Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

OBAMA'S 90% LIE!!!

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by 1stklass, Mar 28, 2013.

1. 1stklass

1stklass salem oregon Well-Known Member

Obama proving he is a liar AGAIN...

Claims 90% of Americans support a universal background check..... LLLLIIIIIIAAAAARRRRRRR!!! and a big lie at that

YOU CANT GET 90% OF AMERICANS TO AGREE ON ANYTHING!!!!

Glock Jock, svxr8dr, Bowtie and 8 others like this.
  2. fyrediver

fyrediver Seattle Active Member

I think you can eliminate the word "lie" from any sentence containing "Obama" as they are synonymous!

3. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Agreed. Redundancy in a sentence is bad grammar.

Keith

4. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

The problem is the poll that no one has actually seen probably asks something like "do you believe felons and dangerously mentally ill should be prevented from buying a gun?" Then they take that response as people supporting background checks because they think that's the only way to do that. Instead of you know keeping dangerous felons locked up and committing DANGEROUS mentally ill people in a mental hospital. If you can't be trusted with a gun you shouldn't be on the streets.

tiggers97, Kevatc, 1stklass and 3 others like this.
  5. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

if his mouth was moving then he was Obama

6. rocky3

rocky3 oregon coast Active Member

Is The Obama a new dance step?

7. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

yeah, one step 'forward' - two steps back.

PinoyBoy and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

You can pretty much bet that any gun control proposal that gets good poll numbers means the proposal has been misrepresented.

Most people think that "assault weapons" means machine guns.
    Most people think that you can buy a gun no questions asked by mail over the internet.
    Most people have no clue about crime statistics, magazine changing times or anything else that's key to understanding the issues involved.

So when you have the President and his party, along with enthusiastic help from allies in the media distorting the facts and scaring the chewing gum out of people, yes, you can get good poll numbers for XYZ proposal.

Five seconds after people DO understand a little bit, those numbers tank.

I will happily debate anyone anywhere on gun control. I know the facts, all of which are supported by unbiased, often peer-reviewed data. They have lies, distortions and fear. Every time I have one of these conversations the anti either changes their mind (if they're honest) or starts calling me names.

accessbob and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I agree with you but playing the devil's advocate for a second .... How do you find out if a person is a felon or adjudicated as mentally ill without doing a background check?

10. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

I thought it was what I do every morning sitting on the toilet. :confused:

11. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

This reminded me of a comment I saw on a news article recently. A lady posted that she had no idea how the ATF tracked the guns when the NRA has mandated that all records of guns be destroyed in 90 days. This was not a tongue in cheek comment either.

12. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

Shocking just Shocking,obammy believes his own lies especially when he reads it over and over again on the teleprompter a sure sign of a Sociopath.

13. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

And that is where we come to the point where we either have a registry where the government knows who owns all guns, or we accept that in a free society that there will be those that fall through the cracks (i.e. a felon who lies to a private party to get a gun).

We can either attempt to be 100% safe and have no freedom (at which point we wouldn't be safe anyway as our government would be able to do anything they want to us), or we accept the risks of having our freedom. Unfortunately some people want to think that Utopia can exist and use emotion to drive what they think, even though it is really irrational.

14. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

I think it's the new CBS poll?? that says different. They kept up the lie as long as they could.

15. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

Come on guys, we covered this already http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ge...7-universal-background-checks.html#post828262

Yes, around 90% of Americans in several polls support so-called "universal background" checks.

(Gallup Poll) PRINCETON, NJ -- Given the chance to vote "for" or "against" each of nine key proposals included in President Barack Obama's plan to reduce gun violence, Americans back all nine. Americans are most likely to be in favor of requiring background checks for all gun sales (91%)
    Americans Back Obama's Proposals to Address Gun Violence

Ninety-two percent of Americans favor background checks for all potential gun buyers, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll.

The CBS News/New York Times poll emphasizes the bipartisan support behind a requirement for background checks on all gun purchases. Out of Democrats, 93% support background checks. And out of Republicans, 89% support them. In households with members of the National Rifle Association, 85% are for more background checks.

9 in 10 back universal gun background checks - Political Eye - CBS News

Washington state voters support requiring background checks for all gun sales, according to a poll released Tuesday morning.

The Elway Poll, conducted by Stuart Elway, found that 79 percent of voters support the expanded checks (currently, checks are required for sales by licensed dealers but not for purchases from private sellers).

New poll: Most favor universal background checks for guns | Politics Northwest | Seattle Times

81% of Oregonians including 75% of gun owners and 89% of non-gun owners support universal background checks
    The Oregonian's survey, conducted by Elway Research of Seattle, found that between 36 percent and 39 percent of those with guns in their homes would support a ban on assault weapons and large gun magazines and a prohibition on carrying concealed handguns into schools.

In addition, a large majority – 75 percent – would favor expanding background checks to cover private gun sales in the state.

Oregon gun owners not monolithic in their views on new firearms restrictions, survey shows | OregonLive.com

It's not so hard to understand why universal background checks are so popular. I'm surprised it isn't 99%.

• Most Americans don't own guns and aren't planning on buying guns. Universal background checks won't inconvenience or affect them at all, and the government tells them it will keep guns from bad people.
    • Many gun owners already have all the guns they want (think of the guy that bags one deer or elk per year) and aren't planning on buying more guns. Universal background checks won't inconvenience or affect them at all, and the government tells them it will keep guns from bad people.
    • Most gun owners who are planning on buying more guns are going to buy them from a licensed dealer where background checks are already required. Universal background checks won't inconvenience or affect them at all, and the government tells them it will keep guns from bad people.

The only Americans who would be affected are those who buy guns privately, which is a small percentage of all Americans. If Americans believe universal background checks are going to make them safer and won't affect or inconvenience or cost them anything, they are going to support them. They are wrong about the effectiveness of the program, but their support for it is easy to understand.

16. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Polls....poll 1,000 people leaving a gun store or firing range and use that data. Until they mail it to EVERYONE and actually count em up; polls are unrealistic. Not everyone participates in online polls. They cant generalize the way the entire population thinks based on that type of math. Not sure if I'm making my point or not. All I do know is 100% of the people I polled agreed that "the second amendment shall not be infringed"

17. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

"Thirty-nine percent want those laws kept as they are, and another 11 percent want them made less strict."

This is from the latest CBS poll. 39+11=50 how does that = 90% want background checks? The media is willing to cover for him only so far. Even their slanted poll is going against them.

18. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

What I'm saying is if someone committed a couldn't crime don't let then out of prison until they've served a long enough sentence that the likelihood of them repeating the crime is greatly reduced. We are just slapping people's wrists and violent offenders are getting out way too early. As for dangerously mentally ill that's a tougher one you want to make sure they get some kind of due process and your not just locking up people in a loony bin because someone's neighbor is afraid just because they own guns. They actually need to be deemed mentally incomplete by professionals and have the case presented to a panel of judges our something like that

19. BSG 75

That poll would not be valid because it is not a representative sample of all voters.

That's what everyone says when they don't like poll results.

Polling is based on established principles and mathematics. Public Opinion Polls: How does Gallup Polling Work?

The polls weren't conducted online.

Actually, with a large enough representative sample, you can.

Your circle of friends is not a representative sample of the entire population. That is just like the New York City liberal who said "I don't know how Reagan won. Everyone that I know voted for Mondale." Or "I don't know how Bush won. Everyone that I know voted for Kerry". ;)

20. BSG 75

That has been a pattern in several polls. When asked about the general principle of support for "more gun control" many people will say no. But when asked about specific proposals like more background checks those same people will say yes, that's not so bad, they could live with that.