016. Please consider any contribution you can afford to help us reach as many people as possible. Any one of us can become a victim of this kind of outrage. You can help OFF here.

We have received a preliminary copy of one of the most dangerous pieces of anti-gun legislation we have ever seen.

While the concept was first floated by Ginny Burdick, there may be other legislators behind it.

This bill eviscerates due process and turns Oregon into a Soviet style collection of secret snitches.

Basically if someone makes a claim that you are, in their opinion, experiencing a "mental health emergency" you lose your right to buy a firearm!

Included in the list of people who can make that accusation against you are such "mental health experts" as a college art professor, your boss, or an aunt you have not seen in 20 years!

Once the accusation has been made, it's your problem to get your rights restored!

You are not even allowed to know who made the accusation and you are not informed that your rights have been taken away unless you attempt a firearms purchase. You are not allowed to know how long the "hold" on your rights is!

The person who made the accusation is immune from any liability for making the accusation that takes away your rights.

People will be able to make fabricated accusations against you online!

We cannot stress enough how dangerous this proposed bill is.

If the past is any indication, efforts will be made to ram this bill through with as little discussion as possible.

Your rights are in the cross hairs. If this bill becomes law, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Just imagine a woman whose dangerous husband has threatened to kill her. She wants to buy a gun for protection, but a "family member" (maybe the husband?) makes an anonymous accusation, online, that she is experiencing a "mental health emergency" and now her rights are gone! Not only will she be unable to protect herself, she will have to jump through impossible hoops to "prove" she is not mentally ill!

We have run into some downright evil legislation before, but this is beyond anything we have ever seen. Have a doctor who does not like guns? Your rights are gone. Have a boss who's mad at you? Your rights are gone. Have a crazy cousin who thinks no one should have a gun? Your rights are gone.

Of course, this bill has an "emergency clause" to make sure the people of Oregon cannot stop it at the ballot box!

We will have more on this bill if it moves through the legislature, but we wanted you to know that the battle is on even before the session has started. We are going to need all the help we can get for what promises to be a very ugly 2016. Please consider any contribution you can afford to help us reach as many people as possible. Any one of us can become a victim of this kind of outrage. You can help OFF here.

Just my first thought. But if you are on Facebook or Instagram, or any other social media site, I'd bail now.
Sorry to say, but this site is a target as well.
People will cruise this site, and bring the heat on us.

I will stay on this site for now. But it be also bought enough guns. I know that's a sin to say.

I have one gun.

Gatling.

As soon as this bill passes we all email a list of progressive liberals in our legislature with Polanski at the top with the mental health disease called Liberalism. Then once they lose their rights we then have Liberalism outlawed to be in this country.

THERE ALL BETTER NOW:cool:

Life time Oregonian......always thought I would retire and die in this state. I see little hope of that.

But first TPTB will try to marginalize you, seize your assets, then either kill you or force you into a depression where you kill yourself.

Now that I think about it, if the doctors on board with this kind of legislation believe that a person needs to be medicated before proving innocence, a person would probably be taking meds that cause them to fall into psychosis and kill themselves. In short, if they can't fully beat you, either they'll try to kill you or have you kill yourself.

So I spent a portion of the day writing my Senator and representative (will do no good) along with contacting as many news stations and writing the following letter to the editor trying to bring attention to the misuse of the emergency clause by Salem. Once I was able to show the newspaper editor that the clause does not just mean it goes into effect when signed but also intentionally circumvent the voting process he told me and I quote " OK, thanks. I'll prepare the letter and do my darnedest to get it in before the Legislature starts its session on Feb. 1". Maybe the key is to not JUST look at this as a gun issue but an issue that locks the citizens out of their voice by abusing the emergency clause. Here is the letter tot he editor that I sent and I sugest we flood every paper in the state with similar letters.

It appears that our legislators in Salem are prone to circumventing the voters with the use of the "emergency clause". During the 2015 session it looks as if 46% of the bills had this clause attached to it so the bills never goes to the voters. Here are a few of the bills, look them up and see if an emergency actually existed or if we just wanted to get the bills passed. SB927 SB324 SB822 HB2177 (Are you kidding me? This is the motor voter bill) SB833 SB941 SB612. Here is the emergency clause that is being used to lock out the citizens in the state of Oregon.

"Necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health and safety, an emergency is declared to exist, and this Act takes effect on its passage"

It is time to make Salem politicians accountable and to stop them from playing their games of going around the voters. I have written my Senator and my Representative but suspect one voice will do little to stop this charade in Salem. Why are they so afraid to bring their legislation before the voters and let the people who pay their salaries and elect them vote on the issues? They are not elected to Salem to push their own agendas but to represent the people of their districts that elected them. Tell them we want a voice in how our state is run."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top