JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
‘If I Had a F–king AK Right Now’: Occupy Portland Protesters Go Off On Violent, Obscenity-Laced Tirades After Being Denied Park Reentry
Posted on April 23, 2012 at 9:30pm by Becket Adams Print »Email »
Comments (129)After being been denied reentry into their most favorite park, Occupy Portland protesters decided to voice their frustration via obscenity-laced tirades about arming themselves with guns, spreading disease, and how police officers are little more than “slave catchers.”

From the YouTube video description:

Occupy Portland occufails to recapture the parks. Here is the footage of the police kicking them out, and the ensuing barrage of insults from the occupiers, including several racially charged comments and talk of guns. Also mentioned is a smattering of health risks associated with Occupy.

[Caution – extremely coarse language]:

But perhaps the most disturbing moment of the video [take your pick, really] is when a few Occupiers can be heard having the following conversation:

Occupier #1: We have to leave because you have guns…If I had a f–king AK right now…
[...]
Occupier #2: I have a solution dude, let’s go get guns.

Occupier #3: Yeah, right.

Occupier #2: I’m just joking, I’m just joking.

Occupier #3: Yeah, you know as soon as you put that up, they’ll be like, “Oh, violent occupiers!” Even thought the f–cking right-wing is the most violent…[inaudible].

“Yes, spring is in the air, and unfortunately along with it a return of all the horrors of the occupy movement,” writes Morgen Richmond for Hot Air, noting the increase in violent rhetoric from the Occupy movement.

Indeed, although the one Occupier in the video claims he’s “joking,” there has been a disturbing increase in calls for violence from certain Occupy organizers. For instance, via OccupyMay1st.org (an Occupier communication hub) there’s this:

Title: “rainbowunicorncopkillwsa.” Cute.

And then there’s this, via Ignite (pdf), the “official” anarchist newspaper in Denver:

On the night of Feb. 20th in Denver, a “young man” described as white or Hispanic and dressed in “a hoodie with patches” was approached by police swine for alleged “suspicious activity” on 17th and Julian. The youth, evidently not the type to take any bubblegum, pulled a pistol, fired a single shot that missed the cop, and fled on foot successfully. No suspect has been apprehended at time of press. The local anarchist community upon learning the news breathed a sigh of relief at the lack of arrests and collectively said “too bad they f–king missed.”

“Makes you wonder why a mainstream progressive activist like Van Jones would throw his support behind such a movement. Hmmm,” Richmond writes.

“It’s going to be a long summer.”

This article
<broken link removed>

Occupy Protesters Planning to Storm Shareholder Meetings
Posted on April 19, 2012 at 5:40pm by Mytheos Holt Print »Email »
Comments (93)The Occupy movement's infamously thorny relationship with business is about to get even more problematic. Reuters reports that the Occupiers have decided to target a new area of business for their disruptive brand of anti-corporate activism. Namely, they plan to protest shareholder meetings between stockholders and the CEOs of major companies, including Wells Fargo, General Electric, Verizon and Walmart. At the very least this decision marks them as willing to target bipartisan enemies &#8211; Verizon has a chummy relationship with the White House, and General Electric is renowned for being cozy with President Obama.

Even so, Occupy's attack is more than a little odd, given their generally advertised feelings of contempt for corporate unaccountability. Shareholder meetings are one of the few places where every day people who own stock in a company can get answers, and having that process disrupted by protesters could interfere with the one area of accountability that still remains. Nevertheless, the group is pushing forward, as the Reuters story notes:

Organizers say they expect hundreds of protesters to target a broad range of issues from foreclosures to financing of "dirty energy" to immigrant rights to corporate taxes. The group says it will try to stop the Wells Fargo meeting from being held and force the company to hold a public "stakeholders meeting" outside.[...]

Wells Fargo spokesman Ancel Martinez said the bank respects the rights of Americans to assemble peacefully and welcomes a dialogue with its stakeholders. "We will be prepared to ensure the annual meeting runs smoothly," he said.[...]

The protests are expected to draw a mix of labor union members, environmentalists, customers and clergy members. On the target list are General Electric Co, Verizon Communications Inc, Bank of America Corp, Morgan Stanley, Sallie Mae and Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

In this country we have the right to assemble ( protest ) and the first amendment. I am not a occupier - i am to busy working but I support the right to protest and speak freely. You dont? Also in my opinion until they go get guns and even then until they use them illegally they have that right as well. I see nothing wrong with it.

James Ruby

They do not have a right to camp for extended periods in public parks.

They do not have a right to defecate on everything they see or otherwise destroy public property.

They do not have a right to steal or deny the public use of public property.

They do not have the right to abuse drugs in public, fornicate in public or drink in public.

They don't have quite a few of the rights they think they do.

They have every right to complain, I lose interest when they all demand "free" college, healthcare, housing, feeding, transportation and clothing.

Like all Americans,they have the right to sit the bong down, go find a job and pay their way through life.

And the nutjobs who affiliate themselves with the Tea Party aren't just as bad?

Both sides have extremists who care more about "rocking the boat" than actually trying to get the message out. Especially here in Portland where there are the groups of dedicated "anarchists" who only care about causing destruction and hassling the police. The Occupy movement in Portland disowned them just as the Tea Party disowned the racist idiots who were starting to infiltrate it.

Sadly, it's the extremists who are generally disowned who get all the press, though.

I attended a few Occupy rallies. I was armed. I wasn't about to shoot the police, in fact, I made every effort possible to AVOID police encounters. (To the point of leaving the rally at the first sign that the anarchists had shown up and were going to disrupt everything - like they do at *EVERY* protest/rally in Portland about ANYTHING.)

In this country we have the right to assemble ( protest ) and the first amendment. I am not a occupier - i am to busy working but I support the right to protest and speak freely. You dont? Also in my opinion until they go get guns and even then until they use them illegally they have that right as well. I see nothing wrong with it.

James Ruby
Jack
Who are you addressing, the video? The Rueters story? The OWS flyer?

OWS crowd are their own worst enemies

Not really. Infiltrators (cops/spooks put there to start trouble; give a reason for violent crackdowns), the banker fully-controlled and manipulated TV/radio/MS media, and American's ignorance of what the banking elite are doing (have done, they won) to us as the real enemies of this nation are their 'worst enemies.'

OK. So because AK's were mentioned, this entirely OWS political thread is now gun related. Nice try guys. If they to bring guns to the protest and issues ensue, please feel free to open another thread. Until that time, thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top