JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took two pistols to the range today to tweak the sights and just get more familiar with them. Both are relatively new to me. The mouse gun is a Ruger LC9s, and the rat gun is a Remington R1 Enhanced .45ACP.

After I got the rear sights adjusted on both I did some experimenting, firing each from a bench rest, then from a teacup combat stance, then one handed, then point and shoot one handed. I burned up a lot of ammo, but I know a lot more now about each gun.

I now know which one I want for home defense. At 30 feet I can shoot about a 12" group with one hand, no sights, point and shoot with the R1. With one hand using sights it's about a 5" group. With a two-hand combat stance and sights it is about 3". With a bench rest 1".

With the LC9s it is 24", 12", 5", and 3". So the mouse gun with light weight, lousy trigger, and small size is for carry only, where I'm likely to be shooting less than 20 feet. The rat gun is for home defense, where its fabulous trigger, adequate size, and substantial weight are positive factors.

Thoughts?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads