Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

OFF Alert: Potential Body Armor Restrictions

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 1337BaldEagle, Aug 17, 2014.

1. 1337BaldEagle

1337BaldEagle Earth Active Member

Link to the bill

Hope we can kill this... or I may have to go buy some more now.

Eagle

2. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

These guys write new laws faster than I can save for my next purchase............

ZA_Survivalist and 1337BaldEagle like this.
  3. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Never mind the economy, jobs or our children's education, we need to spend on time worrying about body armor. These politician's need to stop watching cops and robbers shows on TV.

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Come and take it.

5. 1337BaldEagle

They won't have to. They will grandfather yours but will dry up current market by making it illegal. It's the same concept like as 1986, can't make any more full autos for civilian use, so product availability dries up.

6. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Text Released: Democrat-Sponsored Bill to Ban Body Armor
    By Nick Leghorn on August 25, 2014
    repmikehondafbistats.jpg
    A couple weeks back we reported on a bill introduced into the U.S. House of Representatives by California Democrat Mike Honda to ban the sale of body armor to “civilians” in the United States. At the time the full text of the bill hadn’t been released, but a couple days ago it was finally posted to Congress’s official website. And yes, it really is as bad as you’d expect . . .
    Continue Reading

1337BaldEagle likes this.
  7. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

But what about the chilllllldren? Under this asinine law ballistic shields will de outlawed. Didn't I read somewhere about bullet resistant white boards and backpacks?
    Is there really a big scourge of criminals all armored up robbing quick-e-marts?
    Why can't I be bullet proof if I want? Who is this guy to tell me I can't over protect myself if I want to!?!?
    Next thing they'll be telling me to take off my gas mask!
    And that's not sarcasm

bellarum likes this.
  8. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

They have plans, why else would they propose this bill.

9. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

How can they prove whats been purchased before the ban?
    Its illegal to not grandfather something in.

What about our steel targets and plate carriers?
    Both are legal alone, but combined?
    I hear Australia is like that.
    (Yes I have cheap "budget" armor :))

Anyhow.. This makes no sense to me.. What major crimes have occurred where this should even be an issue?.. Unless they know something is coming. :eek:

10. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Will Obama's friends J-Z and Beyoncé and the rest of his celebrity pals still be allowed Bullet Proof glass in their limos?

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  11. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

And there will be almost nothing stopping someone from making their own steel plate armor - unless they also ban the private sale of certain grades of steel. Are they also going to ban polycarbonate cutting boards?

12. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

We?
    Join NCISS, they fight ridiculous legislation which will harm the security and investigative fields:
    http://www.nciss.org/

13. 1337BaldEagle

Na, I'm not in the business of security. Even then I feel there are a fair amount of individuals here who care about this here. So, "we" will do. That is not to say that "we" alone could stop this.

Eagle

14. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

You wont really need cutting boards once they ban knives. I think background checks and a 10 day waiting period are totally reasonable for anything over 20 ga steel. Just think of the resisting you could do with that.

15. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Hey now, I hope thats sarcasm.

16. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

:) while Im thinking of it, motorcycle helmets should be permanently attached to the motorcycle. Just think of how tired a police officer is going to get stopping you from resisting if you have a helmet on too.

I'd ban Faraday cages as well. Tazers would be rendered useless to those in faraday cages!!!

Actually, leather coats are pretty thick. Just think of the mayhem someone could cause wearing leather. It was a chief type of armor in the past and any armor is going to make those police exhausted keeping you from resisting

ZA_Survivalist likes this.