JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting for sure. I would gladly show my Washington DL and pay Washington sales tax in Oregon if it meant not paying the income tax.

It certainly does give pause to think about whether I will retain residency in WA or not. I'll have to consider it. The benefit would be not paying sales tax when I'm in Washington. The only issue is if businesses know that Oregon residents are exempt.

Even as an Oregon resident I would not qualify for in-state tuition at OSU I am required to prove in-state residency for the preceding 12 months.

The cost effective option would be to become a resident of Oregon.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=28.011443,-82.344028

If you live in Washington, Idaho, Utah, or Nevada you can just go to any sporting goods like Cabala, Sheels, Wholesale Sports, Sportsman’s Warehouse, or Bass ProShop to get your out of state CCW they provide the paperwork you will how ever have to go to Oregon to have your picture and prints taken. They offer a four hour course and you can get Utah and Oregon since you already have Florida. Idaho excepts any states permit. If you take the course in Nevada for out of state you can get all of them including Nevada but take a revolver, and simi-auto for Nevada you will have to qualify on both.

I live in Vancouver (the one in the US), and have worked off & on in Portland and Beaverton, also was a member of the Oregon for 19 years: I paid Oregon income tax all that time: If you work in Oregon, you pay their income tax.

Yes: Taxation without representation.

If you are an Oregon resident, you pay their income tax no matter where you work. Oregon Soldiers while on active duty have state income tax withheld from their pay, as do others from California and other states with an income tax. The exception is that, for some states, while a Service Member whose Home of Record is in their state, may be exempt from paying state income tax, same as the federal tax exemption while deployed to a war zone.

A friend took her class in Clackamas County and the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office told me that she would have to take one in Multnomah County, to qualify for a CCP there.

A friend took her class in Clackamas County and the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office told me that she would have to take one in Multnomah County, to qualify for a CCP there.

Well that is not supported by the law, nor by the practice at Washington County. I took an online class (FREE) from Maryland state police and that worked for my "safety training" when I applied in Washington County. I suggest you find a better-informed person at the Multnomah CO Sheriff's office.

The counties don't have the ability to make these requirements. They also have very little leeway in interpretation. If the course satisfies Clackamas County requirements, it should satisfy the Multnomah County requirements. What kind of course was it (offered by Sheriff's office, NRA instructor, etc.)?

No it doesn't!! I've been doing it for close to 20 years now and have never had a problem. You do have a couple more hoops to jump through though, one is that you have to be a resident of an adjoining state. So a FL license won't do you any good here as they don't recognize any other state's license and, unless you live in WA, ID or CA you can't get it at all.

Nevada also

If you live in Washington, Idaho, Utah, or Nevada you can just go to any sporting goods like Cabala, Sheels, Wholesale Sports, Sportsman's Warehouse, or Bass ProShop to get your out of state CCW they provide the paperwork you will how ever have to go to Oregon to have your picture and prints taken. They offer a four hour course and you can get Utah and Oregon since you already have Florida. Idaho excepts any states permit.

If you take the course in Nevada for out of state you can get all of them including Nevada but take a revolver, and simi-auto for Nevada you will have to qualify on both.

Wrong

Interesting for sure. I would gladly show my Washington DL and pay Washington sales tax in Oregon if it meant not paying the income tax.

Not sure what you mean by this, there is no Oregon Sales Tax.

It certainly does give pause to think about whether I will retain residency in WA or not. I'll have to consider it. The benefit would be not paying sales tax when I'm in Washington. The only issue is if businesses know that Oregon residents are exempt.

If you are a Washington resident you will pay WA sales tax. If you are an Oregon resident you will not pay WA sales tax provided you show your ID and fill out the short paperwork, and every store I've been to knows this and does it happily. If you work in Oregon you will pay OR income tax regardless of where you live.

The cost effective option would be to become a resident of Oregon.

Perhaps... Depends on your income source and level and purchasing habits. NFA restrictions are less in Oregon!

Greg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top