JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There a few good dealers in Cali. If you were an MP it would be even better cause you would have federal LEO cress. Then you can conceal carry in Cali once you're 21 under HR218.
You can actually carry in all 50 states as long as you hold the credentials.

Actually.... unless things have changed since '93, lower EM's who hold the MP MOS are only "MP's" when they're on official duty or under (verbal/written) orders, other than that they're just another faceless service member with no LEO credentials.

Things did change since 1993. HR218, Law Enforcement Officers' Safety Act. And it is very unusual because it does not allow military commanders any choice in issuing the credentials, it is mandatory if the service member meets the criteria.

Actually.... unless things have changed since '93, lower EM's who hold the MP MOS are only "MP's" when they're on official duty or under (verbal/written) orders, other than that they're just another faceless service member with no LEO credentials.
it's up to the CO technically under the Marine Corps. Federally you're clear. I carried all the time in Cali as an MP but I was older than 21. It was a risk I took. I knew I would be NJPd by my command if caught but if stopped by civilian LEO I would be fine under HR218. But more than likely they would have reported it to my chain of command and I would have run the risk of NJP. The Marine Corps still loves to micromanage and cover there bubblegum. As far as a 20 year old conceal carrying as an MP I don't think that would fly unless somehow the marines let them carry their issues weapon off duty. Cause they can't legally purchase one. And we all know that's a terrible idea.

Things did change since 1993. HR218, Law Enforcement Officers' Safety Act. And it is very unusual because it does not allow military commanders any choice in issuing the credentials, it is mandatory if the service member meets the criteria.

When I was in, (95B) Army MP's weren't issued any "credentials" to carry around with them except an MP brassard (which means dick outside "the gates") and they used to issue a "badge" at the arms room when you checked out your weapon for patrol duty that got turned back in with your weapon when ETD'd. Then they stopped the badge thing and went MP brassards only, and I guess now it's just a Velcro patch that they wear.

I have a hard time believing they issue "credentials" to young meat-heads who happen to be MP's ;)

When I was in, (95B) Army MP's weren't issued any "credentials" to carry around with them except an MP brassard (which means dick outside "the gates") and they used to issue a "badge" at the arms room when you checked out your weapon for patrol duty that got turned back in with your weapon when ETD'd. Then they stopped the badge thing and went MP brassards only, and I guess now it's just a Velcro patch that they wear.

I have a hard time believing they issue "credentials" to young meat-heads who happen to be MP's ;)
well now you get federal credentials. Which fall under HR218. At least in the Marines they do.

DoD Instructions implementing HR218 make it clear that no commander has discretion to veto HR218. The USMC cannot overrule the DoD nor Congress.
Have you ever been in the Marines? They may not be able to "over rule it" but they will destroy your career. I saw a lot of things done that were illegal or not allowed on a higher level in the chain of command.

Have you ever been in the Marines? They may not be able to "over rule it" but they will destroy your career. I saw a lot of things done that were illegal or not allowed on a higher level in the chain of command.
What people in the military get away with and what the law is are two different things. In 21 years in two branches I saw a lot of noncompliance and sometimes apprehended people for breaking military law. More often the IG would issue a report and the commander would take administrative action. And yes especially when deployed people push the limits and nobody volunteers to be the whistleblower.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top