JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Wow whiskeybill, I think you need to put the bottle down, sober up and see what is really going on here rather than just spewing bubblegum out past the stale scent of your 5 am booze shots!

Sam wasted his golden opportunity. These occupiers are spoiled brats that have never had a day of discipline or suffered consequences for their actions in their worthless lives. How does a child get away with this? Authority figures such as parents, teachers, government officials who tell you there will be consequences for a certain action, then do not follow up on it. Sam gave out a "Deadline", then broke it. Next time they put out that deadline, it too will be ignored. Bad behavior is reinforced. Behavior is going to be more violent next time. Look at Oakland. Yesterday was their second "deadline" for the occupiers. Have you seen the mayor of Oakland? What a tool. A social twin of Sam Adams. He is making one **** of a mess, and he's not running for re-election. Go figure.
Where do you get such an understanding of the people behind the movement? How much time did you spend with them? From what I was hearing from both police and political figures that met with the spokesmen of the movement, they were educated and thoughtful people trying to make a valid point.

Wow whiskeybill, I think you need to put the bottle down, sober up and see what is really going on here rather than just spewing bubblegum out past the stale scent of your 5 am booze shots!

Some people prefer to believe what the corporate mouthpieces spoonfeed them. Sadly, there are a bunch of lazy people, but it is not the occupy organizers. It is the lazy citizenry that will just sit back and believe what they are told with no real information or reference. They do not even bother to think to themselves "does the messenger have an agenda?" They just accept the information whole heartedly because it feeds their preconceived notions.

my wife works at the county. the trash cans are full of needles on a daily basis (im not talking one or two, im talking bags full, so its not a couple bad seeds) and the police have had to respond to 5 heroin overdoses and found 10k worth the stolen property, educated and thoughtful. i think not...

my wife works at the county. the trash cans are full of needles on a daily basis (im not talking one or two, im talking bags full, so its not a couple bad seeds) and the police have had to respond to 5 heroin overdoses and found 10k worth the stolen property, educated and thoughtful. i think not...
Sorry, that is total garbage. A friend of mine works with public health and has been working closely with the city during the occupation. Trash cans full of needles is not happening. Plus, medical professionals responds to heroin overdoses daily in every part of the city and 35K worth of stolen stuff was found in a garage in one neighborhood over from me a few weeks ago. Does that make the people in that neighborhood thieves and everyone in the city heroin junkies? Your train of logic is astounding.

By failing to take any action against the Camp in the parks the Police and City Hall have demonstrated that they can't effectively enforce the laws of the city and do their jobs. The protest is now emboldened more than before and will resist to a greater degree causing further damage and disruption with nothing short of a potential dangerous outcome in the end.

By failing to take any action against the Camp in the parks the Police and City Hall have demonstrated that they can't effectively enforce the laws of the city and do their jobs. The protest is now emboldened more than before and will resist to a greater degree causing further damage and disruption with nothing short of a potential dangerous outcome in the end.
Didn't people make the same violent predictions for last night?

Protesting is a 1st amendment right. Camping down town in a city park over night is not. If Adams would have sent in the cops to remove the first tent that was pitched, the city and tax payers would be 100's of 1000's of dollars ahead. Wonder how much food and shelter that money might have bought for homeless people.

I'm amazed at how some people see only what they want to see. Have at it fellas, but I'm with whiskeybill on this one.

That is just the trap they want you to fall into. Politicians are just the puppets and are easily replaced. As long as their corporate masters can keep you thinking the puppets are the problem you will never even see the strings....much less trace them up to the puppeteer. That is why they spend so much on their mouthpieces like Rush to keep feeding you misinformation and keeping you believing it is the politicians, or it is the liberals, or it is the poor people, or it is the unions...

Sorry, but I believe you have it backasswards. Think what you will, but nothing will change as long as you keep voting the same bozos into positions of power.

Protesting is a 1st amendment right. Camping down town in a city park over night is not. If Adams would have sent in the cops to remove the first tent that was pitched, the city and tax payers would be 100's of 1000's of dollars ahead. Wonder how much food and shelter that money might have bought for homeless people.
So the government should violently and forcibly enforce class B misdemeanors to squelch protests?

I'm amazed at how some people see only what they want to see. Have at it fellas, but I'm with whiskeybill on this one.

Sorry, but I believe you have it backasswards. Think what you will, but nothing will change as long as you keep voting the same bozos into positions of power.

You think politicians own the corporations? You might want to wake up. How could anyone be so ignorant? Follow the money.

Let me try to understand your logic here Playboy, you have a "friend" that gives you information that you believe gives you the right to call sbwool63's wife a liar? I say we stick to the facts here, there is plenty of room for speculation on the 5 o'clock news.

For the first time in a VERY long time I am proud of Portland. The protesters and the police handled themselves quite well last night. Both sides showed an incredible amount of restraint. On another note. I have seen most of the local media saying that a protester hit and injured a cop with a projectile, but the video clearly shows a spooked horse backing into and stepping on the officer.

For the first time in a VERY long time I am proud of Portland. The protesters and the police handled themselves quite well last night. Both sides showed an incredible amount of restraint. On another note. I have seen most of the local media saying that a protester hit and injured a cop with a projectile, but the video clearly shows a spooked horse backing into and stepping on the officer.

Typical.

I don't think anyone called anyone a liar. Mr. Penguin just put the needles and stolen property comment into a city wide perspective. There are needle drug users and thiefs everywhere in this country and alot of them own guns. What does that say about gun owners? Just a thought.

Let me try to understand your logic here Playboy, you have a "friend" that gives you information that you believe gives you the right to call sbwool63's wife a liar? I say we stick to the facts here, there is plenty of room for speculation on the 5 o'clock news.
No, I have a friend that actually deals with the situation and I have been down there multiple times myself. I am calling him on his false anecdote. That is not speculation. Allowing false anecdotes to go unchallenged is worse than speculation.

I saw that as it happened last night. The reporter immediately started saying "The officer was hit with something. We have reports they saw the officer hit with a bottle." The video clearly shows him being dumb enough to stand right behind a horse.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads