JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm with Dunehopper and nammac. There need to be PROTESTS. Not passive rallies. Multiple ones. Protests outside legislators homes. Protests where we are locked arm in arm, but without aggression, surrounding the capitol....blocking all ways in and out. No more lengthy discussions in here how these lawmakers are dumb....they are not. They are calculating oppressive, evil statists. And no more repeating of this fact is needed. More and more threads in here should contain links to information where the next protest is and when. And what the gun laws are where they are at so we can show up peacefully armed if possible. Protests on weekdays AND weekends....so people of all work schedules can attend. And members here NEED to urge, shame, scare, beg, cajole, and demand your gun owner friends, who aren't political, that it's time to get political. It's way overdue. I don't even think the Harney County militia situation should be discussed much more....The players there have things handled and accurate news is getting out, even if it is mostly from alternative news sources. The assaults on civil rights (gun rights isn't enough of a description for the idiot masses....these need to be called simple civil rights) in Washington and Oregon, with gun bans, secret reporting, elimination of due process, and flat out ABUSE of citizens is the MORE pressing issue now. This is it. If it is allowed to go further you all will be disarmed, disenfranchised, subservient sub-citizens to the progressive urban elite. The political and propaganda war must start now. Nor more redundant griping about who it behind this. I No more delusions of grandeur of legislators being arrested for treason or prosecuted under RICO statutes. It's not going to happen, and posts like that do nothing but help the poster feel better while knowing deep down that they won't make it to the next real protest. I want to see protest dates. Guidelines and behavioral recommendations for those protests. I want lawmakers homes picketed legally. This HAS to take an offensive tone and NOT defensive. And reason and fact must be used. I also think Oregon people need to go north and help protest with the Washington people, and Washington people need to come south and help the Oregonians...as we all know with the copycat progressivism in government here, what happens in one state will soon happen in a neighboring state. We have no choice. What say you? Are you just going to take this?

Last Edited:
Should this soviet style legislation become law what would be the next "logical" step from the statist's perspective? If a you are reported as having a mental health emergency wouldn't the common sense progression be to confiscate any firearms that you may have? And just to be sure, wouldn't it be reasonable to conduct a no knock search just to be sure?

Should this soviet style legislation become law what would be the next "logical" step from the statist's perspective? If a you are reported as having a mental health emergency wouldn't the common sense progression be to confiscate any firearms that you may have? And just to be sure, wouldn't it be reasonable to conduct a no knock search just to be sure?

That's exactly where it's headed.

I agree with the last two posts!!

And if you think they are going to do a search while you are there, I have a bridge to sell you. LEO ain't that dumb.

6b832a7f-47f5-4cd3-807b-36602eeab7b6.jpg
Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization

Today the Senate Judiciary Committee formally introduced Floyd Prozanski's LC 250 which we told you about earlier this week. The bill was introduced as a "Committee Bill" which means Prozanski won't have his name on it.

As you know, this bill will allow totally unqualified people to make anonymous accusations against others and claim those people are experiencing "mental health emergencies."

These accusations will not be investigated, the accused will not know the accusation has been made unless they try to buy a gun nor will they be allowed to know who their accuser is or how long their rights will be suspended.

If they choose to challenge the accusations, they assume the full burden of proving they are not guilty and all of the expense.

The Committee approved the bill on a 1 to three vote. All Democrats voted yes, Senator Thatcher voted no and Senator Jeff Kruse was recovering from surgery and was not present.

The Democrats are:
Floyd Prozanski [email protected]
Sara Gelser [email protected]
Diane Rosenbaum [email protected]

The Republican who voted to protect your rights is:
Senator Kim Thatcher [email protected]

Today's vote was not a vote to pass the bill out of committee. It was to formally introduce the draft as a bill. The next step will be actual hearings on the bill during the coming session in February.

We will continue to monitor this legislation as it moves through the system. Be prepared to take action and contact your legislators who can be found here.

6b832a7f-47f5-4cd3-807b-36602eeab7b6.jpg

Why don't these idiots focus there time and energy on doing something about real gun violence like taking on the street gangs with meaningful action. They are so full of BS that I can smell it from here.

Why don't these idiots focus there time and energy on doing something about real gun violence like taking on the street gangs with meaningful action. They are so full of BS that I can smell it from here.

That's not what they want. They want us disarmed so we can be more easily controlled.

It's finally hit me as to why Prozanski hates guns so much. He was too weak and pathetic to protect his sister from her felon boyfriend. In typical liberal fashion, rather than be a man and face that, he decided it was the gun's fault and he should make this crusade against them.

It's finally hit me as to why Prozanski hates guns so much. He was too weak and pathetic to protect his sister from her felon boyfriend. In typical liberal fashion, rather than be a man and face that, he decided it was the gun's fault and he should make this crusade against them.

Its been clear that this is what it is all about. In the house committee meeting where he presented he said something to the effect of "you dont know what it is like to loose a loved one" and the reply from Mike McLane was something like "we dont just include opinions from only people who have lost someone"

He probably made some bedtime promise to his sister's memory that he would do what ever it takes stop another death like hers legal or not. Its clear he is making laws to only satisfy himself rather than take responsibility for his own lack of action

There were MORE than enough signatures gathered to trigger a recal during that particular push, however the SOS's office gleefully disqualified it using "statistical sampling" and it fell short by a few scant signatures.

It's a very real possibility the next election cycle could see him voted out, if his actions are kept fresh in the minds of his constituency.

So what happens when you break up with a girlfriend and she claims you are nuts? Or a disgruntel co-worker who was just fired and he tells the cops you are off your rocker? Anybody could make the accusation and your are screwed.

The version of the draft posted by KATU included a $6,250 fine for false report in the preamble, but not in the body and no mechanism for enforcement. I don't see any notes as to which is most recent.

<broken link removed>

They both contain the emergency clause. As Norm0931 says, we need to make sure everyone signs on to <broken link removed> . I have. Have you?

I can't see this not getting thrown out in court. It violates so many Constitutional protections it's staggering to me that even a layman could draft it. Realistically though, they drafted it then turned it over to a group of lawyers who are changing words so it does the same thing, but skirts by the law. If it's passed, hopefully we can get a judge who can see through this crap.

Sadly, even if we get the signatures for the Emergency Clause Initiative it won't do any good for this year's session. But it could protect us from future sessions and it would show that Prozanski is out of touch with voters.

Then the entire Oregon Legislature majority should be sacked.

Agreed, but that can ONLY happen if pro-gun voters vote pro-gun in November - no excuses. No "my vote doesn't count so I won't vote", no "all of them are corrupt, so I won't vote", no "they're going to win anyway, so I won't vote" and, no voting for anti-gun politicians just because they support social programs. This year will be a critical year for gun owners in Oregon and Washington. Either speak up and vote for pro-gun politicians, or waste your vote and wait for the next round of restrictions on your rights. Sitting back and doing nothing is the same as handing them the pen they'll use to take our rights.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top