JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking for some other odd-ball ammo recently, in a gun shop, and rummaged through a box of random cartridges. I've been doing this at gun shops and gun shows since the '80s, can't help myself from buying weird, interesting stuff.

I picked out these two just because they were unusual. It took me a little while to figure out exactly what they were. A .22 lr round is in the photo for size comparison. They're both civil-war era empties: a .56 Spencer rimfire, and a .50 Maynard. They're not worth much in this condition, but I thought it was interesting to find some obscure pieces of history like this.

IMG_1758[1].jpg

On a hike at the entrance there was about 25 empty little nitrous bottles similar to the pellet gun CO2 cartages and a bunch of shrimp tails . I assume someone was doing whippets and eating cocktail shrimp before their walk lol!

On a hike at the entrance there was about 25 empty little nitrous bottles similar to the pellet gun CO2 cartages and a bunch of shrimp tails . I assume someone was doing whippets and eating cocktail shrimp before their walk lol!
My bad oddball gun stuff I just caught the odd stuff ! I did have my CCW on me so technically counts kinda

Last Edited:
More like doing wippets and incorporating seafood into some wild sex act.

Very "Blue Velvet" behavior.

I was looking for some other odd-ball ammo recently, in a gun shop, and rummaged through a box of random cartridges. I've been doing this at gun shops and gun shows since the '80s, can't help myself from buying weird, interesting stuff.

I picked out these two just because they were unusual. It took me a little while to figure out exactly what they were. A .22 lr round is in the photo for size comparison. They're both civil-war era empties: a .56 Spencer rimfire, and a .50 Maynard. They're not worth much in this condition, but I thought it was interesting to find some obscure pieces of history like this.

View attachment 1073423
All three introduced at about the same time (22 Short that is). Timing was not everything in this case.

Long time ago I paid next to nothing for a box of dental tools because of a bunch of handy picks it contained. I through most of the other stuff out but kept this because it reminded me of a gun. :confused:

IMGP0154.JPG

A few years ago while metal detecting in an an area East of LaPine near Fort Rock found a piece of .33 Winchester brass.

The odd part was I was unaware of .33 Winchester and did some research on it and learned about it.

A few years later I became the owner of a box of 18 (minus two) !

IMG_1330.JPG

A few years ago while metal detecting in an an area East of LaPine near Fort Rock found a piece of .33 Winchester brass.

The odd part was I was unaware of .33 Winchester and did some research on it and learned about it.

A few years later I became the owner of a box of 18 (minus two) !

View attachment 1073715
I'm very sorry for all of the false hits of mine that you may have come across. I've spent a lot of time in that area over the last few decades.

Found a few more that are interesting.

The first is a 2mm rimfire. The giant cartridge next to it, too big to fit in the photo, is a .22 LR.

In the next two photos, left to right, are a .45acp from October 1913, an early .45 (long) Colt blank from the mid 1870s (inside primed, not rimfire), and an empty, Civil War era .44 Henry rimfire.

IMG_1808[1].jpg IMG_1811[1].jpg IMG_1813[1].jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads