Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Obamma now controls Senate;Congress;Suspreme Court

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by kenno, Jun 30, 2009.

1. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

Now that Al Franken has been handed his Senate Seat nothing stops the passage of any number of bills to reduce the American population to servitude and penury. If you value your children's future buy a shovel and start diggin.

2. ikona

ikona west of pdx Member

Well, tell us how you really feel:paranoid: I don't see where the Supreme Court comes in, they are replacing a liberal judge with the same, so no difference. Quite decrying what has happened, ask yourself why it happened ( the spiral effect of the GOP) and do something to remedy the situation in 2010. you can crawl in the hole (look for ones that were either used by the fraidy cats of the Clinton years or the ones dug by the Democrats during the Bush years) or work to make a real positive change. Build a mountain, not a hole.

3. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

People who whistled and cheered (or just sat back and did nothing) as neo-cons corrupted the GOP do not have any right to complain now. They caused this mess and they can either start fixing it or shut up.

Until we get a viable third party (the only way to solve the current problems) nothing is going to change in politics.

PS: Winning more votes is not being "handed" anything. That argument sounds like sour grapes and accomplishes nothing.

4. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

Having lived through more Democratic Administrations than I care to recall I base my opinion on more than suposition, this is not your dad's democratic party. This is the New Democratic Party for a New Age operating under new rules not written by the Founding Fathers but by revolutionary progressives.
    PS Franken WAS handed a Senate seat by the state supreme court controlled by the democratic party not by a new election or an accurate recount

5. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

College kids that don't know any better.

6. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Gee, I guess Rush told you that so it must be so...wah! wah!

7. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

9. The "Legal & Political" section is to pertain to firearms only. There shall be no legal & political discussion and/or material outside of the "Legal & Political" section.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

For conservative discussion, check out NorthwestConservative.com

For liberal discussion, check out Democratic Underground

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.