JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
6b832a7f-47f5-4cd3-807b-36602eeab7b6.jpg
Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization
View attachment 441523
The recent announcement of plans for a ballot measure to ban modern firearms and feeding devices is just one of many attacks on the Second Amendment underway now.
Retailer Fred Meyer has gone so far as announcing that not only will it stop selling firearms, it will stop selling certain firearm magazines. No, not firearms "feeding devices," magazines, <broken link removed>
As if this were not crazy enough, Oregon's House Republican leader, Mike McLane, recently stated that he plans to help Democrats raise the minimum age to purchase a firearm to 21.
(No word on if he plans to save countless lives by raising the minimum age to drive.)
But worst of all, now the NRA is openly endorsing what they themselves call "Firearm Surrender Bills."
It's sad but true. NRA is now calling for "Extreme Risk Protection Orders" of the type they have opposed across the country. While saying they need to have strong "due process" components, they ignore that it is the very nature of these laws to deny due process.
This is the last thing we need in the current environment.
If you are an NRA member (or even if you are not) please let the NRA know they do not speak for you when they endorse laws that confiscate firearms from people who have not been convicted of, or even accused of, a crime.
And please use this link to send a message to Mike McLane that you do not support taking away Second Amendment rights from young adults. Thank you.

Adding new laws where old laws cover an illegal act is just a way for lazy law makers to keep their name in the public. New Coke. Who asked for it. I wish they would all go the way of Clear Pepsi.

Last Edited:
Well damn, I knew the NRA was going stupid, now I'm sure of it! :eek:
Drafting a strongly worded letter as we speak and will be including my life membership card, my father's, and grandfather's, and both brothers will be sending theirs to me to include in this letter! We're done, my entire family has supported the NRA, but now the NRA refuses to support us and our rights, so BY,BY NRA! It's not been swell:mad:

My entire family all no longer support the NRA or any of its satellites, and will no longer promote them in any way! Further more, we plan to show how our donations are miss spent on inflated salaries and a dead end legislation, while ignoring our voice and vote! Wane Lapiere is an azzhole and does not speak for me or my family or to our rights and needs! If the antis ever wanted a small victory against gun owners, they just got one from my family!

Seriously dark days ahead, I have never seen the benefit of supporting the NRA because they rarely step up to head off Anti-gun legislation, especially here in Oregon.

I found this article interesting on how to talk with people wanting gun-control. I think we are often both speaking English, but what the passive gun-control supporters are trying to communicate are different from what they are saying. "Why would anyone want to buy an AR15?" isn't asking for technical or practical reasons. But rather it is a rhetorical question "Why would you want to own a murder weapon?". I think being able to talk these people back from the edge is going to be a big part of dealing with future gun-control movements. And THEN talk about the practical reasons to own one, and why it isn't a "weapon of war".

I get there are some rabid types out there. and this isn't directed at those lost causes. If anything, LET them lash out and act crazy. Let them set the example for 'gun sense'.

But I feel like a lot of people chasing after the gun-control bandwagon are just plain scared/angry/desperate, and looking for a 'solution' that is easy to understand. i.e. ban guns. A perfect storm for the gun-control side that depends on those emotions to progress their agenda.

Here's some thoughts and tools to consider when talking to them.
Rifles and Reason

After seeing this video I have decided I will not be renewing my NRA membership ever again. Extreme Risk Protection Orders are just one step from turning the USA into a complete Nazi like fascist society where the politicians decide who is good or bad and not our laws. With ERPO we have no constitutional rights and no court of law to uphold such laws and protect such rights.

The NRA and Trump the fascist have shown us their true colors. Any president who says take their guns and worry about due process later is a tyrant and traitor. We need to stop being Trump's and the NRA's b*tch and bring back that whole WE THE PEOPLE mindset. If we as a people cannot join together and stand up for our rights we might as well just turn in our guns and put up giant pictures of the leader on our walls.

View attachment 441522
Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization
View attachment 441523
The recent announcement of plans for a ballot measure to ban modern firearms and feeding devices is just one of many attacks on the Second Amendment underway now.
Retailer Fred Meyer has gone so far as announcing that not only will it stop selling firearms, it will stop selling certain firearm magazines. No, not firearms "feeding devices," magazines, <broken link removed>
As if this were not crazy enough, Oregon's House Republican leader, Mike McLane, recently stated that he plans to help Democrats raise the minimum age to purchase a firearm to 21.
(No word on if he plans to save countless lives by raising the minimum age to drive.)
But worst of all, now the NRA is openly endorsing what they themselves call "Firearm Surrender Bills."
It's sad but true. NRA is now calling for "Extreme Risk Protection Orders" of the type they have opposed across the country. While saying they need to have strong "due process" components, they ignore that it is the very nature of these laws to deny due process.
This is the last thing we need in the current environment.
If you are an NRA member (or even if you are not) please let the NRA know they do not speak for you when they endorse laws that confiscate firearms from people who have not been convicted of, or even accused of, a crime.
And please use this link to send a message to Mike McLane that you do not support taking away Second Amendment rights from young adults. Thank you.
Done.

"Divide and Conquer"; it seems to be working....for the Left! Sen. Wyden was right eh?

Unholy alliances are a reality; the Right better learn to embrace them or we will fall hard and we will fall far.....

I can understand the justified disappointment(s) with the NRA; I'm not surprised, I called it a month ago.

I can see cutting monetary support from the NRA, and I can see voicing disaproval, but I can't see "throwing out the baby with the bath-water" so to speak.

I cannot see how standing on the same side of the "fence" with the opposition; standing against any measure of support we get from the NRA or any other pro-2a organization.

We cannot even get a sufficient % of so-called 2A people to get off their "high horse" long enough to vote; now the Left is successfully driving a wedge between us.

A platoon of half-hearted dragoons is much-better than no dragoons at all; kicking them in the gnads only exacerbates the problem(s).

Use the "help" any way we can.

I support and respect OFF and their efforts on our behalf.
I am also not sure dumping the NRA at this point in time is a wise move. OFF is asking for you to straighten the NRA out. To tell them they are wrong and to get it right. They are not saying abandon them.
Think about it, if we all walk away from what has been perceived as our foundation of belief (rightly or wrongly) what will represent our platform? Yes they are drifting aimlessly, but we do not have the time or resources to build another train, much less get it speeding down the right track. Folks won't even do what OFF is asking and contact the NRA. It's just- I'm mad and don't want to play anymore. That doesn't get it done.
The 3 letters N-R-A still make an anti's sphincter tighten, and that is a beautiful thing. Click the link the OFF provided and speak your piece. Stave off Schumer.

I support and respect OFF and their efforts on our behalf.
I am also not sure dumping the NRA at this point in time is a wise move. OFF is asking for you to straighten the NRA out. To tell them they are wrong and to get it right. They are not saying abandon them.
Think about it, if we all walk away from what has been perceived as our foundation of belief (rightly or wrongly) what will represent our platform? Yes they are drifting aimlessly, but we do not have the time or resources to build another train, much less get it speeding down the right track. Folks won't even do what OFF is asking and contact the NRA. It's just- I'm mad and don't want to play anymore. That doesn't get it done.
The 3 letters N-R-A still make an anti's sphincter tighten, and that is a beautiful thing. Click the link the OFF provided and speak your piece. Stave off Schumer.

I guess I can make plenty of concessions with our 2nd Amendment if I had no other choice. However, Extreme Risk Protection Orders are not one of those concessions I can make. They want to ban Bump Stocks? Fine, ban those.. At least the NRA can be honest and say we are supporting banning these to make you liberals shut up, instead of pretending that more gun control will solve all the problems with shootings in our country. The NRA says they support adding Bump STocks to the NFA.. Why does the NRA support one of the most unconstitutional and fascist-like government agencies in our bloated bureaucracy, BATFE/ATF who enforce these fascist NFA rules?

However, advocating to circumvent Due Process by supporting Extreme Risk Protection Orders has crossed the line. The NRA won't be seeing anymore of my money until they revoke their statements supporting these fascist Extreme Risk Protection Orders that serve no other purpose than to circumvent Due Process and dissolve our Rights.

Let us have a new Pro 2nd Amendment organization, like GOA , OFF, even JPFO who will not be willing to bargain away some of our essential rights to appease the fascists.

What we really need is a more vigilant and pro-active gun owners , because putting your faith in an organization that runs itself like a business will be bound to fail in the end. It is our Constitution and those who truly support it who will keep us from losing our rights, not a large organization that has a catchy name that scares liberals.

If Donald Trump can go from Mr. 2nd Amendment to Mr. Sensible Gun Laws, so can the NRA when the cash flows from the right directions. If Governor Rick Scott could go from the governor to help vote for pro gun legislation to the guy who help strip more 2nd Amendment freedoms from Florida residents than any governor before him, you can bet the NRA, can also follow suit, esp if all its once pro-gun politicians start trying to appease the enemy for votes and financing.

I guess I can make plenty of concessions with our 2nd Amendment if I had no other choice. However, Extreme Risk Protection Orders are not one of those concessions I can make. They want to ban Bump Stocks? Fine, ban those.. At least the NRA can be honest and say we are supporting banning these to make you liberals shut up, instead of pretending that more gun control will solve all the problems with shootings in our country. The NRA says they support adding Bump STocks to the NFA.. Why does the NRA support one of the most unconstitutional and fascist-like government agencies in our bloated bureaucracy, BATFE/ATF who enforce these fascist NFA rules?

However, advocating to circumvent Due Process by supporting Extreme Risk Protection Orders has crossed the line. The NRA won't be seeing anymore of my money until they revoke their statements supporting these fascist Extreme Risk Protection Orders that serve no other purpose than to circumvent Due Process and dissolve our Rights.

Let us have a new Pro 2nd Amendment organization, like GOA , OFF, even JPFO who will not be willing to bargain away some of our essential rights to appease the fascists.

What we really need is a more vigilant and pro-active gun owners , because putting your faith in an organization that runs itself like a business will be bound to fail in the end. It is our Constitution and those who truly support it who will keep us from losing our rights, not a large organization that has a catchy name that scares liberals.

If Donald Trump can go from Mr. 2nd Amendment to Mr. Sensible Gun Laws, so can the NRA when the cash flows from the right directions. If Governor Rick Scott could go from the governor to help vote for pro gun legislation to the guy who help strip more 2nd Amendment freedoms from Florida residents than any governor before him, you can bet the NRA, can also follow suit, esp if all its once pro-gun politicians start trying to appease the enemy for votes and financing.

Politics is a very slippery slope, we have given to the cause. By allowing the tightening of anti-gun laws (let's face it gun laws are anti-gun laws). How much are we willing to backstep, is the current question gun owners are facing.
Politicians do what serves them best, not what serves the people. That's where we are at as a nation. Career politicians need to have their career choices narrowed by limiting terms. Its that simple limit the power these jerks hold over a population at any given time.

... "Why would anyone want to buy an AR15?" isn't asking for technical or practical reasons. But rather it is a rhetorical question "Why would you want to own a murder weapon?"....

You can see that ad nauseam in the comments section to a pro-gun piece in the NYT -- everything from "you know what the A stands for in AR?" (and yes, the poster thought it meant "assault") to people bemoaning the fact you can buy "weapons of war", or others who hate the fact that you can get an AR12 or AR14 via the "gun show loophole". The kid's article was good though: Opinion | Why I Didn't Join My School's Walkout

A repost here for the facebook objectors?

Here you go;
------------------------------------------

I'm disappointed with how ineffective gun rights advocates have been. We've been using messaging that does not resonate with the public.

Here is a case example: my counseling class dedicated the first hour of class to talking about how we can feel safe in the wake of the shootings lately. These are regular people, regular anti-gun people, at that, and we can see right here exactly what motivates them: fear. They claim the NRA is the fear-mongering organization, and regardless of how true that is, they are obviously terrified themselves.

