1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

OFADAN and the Oregon firearms academy are above and beyond.

Discussion in 'Archived - Oregon Firearms Academy' started by vtzach88, Sep 30, 2012.

1. vtzach88

vtzach88 East Linn County New Member

I wanted to take a moment to tell you of my experience with Dan and the Oregon Firearms Academy. I took the Basic handgun safety 4 years ago and the class itself was above and beyond. But that wasn't was impressed me the most. Being only 20 at the time there was concern weather I was able to transport a handgun since I could not purchase it, before that was cleared up I had multiple conversations on the phone with Dan before the class and he was so willing to make sure that I was able to take the class and learn the nessesary skills of handgun safety Dan offered his personal sidearm for me to use during the class. The was above and beyond what you would expect at any other concealed handgun class. I have recommended the OFA to anyone with an interest in learning about firearms and will continue to do so.

2. NiceAsh

NiceAsh Salem Active Member

3. phidelt208

phidelt208 Springfield, OR Active Member

I have to give two thumbs up for OFA, I've been to there Carbine and DH1 class, they keep it safe, fun, and REAL.
    Swat or military training you should look elsewhere, like the police force, or enlist.
    If you’re looking for training that you might use in your everyday life to save yourself or your family, this is it.
  4. Ipe

Ipe Portland, Oregon New Member

I wanted to echo phidelt's comments, as we have been in a couple of classes together. I've taken DH1 and DH2 at OFA, as well as several classes at the Clackamas PSTC. They are different schools with different focus, although much of the lessons overlap and complement one another.

The staff at OFA have been very professional, as well as personally helpful. They have gone out of the way to ensure that my experiences there have been positive.

I hope to take DH3 and a carbine course or two in the future, along with complementary training at other schools.