JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got back from my DH1 class today. Best class I have ever taken. The quality of training and the profesionalism of the I instructors is second to none. Best money I ever spent. Thanks again guys

Andy

I bet, but I think I am going take DH1 again. So much new info I had a hard time processing it all. I want to feel competent in all the skill sets they showed me before I move on.

I bet, but I think I am going take DH1 again. So much new info I had a hard time processing it all. I want to feel competent in all the skill sets they showed me before I move on.
:D That sounds familiar. I know of folks who take DH1 yearly. Sometimes they might try something different (shooting weak hand the whole class, use a pocket holster, etc.). Great class.

I just finished the DH1 class last week as well. Not sure if I saw you there or not. I like to take DH2 because I think I would like to learn some more tactics with my S&W M&P 45. However, when I go on to training with my S&W 629 44 mag revolver and my S&W 442 pocket snubby , I will want to start all over. While I am at it, I reallly want to take the courses relating to tactical/defensive use of AR-15 rifle.

I just don't have enough money right now for ammo/course fee/gas to take another course soon. Really sucks. :(

+1 for DG1 at Oregon Firearms Academy. I was in that same DH1 Class with Andy, and second all he said. A real eye-opener for me. Went in thinking I knew most of what I needed to know about shooting; and learned a lot about what I didn't know. Excellent instruction by professionals. I'm with Andy about maybe taking DH1 again in a year as a refresher; but the class that really intrigues me is the Low Light class shooting in low light with and without a flashlight and in darkness. BTW I shot gold on my second try, missed by 1 on first try, and am still beaming about it. Throwing in one-handed and off-handed shots makes it a lot tougher, I never practiced off-handed before.

+2 I'm also a little sore....but well worth it. I'd strongly recommend everyone who has a CHL take the DH1 class thru OFA.

The OFA team is very knowledgable and extremely friendly. I learned a lot and now have a solid basis of knowledge to develop.

Dan, you and your team were great. One recommendation....don't order the wet weather for the next class...ha ha ha ha

It was a great class yesterday. There were about 21 in the class and 7 or 8 instructors so we you got lots of personal instruction. all the instructors were professional and courteous. I will Definitely be taking more class from OFA in the future, after I get in some more practice.

A big thank you to Dan and all of the staff at OFA

I actually thought the wet weather was a blessing. We don't usually choose to train in foul weather. Since we can't pick when we may have to use our trianing, and it's unlikely it'll be under ideal circumstances, it's good to be forced to do a little training in some incliment weather. Is was very good practice trying to draw from my IWB holster under a t-shirt, light jacket, and raincoat. Especially so as we're heading into that season now and will likely be dressed like that till May or June.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top