JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As normal as people do now, I walk into the local Bass Pro and not expect to buy anything or much. Lately it's the spring loaded pea shooter from Daisy these days and that's at least got ammo for it! Now aside from the odd shotgun ammo in 28 ga, I haven't seen the ammo cart out for weeks. It's gone sad now that even the blank shelves are being filled with non ammo items like lock boxes or gun cases. Anything to fill a space. I guess desperate times, desperate measures? But that's a little more dramatic. Looks like this is a long haul for sure, people just simply don't think they have enough.

As long as people keep paying scalper prices for secondhand ammo, the store shelves will remain barren.
Not just that. Went to Sportsmans early yesterday to buy camping gear. Thinking if we got there early it would be dead. Nope, about 15 people already there. Apparently they had 9mm, at $40 a box.

So even big box stores are selling the stuff for higher prices.

As long as people keep paying scalper prices for secondhand ammo, the store shelves will remain barren.
Even when the price of ammo is this high being sold by folks here too. Not knocking anyone but I can't say this is productive when they buy it somewhere and sell it here for double.

This ammo shortage is magnitudes worse than 2008. I refuse to believe it has so much to do with "new shooters". New shooters barely know where to buy a bottle of Hoppes. Yes, some of it is scalpers & hoarders but I think somewhere upstream the gov't is buying up a lot of ammo... Last time I was at the range some agency (not police) was banging away on the steel plates for hours. Thousands of rounds of 9mm brass everywhere. I know those people were not waiting in line at Big 5 to get their allotment of 2 boxes.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads