JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"But we're looking at what's best for Oregon as a whole."

Collectivism - the old refrain, do what's best for the whole.

FWIW - it isn't just about tax revenues being down, it is also the federal subsidies which were cut dramatically. I have it on good authority that in the capitol (Salem) there were a whole lot of really high level discussions on what to do because of the big cuts in federal funds.

"But we're looking at what's best for Oregon as a whole."

Collectivism - the old refrain, do what's best for the whole.

FWIW - it isn't just about tax revenues being down, it is also the federal subsidies which were cut dramatically. I have it on good authority that in the capitol (Salem) there were a whole lot of really high level discussions on what to do because of the big cuts in federal funds.

How bout starting with a balanced budget amendment to the state constitution - "thou shalt not spend more than thy collecteth in taxes" and refocus spending priorities on basic services - infrastructure, public safety, education - get rid of all the special pork projects and wasteful spending... I know it's a dream. Instead its far easier to bleed the tax payers dry.

No reason whatsoever to track people via GPS.

Yes, there is. The mileage tax is only the first step. What really has them all hot and bothered is the opportunity to do a little social engineering. Once the GPS unit are in all cars they can implement "Congestion Pricing" which has been a wet dream for the progressives for a long time. It'll cost you double or triple for every mile you drive during commute times and another surcharge if you drive in downtown Portland. They might even let you use the HOV lanes without being a qualified car pool if you are willing to pay an extra dollar per mile. Welcome to our progressive future.

Yes, there is. The mileage tax is only the first step. What really has them all hot and bothered is the opportunity to do a little social engineering. Once the GPS unit are in all cars they can implement "Congestion Pricing" which has been a wet dream for the progressives for a long time. It'll cost you double or triple for every mile you drive during commute times and another surcharge if you drive in downtown Portland. They might even let you use the HOV lanes without being a qualified car pool if you are willing to pay an extra dollar per mile. Welcome to our progressive future.

Awe, you mean like they do in London already. Yeah, the American liberals are a bit behind their eurotrash counterparts when it comes to raping the driving public and coming up with crazy ways to tax you.

More taxes and control. That's the name of the game with the current state administration. Mileage tax, just a foot in the door for more to come later.

They can just snap a photo of your license plate and send you the bill. I just got a toll bridge billing for driving from Seattle to Bellview across that bridge (across Lake Washington?) two weeks ago.

It said it was a toll bridge and I saw no toll booths anywhere, I just figured it wasn't set up yet as everything looked like it just got completed... Huh.

So they can set the rates for specific times and locations WITHOUT GPS on your car.

MuMetal as a signal block ?
Photo shield on your plates that folds down when needed ??
Gimmicks and gadgets work both ways.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads