JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gee, a Commie gets elected Govenator and he lays down the Carbon Tax!
th?id=HN.607988179122589030&pid=15.1&P=0

It's aimed to target all journey/service men and women. Which is effing funny because that cost will be passed onto the consumer.

Seriously.. If they try this a case will be out before te Supreme Court and one "Right to travel" will become an issue.

Once a tax is implemented it will never cease and will always continue to grow in cost.

They try this state wide and I bet you'd see a whole lot more violence against our state government. Not making threats, it's just what's going to happen.

There are already use taxes on fuel and tires. If expenditures are exceeding revenue then they need to increase the appropriate fees. If electric cars, are the issue, then levy an appropriate road use tax on those. No reason whatsoever to track people via GPS.

If any of you have checked into the insurance company tracking devices, you know that they only work on some newer models. You need to purchase additional devices and pay for a service if your vehicle doesn't have the capability. I suspect it would be the same for government required devices.

Did not read yet, but most likely target long haul truckers whom most already have a gps in their rig.

P.S. you could never mount one in mine, I don't even pay the DEQ fraud scheme. Pre-74!

No, there's already a weight mile tax on trucks in Oregon. This is a mileage tax on the citizenry as a whole. They are starting a pilot program to test implementation, but the law has been passed already and goes into effect in June or July next year - somehow this crap snuck through the legislature without much press or public input.

The bastards berate people and demand we drive higher milage vehicles, then whine when the Prius and Leaf crowd aren't "paying their fair share" - what's more retarded is that they are proposing to refund your gas tax with the mileage tax, and if you drive a rig that gets less than about 20mpg and don't drive much, - you come out ahead. If you do drive a high mileage vehicle - you wind up paying more tax than you would under the current system. :confused:

They can't fix ODOT - which is a mess of bureaucracy and wasted spending - that would make too much sense. The legislature and the executive branch can't come up with a balanced budget that spends less than they take in, they can't prioritize spending to actually address priority issues. They don't listen to the voters. They have an agenda and by God it will be implemented, voters and tax payers be damned.

How many times have we shot down sales tax in Oregon, but it comes up every time some politician flaps their gums about "tax reform" - because they aren't getting enough of our money. Look at the driver license for illegals BS - the people said no, the legislature did it anyway, and now hopefully we will shoot it down again. But that's an issue that won't be dead either - some other asshat politician will try to sneak it through again.

It seems like a constant fight against a government which is theoretically subservient to the people - but we never learn. We keep electing the same kind of windbags and tax & spend politicians that won't be happy until they have 100% of your income, plus your body when it's dead so they can find a way to monetize that.

They've been working on this tax by the mile idea since Kitzy's 2nd term - remember his protege Teddy? HE wanted to put GPS is your car 10 years ago.

I don't think they'll get a GPS tracking system for your car yet - I have a feeling the program will start like it does with trucks - a huge pile of paperwork that must be filled out and maintained, thus meaning more overpaid government jobs to deal with all the paperwork. They couldn't even do a simple system where once a year you drive your vehicle to the DMV or DEQ and have the mileage recorded. Of course the argument would be "but I don't drive only in oregon" - which is how they WILL get GPS in your car eventually.

Roll over, lube up, and try not to strugge, the government is here to help after all...o_O

When all drivers leave the state and all that's left are the tri-met riders and bicyclists; think of the utopia they will have created for themselves. Everyone's prices will go up to compensate and the economy will tank. Oregon will just have to start requiring bicycle registration, insurance, traffic law enforcement, and a mileage tax! Odot already has a 4 man crew, 2 trucks, and a flagger to fix a pot hole; they can suck it!

I remember a few years back, some smart guy was trying to implement a "Pay at the Pump" .03 cent tax per gallon that would insure any car, with a no fault insurance policy.
It was a way to eliminate vehicles on the states roads with no insurance and to eliminate the "Uninsured motorist premium that the insurance companies charge you.
The more you drive, the more you contributed to the fund.
The insurance companies shot it down in a heart beat.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top