Most of the people in my class said that they don't feel safe anymore because of these shootings (mind you, I live in one of the most anti-gun places in the country). That tells us a lot about where they're coming from; most of us find these shooting very disturbing, but know they are rare enough that statistically, worrying about this probably worse for our health.

Their knowledge of guns has either all been through Hollywood or news reports of heinous crimes. They *know* that guns are scary, which makes public shootings even more scary than other types of mass killings.

In other words, these people aren't listening when you talk evidence-based solutions so long as that primitive part of their brain is engaged telling them that they are not safe. They want to feel safe. Gun control is an act of self-soothing. It makes them feel like they can do something that targets their fear.

If you encounter and individual who is arguing from emotion (even if they try to throw in some logic), DO NOT engage with facts unless there are non-emotional parties onlooking. They will NOT open up to you until they feel like you and what you are talking about is SAFE.

This is a big challenge for gun rights advocates, because many on our side just love to be as aggressive as possible, and while that may be satisfying, and appropriate when we're talking only to those on our side, if we're trying to have a conversation, it's only setting us back.

This is very frustrating, when someone isn't being logical, but in the case of most anti-gunners, that part of their brain simply isn't in the driver's seat when it comes to the subject, and we can be as frustrated as we want about it, but we can't change that unless we accept it first.

This leads me to the next point: these people may 100% believe themselves when they say they want to just ban AR-15s and not all guns. However, to them, gun control is an act of self-soothing, so they will simply do it until all guns are banned (little by little), or until shootings stop, which will happen never.

Here's the hard truth to swallow: we can't hope to achieve long-term victory by shouting at the opposition about how stupid they are. This is about winning hearts so that we can win minds.

What can you do? Remember that an gun control advocates are usually driven by emotion (fear) and ideology. When you directly challenge their assumptions and start disamantingly their belief systems, you become an active threat to them, and they will shut down, and you have lost them. Instead, present yourself as someone with compassion (which I'm sure most of you do have) who is presenting a viewpoint which they have not considered. Use non-combative language. Agree with them where you agree, even if it's only basic ideas such as "We need to do what we can to save children's' lives." Validate the concerns they have regarding safety (even if the aren't actually unsafe, telling people not to feel what they feel doesn't work),

As for the second major motivation, ideology, endeavor to show that you're not some stereotype that they attribute to gun rights supporters– the intolerant and selfish redneck who cares about his guns than children. Be open-minded. Acknowledge good ideas or intentions where you see them. In other words, show them that you're on the same team. Build rapport with them, otherwise, they may see you as 'the enemy,' and will reject your message.

Your chances of changing a person's mind with a single conversation are very small, but even by breaking the mold of what that person thinks a gun rights advocate should be, you've given them pause. Over time, as more people come align with our beliefs, they will see those around them doing less anti-gun moralizing, and thus are disincentivized to do so themselves, because there is no reward for them.

Good luck. Remember, this isn't about winning an argument. It's about changing culture.

-Themanclaw

29186189_1473335689460157_4084061062914113536_n.jpg

NRA Supports Extreme Risk Protection Orders.

NRA Supports States Enacting 'Extreme Risk Protection Orders' - The Truth About Guns

"We need to stop dangerous people before they act." Um no. We are not the thought police.

See ol' Reemus'
Woodpile Report
Scroll down to "Truth About Guns - NRA Supports " Below the DQ Ad.

Also, I didn't know this, but the NRA came up with the phrase: "Common Sense Gun Law" or Restriction, to sell the 1968 gun grab; the one based upon the Ronald Reagan CA gun grab.

I just hope the Lib Snow Flakes remember Their stance on Sanctuary cities when the time comes...
If it's (pick your own laws to follow) good enough for them it's good enough for me and mine too...:s0137:

Nice OFF.... way to step up and tell others to step up while you do what exactly??

Where is the leadership anyone can report events, where is the action ?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews