JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

OC'ers, do you carry a recording device for the possibility of police encounters?

• No

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
I have better things to do than mess with the paranoid constitutionalists that feel they need to educate the public by blatantly " exercising their rights " . I think it's hilarious when they go into a high traffic public place, set up their surveillance, and I drive right on by without giving them the attention they are craving. Don't you have anything better to do than post stuff on YouTube and fish for frivolous lawsuits. The idiots who do it in a high traffic area just to cause a public reaction are just sad. Anyone educated in the law knows it's legal to open carry in this state. Anyone too stupid to know the law I don't want open carrying. Stop educating the intelligent deficient.

Oh my! Who peed in your breakfast cereal this morning?

How does that stop you from being falsely accused of talking on your mobile? Just out of curiosity:)

Records everything in front of your car AND you/passengers/rear window-out - dual lenses. So when you are pulled over, you have video evidence that you were not talking on your phone, wearing your seat belt, even not speeding. Also records audio.

Linked to an included program it even maps out your GPS location and speed. Of course, time/date stamped also.

Might as well use technology to help yourself. The 'authorities' are using all sorts of technologies against you.

For OC'ers, they are many baseball cap cameras for under $75.00 also. Hi Def, audio, two hours, remote control.

Since our corpse economy does not innovate or manufacture anymore, you need to go to Asia for the best tech/deals. Arrives within a week, two at most. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hd-car-camc...tal_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item23198f1f73

Maybe im not getting something but doesnt it say that all participants in the conversation need to be specifically informed that the conversation is being obtained. So i understand that you need to inform them that the conversation is being recorded but do not need their consent.

[/COLOR]ORS 165.540 (c) Obtain or attempt to obtain the whole or any part of a conversation by means of any device, contrivance, machine or apparatus, whether electrical, mechanical, manual or otherwise, if not all participants in the conversation are specifically informed that their conversation is being obtained.[/QUOTE]

In Oregon you only need the consent of one person to record a conversation, which would be yourself.

There is no expectation of privacy in a public setting.

I have better things to do than mess with the paranoid constitutionalists that feel they need to educate the public by blatantly " exercising their rights " . I think it's hilarious when they go into a high traffic public place, set up their surveillance, and I drive right on by without giving them the attention they are craving. Don't you have anything better to do than post stuff on YouTube and fish for frivolous lawsuits. The idiots who do it in a high traffic area just to cause a public reaction are just sad. Anyone educated in the law knows it's legal to open carry in this state. Anyone too stupid to know the law I don't want open carrying. Stop educating the intelligent deficient.

This post makes me think of this guy!

mqdefault.jpg

Thanks for the encouraging words Trooper Farva.

I CC here in Portland, when I visit Wa I OC... last month I was in Seattle for 4 days, in the liberalist of areas OCing with my 4" kimber TLE in stainless, so the most "scary gun" besides a big ole revolver to most anti gun people... not one sour look or call.. I hate loading/unloading for the car rides though!
I am young and fit in to the "hip" crowd you could say so maybe they cared less than the camo'd out guys or biker look guys doing it... something about skinny jeans doest strike fear in anyones eyes.. :(

The consent thing is in case law, ie; court rulings. In Oregon, single party consent (yourself) only applies to telephonic recordings.

Recording an LEO is a bit tricky.

<broken link removed>

Its funny that some one who is there to "protect and serve" is so paranoid about being recorded doing his/her job. Thus is another reason I am very suspicious of most law enforcement personnel. Hopefully they will rectify this in the legislature soon. I'm paying your wages there for I should have the right to record you at any time! My boss records me at work.

You know what...I have OC'd for over 40 years and I have never, once, needed a recorder, ever. If you are not acting like a jack, there should never be a need.

As for recording a LEO doing his job, there are plenty of court rulings, contrary to written law that says you can't...it is 100% ok, but then the LEO is doing so too..

Recording an LEO is a bit tricky.

<broken link removed>

Its funny that some one who is there to "protect and serve" is so paranoid about being recorded doing his/her job. Thus is another reason I am very suspicious of most law enforcement personnel. Hopefully they will rectify this in the legislature soon. I'm paying your wages there for I should have the right to record you at any time! My boss records me at work.

Exactly. Relax officer. You haven't done anything wrong, right? I'm just going to have a quick look at your interaction with the public. You don't mind if I have a look, right? It's just a routine check. Be over in a minute.

Rosa Parks, get to the back of the bus, you are making people nervous.

With all I've been seeing and reading I do now. A phone in the front pocket does wonders. And to "Errackelo" What would you do?
I like seeing the folks mproud to OC post things on te web, yes they are doing it for attention but at least its proving a point, at least they are doing something. If we don't stand up to the local leo's and feds (who half the time DON'T know the law) then they'll walk all over us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top