JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to take a defensive offal course this fall. It looks like both Oregon Firearm Academy and Defensive Firearm Instruction are options in Oregon.

Does anyone recommend one of these classes over another? They both seem to be pretty reputible.

Id love to hear from someone who has trained with both groups.

Thanks!

I have been to OFA and I don't know a thing about DFI. I have taken OFA basic class after I already had my CHL as I wanted to continue my training. I have also taken their DH1 (twice) , DH2 w/ low light (freezing rain/sleet) , 2 day Glock class and most recently Defensive Carbine 1 (100 degrees). I can not say enough good things about the guys and girls at OFA. They are very professional. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking to further their firearms training.

Last Edited:
I have also trained at OFA with handguns, carbines and shotguns and cannot say enough about the classes and instructors. I always have a desire to know why things are taught a certain way and they always answer my questions and more. Safety is their #1 priority and it shows in all of their classes. Every class is a learning experience and the instructors are top notch. I would also recommend them for all your training needs.

Another excellent option you may wish to consider is Firearms Academy Seattle. Run by Marty and Gila Hayes. The are also 2 hours north of Portland (just east of Chehalis). Very good value in training. I'll be spending 5 days there next week going through an Instructor Development class taught by Massad Ayoob.
https://firearmsacademy.com/

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads