JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
buddy brought his previously unfired Contender to the range yesterday....had this in his 'gonna use someday' pile, but discovered "An Issue" that temporarily disabled the rifle. As an otherwise Mfg of sterling quality, his very first round was stuck. Here's a New rifle single shot with New factory 6.5 round, that one might actually bet on the likelihood of being 'trouble free' and 'without Sin'.

Guess again:
IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

Last Edited:
I would check the specs on the ammo first as it's the easiest. Does he have an ammo checker?

There is and have been instances where ammunition is not to SAAMI specs and won't chamber.

6.5... what? Grendel? CM? I have an ammo checker for 6.5 Creedmoore but depending on local, could drop a few into the ammo checker to see.

I'd be interested if he has some better brass photos, may help identify if it's ammo or a burr in the chamber that held the brass. Some brass doesn't like to shrink too...

if it's ammo or a burr in the chamber that held the brass. Some brass doesn't like to shrink too...
good thoughts....take a closer look at the chamber photo....it's an actual divot in the chamber, causing the case to blow out into the flaw, effectively locking the brass IN the divot. Not an ammo issue. Strictly a chamber issue.....in a previously unfired rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top