JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There are those new members who get only a smattering of member welcome responses and those who, in a 24-30 hour period have a half a hundred, and still counting?

Wonder why that phenomenon occurs?

Just saying...

(Tis precious tho watching what the French Actresses recently called American men's 'awkward flirting' in practice!) :s0140:

Guys probably get less because it is more common for guys and guns.

Gals? It's refreshing to see them involved, so it may be the reason they are greeted and encouraged more.

If that's what you are talking about. I've only had one cup of coffee, so I could still be deep into my assumption mode...

Maybe it depends on their opening lines. Most newcomers seem genuinely happy to be here and sincere. Sometimes though I wonder who is signing up just to troll or lurk from adversarial groups.
I don't trust anyone, equally. Trust but verify. I'm not saying that the opening posts have to win a Pulitzer, but come on people, put some effort into it.
And yes, I just changed the tin foil lining in my ball cap.

There are those new members who get only a smattering of member welcome responses and those who, in a 24-30 hour period have a half a hundred, and still counting?

Wonder why that phenomenon occurs?

Just saying...

(Tis precious tho watching what the French Actresses recently called American men's 'awkward flirting' in practice!) :s0140:

The kind of observation that occurs at Facebook too...

There's also the observation that half of the hundred feel the need to mention they are anti-Glock o_O so maaaaybe the members choice of name or avatar?

Milady, thy comments cut to the quick...tho I profess to holde such beliefs true!

One would hope the honourable lass that you are, would grant a boon of forgiveness to such a crass lad as I!

May your sojourn be well in this new and sometimes strange & hostile community.

Merry met Milady!

Milady, thy comments cut to the quick...tho I profess to holde such beliefs true!

One would hope the honourable lass that you are, would grant a boon of forgiveness to such a crass lad as I!

May your sojourn be well in this new and sometimes strange & hostile community.

Merry met Milady!

:s0140: Does your mother know you wear her drapes?

Actually a lot depends on time of day, day of the week, how the intro goes, the friendly banter, ect.
If a intro post just says Hi, or New here, not likely to get much response. It also depends on if the into lands in the quick link's or not!

For me it's simple. I try and welcome every new member as I see the post. I was warmly welcomed into the group and wish to pass that along. However I undoubtedly miss many as I'm not logged on all the time. Perhaps it's this way with others.

There's varied criteria in which I may see a need to respond. If a feller announces himself, er sorry, announces herself, as from my town, or from where my parents grew up, or they have the same interests as I do, or maybe just caught my attention for other reasons, I may respond, and it could very well be a private message.

And I don't need to respond just to get one more post count.

If all 50,000 of us responded with a welcome, the site would be inundated. So if I don't send a welcome greeting, it is not personal. I know full well there are many others that will respond.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR