JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
another rank and file feel good law that does nothing.

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/mcminnville-bans-loaded-carry

Of course this only has an effect on non CHL holders. Guess that's a way to circumvent the ban on stop and frisk....

Oh he has a gun, he must be breaking the law. Let's stop him and detain him.

I will be writing to the city council to show my disapproval as a person who travels through that town a few times a month visiting friends. Not going to spend a dime in that town anymore.

CHL holders are not affected and non chl holders can open carry if unloaded, and police have no authority to determine if guns are loaded or not. So really, what was the point?

It seems McMinnville is hoping to become the new "go to" location for open carry protesters.

McMinnville Bans Loaded Carry

On Tuesday, with very little fanfare or attention, the City Council of McMinnville unanimously passed a pointless and unenforceable ban on loaded carry.

In an email to OFF, the McMinnville City Attorney said "We discussed that our police officers could not walk up to someone openly carrying and demand that they show whether the gun was loaded or not unless there were (sic) probable cause. We discussed that, if someone wanted to, s/he could simply keep walking and not engage with an officer at all."

She also said "While I would not say there's been an "issue" with people carrying in our parks, I would say that the incidents are increasing and that interest in the subject is increasing."

CHL holders are not affected and non chl holders can open carry if unloaded, and police have no authority to determine if guns are loaded or not. So really, what was the point?

It seems McMinnville is hoping to become the new "go to" location for open carry protesters.

Contact info for the City Council can be found <broken link removed> or see the webpage version of this alert.:eek:

So what. Carry concealed and keep every bad guy wondering.
so what? how many more "so whats" are we supposed to put up with? im not a big open carry fan but this law does nothing to affect crime it only turns lawful citizens into either criminals or victims. Why would you support a gun control law just because it doesnt affect how you do things personally?

So what. Carry concealed and keep every bad guy wondering.

so what?

how much time has Salem, county, & city politicians spent on laws, regulation, etc, concerning gun regulation that will do "nothing"? There are much larger items on the horizon and our elected politicians will not consider the consequences of kicking the can down the road.

The Cascadia Subduction Zone is tops on the list. Orygun has a 50 year resilience plan, but our politicians ignore funding/planning. This event will effect all that live in the PNW and it is "not" on our elected politician's radar. Bloomberg's money has corrupted all that it has touched.

Foreverlost,

so what? how many more "so whats" are we supposed to put up with? im not a big open carry fan but this law does nothing to affect crime it only turns lawful citizens into either criminals or victims. Why would you support a gun control law just because it doesnt affect how you do things personally?

The number of "so whats" mean nothing to me, that is why they are "so what."

It seems many who support 2A wants to feel slighted and offended by what these clueless people do in their town. I have my own opinions on open carry, but when I say "so what" I mean it as "I don't care." I don't care what some clueless bureaucrat does in a town that I rarely drive through and visit. If their leaders want to do pointless work and make unenforceable laws; so be it.

It doesn't move the needle on my give-a-shizznitt meter. I will still be carrying, and not caring one bit what their opinion of me is.

Contact your congressman and tell him you want full legislative preemption. City council members should have NO authority over your federal and state protected rights.

anyone in McMinville that was open carrying & has them so bent about it .....

should continue to open carry with a LOADED mag in one hand IN PLAIN SIGHT AT ALL TIMES....show them just how retarded this law is

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top