JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As of 5:49 he has skirted close to suggesting renewed restrictions but at the last minute veered off into the safer response of, "speaking to law enforcement, lawmakers, parents, mental health professionals" about how to solve the problems that have led to the shootings.

Once the emotions settle down he might want to re-think that. Now would be a good time for the GOP to cry uncle on the economy and "fiscal cliff" in order to give themselves a fighting change on this next year.

The GOP consist of a bunch of cowards who are too insecure about their jobs and too concerned about their own paychecks to do anything meaningful to get this country back on track. At this point democracy is a lost cause. Action is the only thing that will change the course we're on.

We'll see what he decides to do; if he pushes for a renewal of the ban then I think things get UGLY. I mean really, really ugly. Nothing pushes people out of the middle to the fringes than moving too far to the end of the spectrum.

The reason Obama isn't pushing for anything right now is simple. He already has his plate full with negotiations regarding the fiscal cliff. And he also knows that any ban would have to make it through the GOP controlled House, and that's not going to happen.

The reason Obama isn't pushing for anything right now is simple. He already has his plate full with negotiations regarding the fiscal cliff. And he also knows that any ban would have to make it through the GOP controlled House, and that's not going to happen.

Agreed. But it's also more important that the GOP do what it needs to in order to protect its majority in the next two years.

It was posturing - but was moderately surprised he dangled the hook.

What are we going to do about all the nuts out there who have and will end up doing us harm? How do we reverse the moral degrigation of this country? I grew up in a time that boys carried pocket knives. Many of us had guns in our cars and trucks out in the school parking lot. Hunted before and after school. How do we get that back? We didn't sit in the house playing video games. We played out side. On weekends from dusk to dawn.

The Mafia caused the disapearance of the regular use of the tommy gun. Most full auto guns are now taxed out of existance. Is that the fate of semi auto firearms? I'm beginning to lean in that direction. I know all about the reasons for the 2nd ammendment, but that doesn't reasure me that real evil is winning the war.
What can we do?

Is that the fate of semi auto firearms? I'm beginning to lean in that direction. I know all about the reasons for the 2nd ammendment, but that doesn't reasure me that real evil is winning the war.
What can we do?

The TOOL is NOT the cause of the problem. Taking away one tool will ONLY stop the people that were going to follow the law in the first place. CRIMINALS are everywhere and places with "stronger" gun laws have higher violent crime.

It can easily be proved by this incident. Why did the coward attack a school? He knew the LAW ABIDING people would NOT have guns. He knew he was safe from anyone being his equal. Why don't people attack places with lots of guns? Every watch "wildest videos"? How come every time some thug that thinks he is on top of the world with his gun suddenly turns into a running baby when someone pulls out their own guns?

By your same reasoning we should outlaw alcohol because drunks kill more people everyday then this one incident but since they are not at the same location you do not hear about it.

Sorry after doing some research I was wrong. 3x as many people die in a day from drunk driving then in this one incident, http://www.centurycouncil.org/drunk-driving/drunk-driving-fatalities-national-statistics

Something regarding a ban is going to happen whether we gun owners like it or not. It is just a matter of time and when it will eventually happen. In the meantime, it's time to get your AR's and AK's while you still can.

But in the meantime he's gonna sell a heck of a lot of AR15s.

I was thinking about buying one in January/February, but looks like they might be tought to find and more expensive by then, lame. Maybe I'll just build one, get the important parts now, then the rest of the pieces over the next couple of months. Now to figure out how to do that, lol! Luckily my old carpool buddy has built one before, so he'll be able to help me.

I've seen him do this before. He signaled his approval. Now the antis like Costas etc will feel honored to do his bidding. Every shooting will get maximum exposure, even the Chicago ones.

It's on.

Don't worry too much- nothing in Washington is accomplished in a month- certainly not something like gun control- the problem will be availability of weapons/magazines/ammunition from fear they'll evaporate overnight.

My prediction is increased background checks and maybe a run at registration though I doubt that could be done.

What are we going to do about all the nuts out there who have and will end up doing us harm? How do we reverse the moral degrigation of this country? I grew up in a time that boys carried pocket knives. Many of us had guns in our cars and trucks out in the school parking lot. Hunted before and after school. How do we get that back? We didn't sit in the house playing video games. We played out side. On weekends from dusk to dawn.

The Mafia caused the disapearance of the regular use of the tommy gun. Most full auto guns are now taxed out of existance. Is that the fate of semi auto firearms? I'm beginning to lean in that direction. I know all about the reasons for the 2nd ammendment, but that doesn't reasure me that real evil is winning the war.
What can we do?

Times have changed I mocked Tip O Gore when she tried to sensor Rock music she tried to cut it off at the head cause she knew it would get worse and it did get worse. A society entertained even amused by violence in movies and video games lacking parental guidance cause parents are self absorbed or gone or doped up or just don't care. So many pills to make us happy depression hopelessness, So now the gov steps up to the plate and their solution will be to ban.

yes back in the day there were high school shooting teams even in portland public schools Marshall Grant Wilson and others all had shooting ranges in the schools hard to imagine that and yet no gun violence like it is today.

Many of the anti gunners will say its cause its easy to get a gun actually its much harder now that it used to be . Prior to 68 you could mail rifles through the mail with out a FFL and up until Clinton there were no back ground checks to buy firearms.

Our country has drifted away from their moral compass and teachings of wrong from right which has become a matter of opinion . Its just the way of the world now

Only a revival can fix this country.

I've seen him do this before. He signaled his approval. Now the antis like Costas etc will feel honored to do his bidding. Every shooting will get maximum exposure, even the Chicago ones.

It's on.

Seems like every shooting is getting maximum exposure possible lately. "They" don't want us to have guns period. "They" want complete control. Look at the middle east and all the rebels fighting the government. That is exactly what they want to avoid when everything goes bad. It may be many, many, many years from now but one day it will happen.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top