JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What wet weather are you guys referring too?

"We ain't training, lest its raining!"

puddle.jpg
At times we had rain at Biblical proportions!

puddle2.jpg
No whining, no sniveling, no complaints, no excuses...just training hard!

joe.jpg
L'll Joe "Piano Man" modeling to a student how to conduct a Tactical Reload from behind protective cover

ready.jpg
Terry, Annette and Gabe all working the right side of the firing line. Students in compressed ready & conducting their "After Action" responses after a simulated defensive shooting while waiting for "help" to arrive!

joe2.jpg
Joe conducting a demostration of how to set up a simulated malfunction and then how to clear a Phase One Malfunction.

class.jpg
In spite of the weather, conditions, and fatigue...14 Golds, 7 Silvers, 0 Bronze Qualification Scores with only one attempt. Nice job team!

OFA staff wearing Red Shirts on left side of photo from Left to Right
Front Row - Gabe, Terry, Joe
Back Row - Annette
Not Shown - Big Dave (Where are you Dave?) & Dan (someone's got to take the picture!)

Really apprecate the great attitude and warrior's spirit in class!

Hey Guys, I was there too on 10/17. Had a great time even in the rain! Really glad that I took this class and look forward taking more classes in the future. This was a great eye opener for training styles, drawing from concealment and insight on how to handle real life scenarios from an administrative point.

Thanks to the staff from OFA and TCGC for allowing the training to take place there. I would really like to see more OFA classes at TCGC in the future.

By the way, does anyone know what type of IWB holsters Gabe was using?

-pdx
(the bearded long hair)

By the way, does anyone know what type of IWB holsters Gabe was using?

I think I saw a lot of Blade Tech or similar brand IWB's on the instructors hips.

I'll have to look. I'm pretty sure Gabe's were leather, but I didn't get that good of a look and I forgot to ask. Not sure that blade-tech makes leather ones.

Least the belt loops were leather.

I was wearing Blade-Tech IWBs. The attachment loops are rubber, but they are wrapped in black duct tape to keep them from getting torn up during certain handgun manipulations.

Glad you guys enjoyed the class!

Gabe

Hey Gabe,

Thanks for the info! I currently have a Comptac C-tac IWB. Looks like the blade-techs may take up less room in the waistband and be easier to install/remove. Will have to check these out.

-pdx

It was great to meet everybody and see individual skills progress throughout the day!

I was using a Sidearmor IWB w/15degree belt loops. I also use Kramer & Milt Sparks IWB's. I personally prefer IWB carry. I sold my CompTac CTAC because it didn't work FOR ME. I am pretty sure all OFA staff prefers belt loop attachments for IWB. For OWB alot of the OFA Staff use the Blackhawk Serpa.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

"When you train in the rain there's so much to gain"!!

-Zippo Joe

That was a great day. Are there plans for Defensive Handgun II?

There are a number of courses we can deliver at TCGC but it is highly unlikely we'll do a DH2 as we have all the resources we need to present that class more effectively at OFA.

In DH2 we start running you through the Adjudicator for both live fire building clearing training using semi-animated threats/non-threats and also Force-on-Force scenario based simulations. Also at OFA every student will have their own animated threat to train with and have access to engage electronic lateral moving threats/non-threats which we'll not be able to replicate at TCGC. Also we'll introduce fighting from the ground which it is unlikely anyone is going to want to roll around in the deep water puddles which we don't have at OFA.

In DH2 we'll do a short lecture/demo on defending oneself inside an enclosed structure and it is best to do that at the OFA classroom where we can demo specific skills.

All these drills are best done at OFA - our facility is totally dedicated to our courses and not used for anything else and it is specifically designed for delivering DH2 and other upper level courses.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top