JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's support our Deschutes County citizens

From Oregon Firearms Federation:

In the long and very successful battle for our rights, we have watched county after county stand with the citizens and make strong public statements defending our Second Amendment rights. There have been a few curious hold outs. Obviously Lane County is one of them. But even stranger is Deschutes County. Although many county residents have been working to get Deschutes to stand alongside them, the county chair has decided that he'd prefer to dodge, weave, and stall.

<broken link removed> , elected with the votes and financial support of gun owners who believed he would help protect them, has decided he wants nothing to do with a real stand. His recent statement to activists in his county:

tony_debone_-_county_commissioner.jpg

"We have directed staff to research any bills that involve firearms and the second amendment in Oregon's current legislative session. When there is a specific bill number then we may take a position in support or opposition."

OFF suggested letter:

Chair DeBone,

I am shocked that you have chosen to ignore the people who elected you and that you refuse to take a stand for the Second Amendment rights of the people of Deschutes County.Most counties have had the courage to step up. Even Clackamas County, with parts of Portland in it, took a stand.Your position of waiting for a bill to be introduced that will attack our rights plays directly into the hands of the gun grabbers. You know this legislation has been promised. Stop playing games.Introduce a strong pro-gun ordinance immediately.

Yours,

==========================================================================

I switched my letter up a bit and sent it this am:

Chair DeBone,
Tony, as a resident of Multnomah County I am disturbed that you have chosen to ignore the people who elected you and that you refuse to take a stand for the Second Amendment rights of the people of Deschutes County.

Americans, Oregonians and those in your County need a MAN to stand firm for the plain language of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. When I read words as quoted below, it gives me the impression that the writer is on the fence. When one is on the fence it usually means they are waiting to see which favorable wind blows their way, and when it does, they will take the path of least resistance which favors them and provides them the most personal and political gain. Words such as those give the impression the author is seeking higher office and not wanting to ruffle the feathers of those who he may need to embrace in the future.

Sir, the future is now, and I along with others request that you take a stand and do the right thing. It is true that the right thing is often the hardest thing, but when we do the right thing, blessing follows even though we may not see it presently.

Most counties have had the courage to step up. Even Clackamas County, with parts of Portland in it, took a stand. Your position of waiting for a bill to be introduced that will attack our rights plays directly into the hands of the gun grabbers. You know this legislation has been promised. Stop playing games.

Please stand up, be the MAN and introduce a strong pro-gun ordinance immediately and watch Oregonians rally behind you.

Thank you,

Re:

"We have directed staff to research any bills that involve firearms and the second amendment in Oregon's current legislative session. When there is a specific bill number then we may take a position in support or opposition."

When you write, please make sure you personalize your message like 308 did - identical messages tend to be ignored and all counted effectively as 1

Yup, and it is MORE effective when you also mail them hand written letters! Send those emails, make those phone calls, and mail those letters. It is 100% worth the investment.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top