JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How can you compare exercising a right to doing something criminal?

your failure to acknowledge the obvious parallel...

and insistance on citing the criminality of nudity in the United States...

as others have done....

does nothing to diminish the value of the example.

I could pick an equally trivial trespass that is not illegal...

and it wouldn't illustrate the point any more clearly...

which is:

There are times and places where it is appropriate to carry a firearm on your person unconcealed.

There are times and places where it will be inappropriate to carry your firearm, regardless of the law.

I would expect an adult to know the difference.

If anyone insists on carrying their firearm into every social situation without pause or reflection, they should not fool themselves that their actions "speak" for all gun owners. They do not. Carrying a firearm everywhere at all times is niether a cause nor a crucifix... it is simply an individual making poor choices and behaving poorly.

You are the individual making poor choices and behaving poorly at this time.

I'm tired of people like you stepping all over other gun owners because you're so much better. Because you don't "flaunt your gun", "rub it in peoples face", whatever whatever.

Effective or not, you have no right to play this holier-than-thou card. I hope you do not receive ANY support from a firearm community for any burdens that cross your path. You and your elitist kind can very gently shove off; you do nothing for the firearms community.

Would you care to see my Penis?

Just because our society is afraid to see a penis, doesn't mean there's something wrong with the person hanging out. That very mindset is what is causing nudists to only be on the defensive, which is causing us to lose all of our rights altogether.

I just feel more comfortable with my scrotum and penis out in the air.

Going against societal norms with no nefarious intent should not cause a reasonable person any concern. Nobody without the confidence should do it themselves. They definitely shouldn't berate the one who does though just because it doesn't fit in with their view of propriety.

:s0112: LOL, OMG speelyei, that is just the most fantastic spin on a nonsensical argument! Outstanding!

Actually it makes it the perfect argument as simply being nude (in Seattle at least) is neither considered nefarious nor criminal. It's true. Look it up.

I'll help you out.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/index.php?sid=105484&nid=11&page=3

If they want to let themselves hang out in public, then let them. If they don't get people familiar with such rights, it'd be taken away before they know it. If there isn't a law against it (In Seattle, at least), then good for them for exercising their rights!

Which is more than I can say for some gun owners.:s0155:

You are the individual making poor choices and behaving poorly at this time.

I'm tired of people like you stepping all over other gun owners because you're so much better. Because you don't "flaunt your gun", "rub it in peoples face", whatever whatever.

Effective or not, you have no right to play this holier-than-thou card. I hope you do not receive ANY support from a firearm community for any burdens that cross your path. You and your elitist kind can very gently shove off; you do nothing for the firearms community.

what are you talking about?
Do you know me?
Have I met you?
Who have I stepped on?
Can we not discuss this on a public forum without all the hostility?
why are you so angry at me?

I made my point in the best way I know how.... just like everybody else.

I stated my opinion, just like everybody else.

So I don't think it's responsible or appropriate to wear a f'n gun into Bi-Mart, so what?

Go ahead, imagine me how you will. An Obama loving Democrat white collar nerd sheep libtard. If it makes you feel better.

Me... an elitist! F'n classic! Good night ya'll.

PS, good point wakeadrian... I'd agree there's a time and place for OC, for sure.

Last Edited:
Why is that those who choose to go nude in public... shouldn't? Why is only the too old, wrinkly, fat, ugly, cottage cheese thighed, beer-bellied, out-of-control bodily haired ones that do it? Is it too much to ask for all the gorgeous people to excerise their right to public nudity, and only them to do it? I tell you, I spent $3,000 on Lasik surgery a few years back and I don't want that ruined!! :D

If anyone insists on carrying their firearm into every social situation without pause or reflection, they should not fool themselves that their actions "speak" for all gun owners. They do not. Carrying a firearm everywhere at all times is niether a cause nor a crucifix... it is simply an individual making poor choices and behaving poorly.

It is reasonable and acceptable that you need not agree with open carry or wish him to represent you. But I do accept the fact that he is exercising a legal right and I appreciate that he has drawn his own personal line in the sand and stood up for his rights.

I personally feel that I will benefit from his statement without having to be a test case myself nor ever have to be heard uttering the words "don't taze me bro" :s0155:

Actually it makes it the perfect argument as simply being nude (in Seattle at least) is neither considered nefarious nor criminal. It's true. Look it up.

I'll help you out.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/index.php?sid=105484&nid=11&page=3

Since this topic is about a department store open to the public rather than a beach where nudity is accepted, or an orgainized nude bike ride, the tangent he was reaching for isn't a very good analogy.

A jury couldn't find a person guilty of violation of a law that doesn't exist. In the public nudity instance they likely would.

I'll help you out:

RCW 9A.88.010

Indecent exposure.

(1) A person is guilty of indecent exposure if he or she intentionally makes any open and obscene exposure of his or her person or the person of another knowing that such conduct is likely to cause reasonable affront or alarm. The act of breastfeeding or expressing breast milk is not indecent exposure.

(2) Indecent exposure is a misdemeanor unless such person exposes himself or herself to a person under the age of fourteen years in which case indecent exposure is a gross misdemeanor on the first offense and, if such person has previously been convicted under this subsection or of a sex offense as defined in RCW 9.94A.030, then such person is guilty of a class C felony punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW.

[2001 c 88 § 2; 1990 c 3 § 904; 1987 c 277 § 1; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.88.010.]

NOTES:

Acknowledgment -- Declaration -- Findings -- 2001 c 88: See note following RCW 43.70.640.

