JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's an extreme level of irony, and injustice, in shooting someone having a mental episode. I don't care if they have a knife or not - if the call is to help someone... to prevent them from harm... you come with a different set of tools. It's not hammer v. nail anymore.

Exactly, the cops where alerted to HELP a mentally ill suicidal person, whom they executed without even making contact.

Ask anyone who has called the police to report a mentally ill suicidal person with a firearm what happens. They usually regret having made the call. Police officers are not mental health professionals. A non compliant person brandishing a firearm is a threat to himself and those around him including the police. The cops made a judgement call based on the situation. I see no problem with their response given the facts we know.

To me it is about taking one further step in doing what we can to keep guns out of the hands of those who should not have them. Will it keep criminals from getting guns, no, but it may prove to some anti-gunners that we are serious about doing what we can in that effort. For me it isn't liability as much as conscience.
My opposition to this bill can be summed up in your first nine words above. To the left, On the gun issue and pretty much anything else, it is always one more step. I think people that fall for it must have a pretty short memory.

How to Predict Criminals Won't Comply with Universal Background Check Legislation:
  • It is currently illegal to sell, possess, use drugs. Criminals do these things anyway.
  • It is currently illegal to transfer a weapon to someone you suspect of being a criminal. Criminals knowingly transfer weapons between each other all the time.
  • It is currently illegal to break into peoples houses and steal stuff. Happens daily.
  • It is currently illegal to rape people. Defenseless individuals are raped daily.
  • It is currently illegal to have a gun if you are a felon. Felons have guns anyway.
  • It is currently illegal to concealed carry a gun without a permit. Criminals do this anyway.
  • It is currently illegal to shoot people, unless acting in legitimate self-defense. Criminals do this anyway.
  • It is currently illegal to kill people. Criminals do this anyway.
  • Lastly, one from the history books, did alcohol prohibition work? No. The world got worse, and everyone kept drinking anyway.
Why would a criminal EVER comply with UBC legislation? Just because politicians think its a good idea to say "all gun sales need background checks"? Get real man!

There is nothing to be gained in terms of public safety, and everything to be lost regarding the privacy of a law-abiding citizen. The burden will be on law-abiding people (transfer fees, time, effort, etc) all while gun traffickers, drug dealers, murderers, rapists, thieves, and other assorted scumbags will still do what they do best...disregard and violate every law they can.

To me it is about taking one further step in doing what we can to keep guns out of the hands of those who should not have them. Will it keep criminals from getting guns, no, but it may prove to some anti-gunners that we are serious about doing what we can in that effort. For me it isn't liability as much as conscience.

Then go one step further get to know anyone you are wanting to sell a gun to, go out for beers, lunch or a date that way you will have a clear conscience. We don't need the British gov. Here. If you really are that concerned then only sell to your friends. that way you have done the very best to insure they are valid for buying a gun. Also how many times has the b g. Check denied someone that has had no problems with L E or anything else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top