JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Obama proving he is a liar AGAIN...

Claims 90% of Americans support a universal background check..... LLLLIIIIIIAAAAARRRRRRR!!! and a big lie at that

YOU CANT GET 90% OF AMERICANS TO AGREE ON ANYTHING!!!!

The problem is the poll that no one has actually seen probably asks something like "do you believe felons and dangerously mentally ill should be prevented from buying a gun?" Then they take that response as people supporting background checks because they think that's the only way to do that. Instead of you know keeping dangerous felons locked up and committing DANGEROUS mentally ill people in a mental hospital. If you can't be trusted with a gun you shouldn't be on the streets.

You can pretty much bet that any gun control proposal that gets good poll numbers means the proposal has been misrepresented.

Most people think that "assault weapons" means machine guns.
Most people think that you can buy a gun no questions asked by mail over the internet.
Most people have no clue about crime statistics, magazine changing times or anything else that's key to understanding the issues involved.

So when you have the President and his party, along with enthusiastic help from allies in the media distorting the facts and scaring the chewing gum out of people, yes, you can get good poll numbers for XYZ proposal.

Five seconds after people DO understand a little bit, those numbers tank.

I will happily debate anyone anywhere on gun control. I know the facts, all of which are supported by unbiased, often peer-reviewed data. They have lies, distortions and fear. Every time I have one of these conversations the anti either changes their mind (if they're honest) or starts calling me names.

The problem is the poll that no one has actually seen probably asks something like "do you believe felons and dangerously mentally ill should be prevented from buying a gun?" Then they take that response as people supporting background checks because they think that's the only way to do that. Instead of you know keeping dangerous felons locked up and committing DANGEROUS mentally ill people in a mental hospital. If you can't be trusted with a gun you shouldn't be on the streets.

I agree with you but playing the devil's advocate for a second .... How do you find out if a person is a felon or adjudicated as mentally ill without doing a background check?

You can pretty much bet that any gun control proposal that gets good poll numbers means the proposal has been misrepresented.

Most people think that "assault weapons" means machine guns.
Most people think that you can buy a gun no questions asked by mail over the internet.
Most people have no clue about crime statistics, magazine changing times or anything else that's key to understanding the issues involved.

So when you have the President and his party, along with enthusiastic help from allies in the media distorting the facts and scaring the chewing gum out of people, yes, you can get good poll numbers for XYZ proposal.

Five seconds after people DO understand a little bit, those numbers tank.

I will happily debate anyone anywhere on gun control. I know the facts, all of which are supported by unbiased, often peer-reviewed data. They have lies, distortions and fear. Every time I have one of these conversations the anti either changes their mind (if they're honest) or starts calling me names.

This reminded me of a comment I saw on a news article recently. A lady posted that she had no idea how the ATF tracked the guns when the NRA has mandated that all records of guns be destroyed in 90 days. This was not a tongue in cheek comment either.

I agree with you but playing the devil's advocate for a second .... How do you find out if a person is a felon or adjudicated as mentally ill without doing a background check?
And that is where we come to the point where we either have a registry where the government knows who owns all guns, or we accept that in a free society that there will be those that fall through the cracks (i.e. a felon who lies to a private party to get a gun).

We can either attempt to be 100% safe and have no freedom (at which point we wouldn't be safe anyway as our government would be able to do anything they want to us), or we accept the risks of having our freedom. Unfortunately some people want to think that Utopia can exist and use emotion to drive what they think, even though it is really irrational.

Polls....poll 1,000 people leaving a gun store or firing range and use that data. Until they mail it to EVERYONE and actually count em up; polls are unrealistic. Not everyone participates in online polls. They cant generalize the way the entire population thinks based on that type of math. Not sure if I'm making my point or not. All I do know is 100% of the people I polled agreed that "the second amendment shall not be infringed"

"Thirty-nine percent want those laws kept as they are, and another 11 percent want them made less strict."

This is from the latest CBS poll. 39+11=50 how does that = 90% want background checks? The media is willing to cover for him only so far. Even their slanted poll is going against them.

What I'm saying is if someone committed a couldn't crime don't let then out of prison until they've served a long enough sentence that the likelihood of them repeating the crime is greatly reduced. We are just slapping people's wrists and violent offenders are getting out way too early. As for dangerously mentally ill that's a tougher one you want to make sure they get some kind of due process and your not just locking up people in a loony bin because someone's neighbor is afraid just because they own guns. They actually need to be deemed mentally incomplete by professionals and have the case presented to a panel of judges our something like that

What I'm saying is if someone committed a couldn't crime don't let then out of prison until they've served a long enough sentence that the likelihood of them repeating the crime is greatly reduced. We are just slapping people's wrists and violent offenders are getting out way too early. As for dangerously mentally ill that's a tougher one you want to make sure they get some kind of due process and your not just locking up people in a loony bin because someone's neighbor is afraid just because they own guns. They actually need to be deemed mentally incomplete by professionals and have the case presented to a panel of judges our something like that

When it comes to sentencing how long is long enough for a given crime? Also, if you want to keep all these folks in jail "for long enough" how do you pay for it?

If a mentally ill person is adjudicated and is barred from owning guns then only a background check is going to make it possible for a seller to know that the person in front of them should not be sold to. This theoretically would include FTF sales.

Why are you guys even giving them mental illness? if a person is that mentally ill they need to be institutionalized.... Dont you realize they are already preparing for the "mental illness" by saying that anyone on any mood altering medications, anyone that has experienced a close death in the family, anyone that has said at one time or another that they are depressed.... This is what they are trying to pass off as mental illness. WHY??? because according to their number at least 50 percent of people will fit in one of these categories.
THEY WANT ALL YOUR GUNS and they will fit you in whatever box they can to justify taking them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top