Index, part headings not law -- Severability -- Effective dates -- Application -- 1990 c 3: See RCW 18.155.900 through 18.155.902.

By all means fellas, wear your gun to Church. At your job. Make sure everybody sees and feels the power you wield. No more proper place for a shoulder holster than an open casket funeral. Visiting Mom or Pop? Don't set that revolver on the coffee table, keep it on yor hip.

Clearly some of you guys are looking to turn Northwest Firearms into a "With Us or Against Us" environment. Good luck with that, those are always the best communities anyway.

Last Edited:
By all means fellas, wear your gun to Church. At your job. Make sure everybody sees and feels the power you wield. No more proper place for a shoulder holster than an open casket funeral. Visiting Mom or Pop? Don't set that revolver on the coffee table, keep it on yor hip.

"Accent the negative eliminate the positive", it's one on the gun banners biggest tools and I expect it from them, why one of our own (in theory) chooses to take this low road has me baffled.

Speelyei I respect your choice to choose not to open carry, I ask that you give us an Adult debate on why the OP or anyone that chooses to open carry should not. The above post is nothing more than name calling and is quite school yard.

Open carry at my parents would not even raise an eyebrow. :s0112:

Clearly some of you guys are looking to turn Northwest Firearms into a "With Us or Against Us" environment. Good luck with that, those are always the best communities anyway.

My personal goal is not with us or against us though I do personally take that line with my government representatives.

The positive thing about a good debate its that people can understand the issues and each others feeling on an issue better and many times common ground can be found. In case anyone hasn't noticed :D my big thing is "show me the proof". I want (for myself) more than statements and conjecture, I want to see the proof if for no other reason than to correct any ignorance on my part.

The positive thing about a good debate its that people can understand the issues and each others feeling on an issue better and many times common ground can be found. In case anyone hasn't noticed :D my big thing is "show me the proof". I want (for myself) more than statements and conjecture, I want to see the proof if for no other reason than to correct any ignorance on my part.

Look, there are times when I would choose to open carry. There is no point in writing an exhaustive list here, my reasons are my own. Basically, it would come down to a perception of threat (necessity), or an indulgence (baseless desire).

I do not view the daily practice of open carry as an effective way of proselytizing. I think it offends and turns more people off than it educates, and I think it would diminish my effectiveness as a gun rights proponent.

Clearly there are individuals here who feel that I am some sort of traitor to the "firearms community", whatever that means. I am displeased that they see me that way, but that's fine.

Look, there are times when I would choose to open carry. There is no point in writing an exhaustive list here, my reasons are my own. Basically, it would come down to a perception of threat (necessity), or an indulgence (baseless desire).

I do not view the daily practice of open carry as an effective way of proselytizing. I think it offends and turns more people off than it educates, and I think it would diminish my effectiveness as a gun rights proponent.

Clearly there are individuals here who feel that I am some sort of traitor to the "firearms community", whatever that means. I am displeased that they see me that way, but that's fine.

Just sitting down and discussing things in depth will work to everyone's advantage in the end. (for example) Instead of telling someone that they are doing something for a certain reason I feel it's better to ask them what their reason is and discuss the pros and cons from there,

I have been referred to by some here as a Republican puppet in spite of my centrist views because the topics discussed clearly involve Democrats so thus being against the current administration equals pro GOP in their eyes, the fact is if I can prove my point as being true my party affiliations are irrelevant, you are likely being judged by the same short sighted logic.

If I suspect someone is pro current administration or anti gunner I feel why not just ask them.

You Make It sound like That People who open carry are just out to Show off or boost their ego. That has nothing to do with why people open carry. as a matter of fact I doubt anyone who does OC Actually even thinks about it.. I believe Open Carry Is a persons personal choice, and if they choose to do so then its their business, its not illegal, but it is a law that not a lot of people are familiar with, sadly including some Law enforcement. If i were to see someone OCing I wouldn't think anything of it. Either their a cop or OCing, and if they look like a decent person then even better. I would OC a lot more if i was comfortable with it, but I'm still a little uncomfortable with it, even though I have only had one Negative response. I dont force my belief on anyone, but if you dont agree then that is your right. You dont need to put as all down and say were all just out to show off and make it look like were trying to be big bad asses. I dont pick on you for what religion you practice just because its not one i believe in. This is a thread to Tell how you View Open Carry, its not here to put others down and call them names because they dont view things the way you do. Just Because We dont See it how you do and actually stick up for our RIGHTS doesn't mean its a "With Us or Against Us" environment.

<snip>
Make sure everybody sees and feels the power you wield.
<snip>

Perpetuating the myth that owning a handgun is about power is far worse for firearms owners than anyone carrying any firearm anywhere. Anyone that does feel it is about power should do us, and themself, a favor and just stay away from firearms.

JAFO, please. From top to bottom, hunting to military, personal to political, it's all about power. Pretend it's not, if you like, but my guess is that you have a handgun or a rifle, and sleep better for it. The whole basis for the Second Amendment is power based.

Glockguy, what about you would make me feel good.... if I saw you in Bi-Mart with your gun on? How would I know just by looking that you are one of the good guys? Seriously, how would I know?
Is there something about you that would tell me to be at ease? To tell me that you had training, judgement, and a reason to have a firearm with you?
I would like you to tell me, and all of "us", why I should trust you to be carrying a firearm in your car, on your person, in a place of commerce, when I don't know you from Adam? In a place where almost everyone else is unarmed, why should I trust the only guy with a holster outside his pants?

At least a CC permit shows some training, a background check... open carry just shows that you somehow obtained a firearm and that you feel the need to wear it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top