Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Obama's Disrespect for the Constitution

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by nammac, Jan 5, 2016.

1. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

So today, during The Emperors White House Presser, I realized just how much disrespect and contempt the sitting POTUS has for the United States Constitution...

He has no reverence for this document as the foundation of the United States and it's Government...

He referred to it as a paper... And I quote -
    “I believe in the Second Amendment. It’s written there… on the paper.”

There should be no doubts in anyone's mind as to his intents to continue trampling on the Constitution.

To continue to weaken this once great country from within...

To continue to import his terrorist fellow Muslim believers from Syria and elsewhere...

To continue to feed the racial division he's created in this country...

And to continue to ignore the real issues, immigration, terrorism, education, the economy and the continued unrest in the Middle East...

We need to clean house in November, time to remove all the liberal trash. From the federal, state, county and city/town governments...

Time for conservatives to take our country back, before it truly is much too late...

Hayshaker, DMax, Slobray and 3 others like this.
  2. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

I honestly think it's too late, as the Constitution was written for a different kind of person from what most Americans are today. The heart of man is the same as it's been for six thousand years, and the Constitution was written to stand against tyrants who wish to take over the government, that is true, but the majority of Americans are, as far as I can tell, too stupid to keep that wonderful document and it's ideals.
    The media, which is definitely controlled by liberals in government whether they admit it or not, simply make their case on oprah or "The View" or whatever women watch on daytime TV, and so goes the vote. Only a wise people can govern themselves.

3. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

In simple terms Obama is a Despot.
    Plan accordingly

U201491 likes this.
  4. RLS

RLS milwaukie Active Member

I think that is what he thinks of the Constitution. Just words written on a piece of paper and a inconvenience.

nammac likes this.
  5. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

ARMED AMERICANS 'HAVE NO TRUST IN THIS PRESIDENT'
    Alarm spreads: 'Obama wants database of every gun owner'
    Published: 8 hours ago

Obama-TW.jpg

President Obama (Photo: Twitter)

President Obama rolled out a new slate of executive orders designed to prevent criminals from getting guns and made an emotional appeal for even more to be done, but a leading defender of the Second Amendment says Obama’s actions are a dishonest, unconstitutional overreach.

On Tuesday, Obama unveiled new executive orders to an enthusiastic response from supporters in the East Room of the White House. Obama called for more money to be spent on developing smart guns, which only work when they recognize a specific fingerprint. He also wants more done to stop mentally ill people from getting guns. However, the order getting the most attention is Obama’s effort to greatly loosen the definition of a gun seller.

The president argues more people should have to be licensed to sell guns, and then more gun buyers would go through background checks.

“I’m not opposed to background checks,” Second Amendment Foundation Founder Alan Gottlieb told WND and Radio America. “My problem is the devil is in the details, and he’s not really doing background checks. What he’s doing is bait-and-switch. He says background check, but what it really does is create a national registration system. He wants to create a database of every gun owner in the United States that the federal government has access and control of. That’s what the problem is.”

He added, “Gun owners at this point have no trust in this president.”

What do YOU think? Sound off on Obama’s executive actions on guns

On top of that, Gottlieb said this change wouldn’t have stopped a single mass shooting America has seen in recent years.

“All the cases he cited where guns were misused, those people went through background checks and bought the guns from licensed dealers who are licensed to sell those guns and conduct the background check,” he said. “Obama is being disingenuous in nearly everything he said. The impact is going to be nil.”

Not only that, Gottlieb said it’s odd for the Obama administration to plead for more background checks when its existing approach to the issue has been lackadaisical.

“When criminals go to a gun store now and flunk the background check and committed a felony in lying on the form, this administration has the worst record of any modern president in prosecuting those people,” Gottlieb said. “Obama wants to get rid of people’s guns. He doesn’t want to get rid of criminals.”

Listen to the WND/Radio America interview with Alan Gottlieb:

Gottlieb is also worried about Obama's action that could lead to doctors getting involved in determining who should be able to own a gun.

"His part of the mental health (action), having doctors report people to the FBI to put them in the database to disqualify them from owning a firearm without any due process is a scary proposal here," Gottlieb said. "Once you're in that database, there's no way to get your name out of that database. That's an infringement on Second Amendments rights."

In addition to those issues, Gottlieb said Obama has no authority to change the law on his own.

"If a person that is going to sell a gun out of their collection, under Obama's definition that would make him a dealer and he'd have to get a license to sell the gun. That's not in his authority," Gottlieb said. "It's not part of the act that Congress has passed, and he's going to have a hard time defending that in court."

He also believes Obama won't be able to find much cooperation for this in Congress.

"I expect Congress to totally rebel against everything Obama's trying to do here," he said. "Obama talks about how he's going to hire more people to do this and that and the funds for that are in his budget. His budget has to be approved by Congress, and those things are not going to be in the final budget approved by Congress."

On Tuesday, Obama said he had great respect for the Second Amendment and rights of Americans to exercise their freedoms, but he said other rights matter too, like the freedom to worship for Christians killed in Charleston, Jews in Kansas City, Muslims in North Carolina and Sikhs in Wisconsin.

In addition to pointing out Obama's actions would not have stopped those killings, Gottlieb said if Obama were serious about stopping gun violence, he would sue cities like Chicago and Washington for laws that prevent people from defending themselves due to strict gun control. He also pointed out the major urban areas wracked with firearm fatalities are cities that have been under Democrat control for decades.

The moment that got Obama the most attention is when he wiped away tears while remembering the young victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary atrocity in 2012. While Obama's emotion is garnering rave reviews in the mainstream media, Gottlieb is unimpressed.

