JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was given a bunch of old ammo the other day and with it was four rounds of odd 30-30 ammo, specifically the bullets. They are basically a FMJ round nose hollow point. The headstamp is W-W Super. Anyone ever see these bullets before? I thought I have seen every bullet there is but this is a first.

That is what I initially thought but the 'holes' are perfectly concentric, centered and appear to be part of the process when the bullet was made. Also this appears to be factory ammo - you know, no ejector marks on the rim, smooth clean brass.

"Winchester-Western Super (W-W Super) is simply a brand name out of the past. I have quite a few of these and shoot them right along with other brands. They are simply a .30-30 Winchester case with the W-W Super headstamp, nothing more."

I've got a tool that trims the meplat to uniform shape and hollow points the bullet. It has a holder that centers the cutting tools on the bullet or a loaded round. Works good for eeking out the last bit of uniformity for long range target shooting.... Time consuming, and I have no idea why someone would spend $80 on that kind of tool for a 30-30 round. But it is possible to get them looking like factory hollowpoints with this tool...

I was given a bunch of old ammo the other day and with it was four rounds of odd 30-30 ammo, specifically the bullets. They are basically a FMJ round nose hollow point. The headstamp is W-W Super. Anyone ever see these bullets before? I thought I have seen every bullet there is but this is a first.
I have seen factory loaded 170 gr. hollowpoints that appear FMJ, but are shaped like a spire point, not a round nose.
I may still have one or two sitting around.
I'll take a look.

Dean

RVTech,

A thousand pardons for keeping you hanging for so long.
Yes, I've got a couple of rounds of the 170 gr. Winchester FMJ hollowpoints.
They're headstamped "Western", though.
Anyway, is this what you have?

Dean

DSCN2403.JPG

DSCN2407.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA