1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Gunner3456, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

I guess that's because he talked "I'm a Dinnerjacket" and "Some Short Kim" into giving up their nukes. :thumbup:

BTW, that prize comes with a big cash award. Is it a million bucks?
  2. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

Nobel is notorious for politicizing their award. A few years ago they gave one to Al Gore to - as they themselves said: "To kick George Bush in the leg!" So, take this hokum about an award with a half a grain of salt!
  3. DSbur

DSbur Vancouver WA Member

I lost all faith in that 'award' when Yassar Arafat won it in 1994.
  4. Artilleryman

Artilleryman Originally from the central midwest but have reloc Active Member

we have definitely entered the twilight zone.
  5. shibbershabber

shibbershabber Vancouver Well-Known Member

He hasnt done A N Y T H I N G ! ! !

He was already 'nominated' well before he went to the UN and started talking of disarmament.

What a bunch of fools! What has Obama changed from the Bush administration? ALL of the policies are the same, especially foreign policy. He just talks a different game.

F-ing ridiculous!
  6. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Me: Hey Coach, I'd like to try out for the team.
    Coach: Great! Here is a trophy to encourage you to win the big game!

I thought awards were for what you have done, not for what you might do or given as encouragement...

I guess I am just goofy that way.
  7. xstayfrostyx

xstayfrostyx PDX Member

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists -- the Taliban and Hamas this morning -- in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize," wrote DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse.

This fully exposes the illusion that is Barack Obama," conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh told Politico via e-mail. "And with this 'award' the elites of the world are urging Obama, THE MAN OF PEACE, to not do the surge in Afghanistan, not take action against Iran and its nuclear program and to basically continue his intentions to emasculate the United States... They love a weakened, neutered U.S and this is their way of promoting that concept. I think God has a great sense of humor, too."

"I did not realize the Nobel Peace Prize had an affirmative action quota," wrote Erick Erickson, of the site RedState.com, "but that is the only thing I can think of for this news."
    Story continues below

"Obama isn't the first American president to win the Nobel Peace Prize, but he's the first to win it without having accomplished anything," wrote John Miller, of the National Review. "Obama's award is simply the projection of wishful thinking."

"The prize seems not just premature but embarrassing," wrote Mark Krikorian, also on The National Review, "this just reinforces the Saturday Night Live meme that Obama has done nothing. This really might be his Carter whacking-the-bunny-rabbit moment."

Indeed, an online petition was started just hours after the announcement was made, objecting to the "absurd decision to award B. Obama Nobel Peace Prize."

And so, in the immediate aftermath, the meme had already been established -- seconded by the usual purveyors of conventional wisdom -- that the Nobel Prize was more burden than benefit for the White House. The conclusion: the president needed to turn the prize down.

"I predict right now that he will find a way to basically turn it down," Time Magazine's Mark Halperin told MSNBC's Morning Joe. "I think he is going to say, I share this with the world or whatever. I don't think he'll embrace this. Because there is no upside."

"The damage is done," added Mika Brzezinski shortly thereafter.

UPDATE: Either sensing an opening to cast the Republican Party as actively rooting against America, or just fed up with the stream of negative responses, the Democratic National Committee put out an unusually blunt statement Friday morning. The gist: that the GOP sides with the terrorists.

"The Republican Party has thrown in its lot with the terrorists -- the Taliban and Hamas this morning -- in criticizing the President for receiving the Nobel Peace prize," wrote DNC Communications Director Brad Woodhouse. "Republicans cheered when America failed to land the Olympics and now they are criticizing the President of the United States for receiving the Nobel Peace prize -- an award he did not seek but that is nonetheless an honor in which every American can take great pride -- unless of course you are the Republican Party. The 2009 version of the Republican Party has no boundaries, has no shame and has proved that they will put politics above patriotism at every turn. It's no wonder only 20 percent of Americans admit to being Republicans anymore - it's an embarrassing label to claim."

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/09/obamas-nobel-prize-inspir_n_315167.html
  9. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Don't know what he has done for world peace, but this is what he is doing to the USA.
  10. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

But don't you get it? These people view an immasculated U.S. as an achievement toward world peace.
  11. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

thats awsome....
  12. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

Wow congrats to President Hussein Obama.. Him, Yassar Arafat.. I think had Hitler lived long enough and showed remorse for what he did, he would have won the prize as well. I am sure the madman in North Korea will also win the prize if he gives up his nukes. I am sure Prez Achmedinejab is on the list for keeping the peace in Iran for shooting, beating and arresting all people who dare protest out loud. I am sure if he allows nuclear inspections of a some of his facilities, he will also get the reward for that.

When Obama got into power many people threw away their bibles and bought the Audacity of Hopelessness.
  13. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

9. The "Legal & Political" section is to pertain to firearms only. There shall be no legal & political discussion and/or material outside of the "Legal & Political" section.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.