"That's all he has because the facts are not on his side. He can't say that anything he's proposing would have stopped these criminals and mass murderers from getting their guns. He can only rely on emotion because he can't rely on any facts or statistics," said Gottlieb, who branded Obama's presentation Tuesday as "phony baloney rhetoric."

Related stories:

Obama tightens gun restrictions through executive order

Armed Americans 'have no trust in this president'

Key congressman calls for blocking funds to Obama Justice Dept.

Zing! Music legend has classic response to Obama's gun grab

Obama cries while issuing new gun orders

NRA, RNC slam Obama's gun grab

Valerie Jarrett: We're not bypassing lawmakers

Loretta Lynch warns gun owners: We're watching you

Related commentary:

Obama's gun-hating political theater,by Thomas Sowell

Obama-TW.jpg

Bazooka Joe and Slobray like this.
  6. U201491

Slobray and nammac like this.
  7. U201491

Charlie-Daniels-Obama.jpg

ZING! CHARLIE DANIELS HAS AWESOME RESPONSE TO OBAMA'S GUN GRAB
    Thousands of criminals pardoned leading up to executive orders
    Published: 13 hours ago

http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/zing-music-legend-has-classic-response-to-obamas-gun-grab/

Music legend Charlie Daniels wants to know how President Obama can argue that he worries about criminals getting firearms when he pardoned roughly 6,000 convicted drug felons two months ago.

The president issued executive orders changing the way gun sales are monitored and carried out on Tuesday, redefining a gun “dealer” to include many people who sell even a single gun annually,WND reported.

Like the reporting you see here? Sign up for free news alerts from WND.com, America’s independent news network.

“Obama if you’re so worried about criminals why did you just turn thousands of them back out on the street,” DanielstweetedTuesday.

The “Devil Went Down to Georgia” singer was directly referencing changes to federal sentencing rules by the U.S. Sentencing Commission, which allowed the release of 6,112 felons Nov. 1. The Wall Street Journal estimated Oct. 6 that as many 46,000 inmates may be freed in total.

Sheriffs across the country disputed Obama’s claim that only nonviolent drug offenders were being released.

“There’s no transition here, there’s no safety net. This is the biggest sham they are trying to sell the American people,” said Sheriff Paul Babeu of Arizona’s Pinal County,Fox Newsreported Nov. 12. “On average these criminals have been in federal prison for nine years – you don’t have to be a sheriff to realize that a felon after nine years in jail isn’t going to be adding value to the community. A third are illegals and felons, so they can’t work. What do we think they are going to do?”

RELATED: Obama tightens gun restrictions through executive order

RELATED: Valerie Jarrett: Obama ‘not circumventing Congress’ on guns

Sheriff Harold Eavenson of Rockwall County, Texas, concurred.

“For [Obama] to tell me or tell citizens that they’re going to do a good job and these inmates are non-violent, when in many instances drug crimes, drug purchasing, drug trafficking are related to other, violent crimes – I’d be amazed if the 6,000 … being released are non-violent,” Eavenson said.

This infallible argument for armed self-defense presents real stories of Americans fighting back against criminals – and surviving because they were armed. “America Fights Back: Armed Self-Defense In A Violent Age” is a must-read for anyone who has ever wondered if concealed carry can actually save and protect.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch told reporters on Tuesday that Obama’s orders were crafted with the goal of “keeping bad actors away from firearms.”

Obama cried during a White House address on “common sense” gun-control measures that circumvent Congress. He wiped tears from his eyes as he talked about the December 2012 massacre at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, which killed 20 children and six adults.

Obama-guns-cry.jpg
    President Obama cries on Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2016, while talking about new executive orders on gun control.

“Every time I think about those kids, it gets me mad. That changed me, that day,” Obama said from the East Room. “My hope earnestly has been that it would change the country.”

The president eventually acknowledged that his executive orders would not have stopped recent mass shootings, such as the Dec. 2 Islamic terror attack in San Bernardino, California,WND reported.

Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., called Obama’s plan “a form of intimidation that undermines liberty.”

“He knows full well that the law already says that people who make their living selling firearms must be licensed, regardless of venue,” Ryan said Tuesday. “Still, rather than focus on criminals and terrorists, he goes after the most law-abiding of citizens.”

What do YOU think? Sound off on Obama’s executive

Obama-guns-cry.jpg

Slobray likes this.
  8. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

Hmmm, Other than "Gut the Second Day" Jan 5, 2016, I'm trying to remember the last time I saw Obama appear to cry...

No tears for Fort Hood.
    No tears for Benghazi.
    Missed birdie putt at St. Andrew's (insists it was Hay fever)
    No tears for Aurora.
    No tears for Oak Creek.
    No tears for Newtown.
    Saw Michelle naked (do watery, burning eyes count?)
    No tears for the Navy Yard.
    Palm Springs Golf "Soros date", wept when told he was just the caddy.
    No tears for Charleston.
    No tears for San Bernardino.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  9. U201491

I sure hope Putin saw that weak spined pos ROFLMAO Will give him something to laugh about for the next decade....................

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  10. fxdc

fxdc Da Valley USPSA, SPEED STEEL, IDPA, 3 GUN

Trust Me......
    IF YOU LIKE YOUR DOCTOR, YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR.

nammac likes this.
  11. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Counterfeit tears from the counterfeit POTUS...

Logan Wilson likes this.
  12. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

13. fxdc

fxdc Da Valley USPSA, SPEED STEEL, IDPA, 3 GUN

What a crying SHAME!
    LMAO!!!!!!!

Hayshaker and Logan Wilson like this.
  14. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's just keep people locked up on a bullbubblegum charge just in case they might want to commit a crime when released. :rolleyes:

Those people should never have been in jail in the first place. I'm glad Obama let them out. We've got 2.4 million Americans in jail now; he should let a lot more of them out.

Guns and weed, folks:
    http://www.gunsandweed.com/