JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kevin Starrett at OFF posted this today on Facebook:

Senator Knopp Sells Out

Today Senator Tim Knopp sold out his fellow Republicans and returned to the floor in an effort to give gun grabbing Democrats the quorum they need to pass devastating legislation.

Yesterday the "Oregon Catalyst" ran a glowing puff piece on Knopp praising him for walking off the floor with other Republicans. Today Knopp folded.

The Senate needs two Republicans to abandon their principles and Knopp gave them half of what they need.

If the grossly understaffed Oregon State Police are pulled off our roads to hunt down the other Republicans who have refused to participate in this side show, and they can locate and arrest one more Republican and force them back to the floor, the Democrats can pass ANYTHING. So bills like the gun grabbing SB 978 are almost sure to become law.

Please contact Knopp and let him know how outraged you are at this betrayal.

This is COMPLETELY INACCURATE AND WRONG!

Senator Knopp was there at the behest of the Republicans in the state senate to deliver an ultimatum about the new tax bill and other bills, namely that the Republicans would stay away until the Democrats decided to negotiate with them for changes in these bills. His presence today was NOT unauthorized, not a capitulation, and was not an effort to give the Democrats the quorum they lacked. He was delivering the Republican message.

When I and others attempted to point out the glaring errors in this facebook post we were blocked from OFF's Facebook page. I expect that kind of behavior from Ceasefire, but not from what is supposed to be a legitimate pro-gun organization. Speaking for myself, I'm afraid that I am done with OFF until they can stop bashing gun friendly legislators and other pro-gun groups who should be allies in this fight, not enemies.

I called and spoke with Senator Knopp's staff, they were thankful for encouraging words. They were beginning to be inundated with nasty emails from OFF. This is a continuous pattern of abuse by OFF that further divides and to be quite frankly is hurting our cause. I too was blocked today by OFF because I spoke up about he was using fear and emotions to drive people to react in ways that are ruining our opportunities to have a conversation. I'm very fortunate to be in a position to have working relationships at the capital with a very diverse network. I will now dedicate my already difficult schedule to vetting any email blast from OFF. He doesn't speak for me, in fact he's had a good run. I say we defund and start our own organization. I have the network we just need boots. Who's with me?

KATU news just ran a full piece on Sen, Knopp just now!
Yup, Kevin was wrong once again, and has yet to update the pages to offer any explanation, or apology! I donated last year, I will not be doing so again! Kevin is truly his own worst enemy, and I shamed my self taking him at his word!

Once bitten and all, never again!:eek:

I called and spoke with Senator Knopp's staff, they were thankful for encouraging words. They were beginning to be inundated with nasty emails from OFF. This is a continuous pattern of abuse by OFF that further divides and to be quite frankly is hurting our cause. I too was blocked today by OFF because I spoke up about he was using fear and emotions to drive people to react in ways that are ruining our opportunities to have a conversation. I'm very fortunate to be in a position to have working relationships at the capital with a very diverse network. I will now dedicate my already difficult schedule to vetting any email blast from OFF. He doesn't speak for me, in fact he's had a good run. I say we defund and start our own organization. I have the network we just need boots. Who's with me?
Count me in, I live 5 minutes away from the gilded logger, and would be up for helping if I can!

Yup, Kevin was wrong once again, and has yet to update the pages to offer any explanation, or apology! I donated last year, I will not be doing so again! Kevin is truly his own worst enemy, and I shamed my self taking him at his word!

He actually doubled down a little bit ago.

I've been checking various news articles published tonight and they indicate Sen. Knopp is taking part denying a quorum, including this information:

Republican Sen. Tim Knopp of Bend says the party is "in for the long haul" and won't return to the Capitol until Democrats agree to renegotiate the tax plan.
I really hope someone at OFF checks the facts soon.

That's our job. Every email that comes from OFF, must be vetted relatively quickly. Before too much misinformation is spread. We will need to start driving a wedge between him and us. He will do it most likely himself. Me must appear as reasonable people not rabid dogs.

Hey, I'm all for a state organization that actually has our best interests at heart, that produces timely, factual information for us to act on. I'd be a member and contributor. That crow I had to eat this afternoon is still stuck in my throat. Talk about feelin like a fool!!!!

Not only that, he has doubled down on his lies telling me I was conned by Knopp. The guy is a loose cannon and he's hurting us. Not another nickel from me.

Hey, I'm all for a state organization that actually has our best interests at heart, that produces timely, factual information for us to act on. I'd be a member and contributor. That crow I had to eat this afternoon is still stuck in my throat. Talk about feelin like a fool!!!!
You're not the only one. I had a busy day putting out fires.

I've been checking various news articles published tonight and they indicate Sen. Knopp is taking part denying a quorum, including this information:

I really hope someone at OFF checks the facts soon.
He replied to my comment about his inaccuracy by telling me I'd been conned. He doubled down on it rather than admit he was dead wrong and apologize...TO EVERYONE.

He replied to my comment about his inaccuracy by telling me I'd been conned. He doubled down on it rather than admit he was dead wrong and apologize...TO EVERYONE.

I'll be candid here; about a year ago I was about an inch away from canceling my OFF support and sending them a rather pointed letter. I won't go into why, but suffice it to say it was after an exchange with them that bordered on the defeatist and nasty. Then they stepped up to the plate during the whole IP-43 insanity and I opted not to.

I support a lot of pro-2A groups: all four souls in this home are NRA members and I have been since adolescence. I support, financially and otherwise, the Oregon Outdoor Council (OOC), the American Suppressor Association (ASA), the International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association (IMSA), and, obviously, OFF. I'm having serious doubts about the latter now.

I'm sure you did, thank you for the hard work and keep the story honest. Your efforts are much appreciated.

^ Ditto.

this is why i didnt send him an email until i heard the whole story. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top