JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is not the point, as MisterBill pointed out. The point is that there is nothing wrong with glorifying guns.. Obama was condemning the fact that our culture glorifies guns, as if glorifying and respecting the beauty, the art, the sport and the protection that guns give us is bad. I was quoting Obama's statement to prove to the naive people here who think Obama is pro gun or supports our rights to own guns. He showed his true colors in this statement and contradicted himself grossly. First, he claims to SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment, then he condemns people who "Glorify Guns". What he meant by the word "Glorify" could be up to debate, but for anyone who's head is outside of their rectal cavity, I think its rather blatantly obvious that he thinks a society that respects and admires gun ownership is bad.. And then, notice how combines the words GLORIFY GUNS AND VIOLENCE .. He basically equates guns with violences and that people who love guns, also love violence as well. .

See, I think "glorifying guns" and "a culture that, all too often, glorifies guns" is different in the context.
How I heard it, wasn't "a (gun) culture that, all too often, glorifies guns and violence".
But more, "a (United states) culture that, all too often, glorifies guns and violence (as per the media)".

This is where I can't really seem to debate anymore, as since he did leave out those keys words, I can't be sure.

He is a double-speaking, two-faced politician. He isn't even that great of a liar or a politician.. It's not like I couldn't see through him like glass. However, he has a very powerful and far-reaching propaganda machine and a plethora of advisers and helpers who are aiding him work his way through to promote his tyrannical agenda. In a lot of ways he is just a welfare check, free school, free food, free citizenship, gay marriage and liberty for all to a good chunk of the voting bloc who cared nothing about his substance, but rather about all the broken promises and personal benefits they would receive from voting for him. Many just voted for him, because that is what the media, or all the "politically-correct" people said to do.
Agreed.

My point is, Obama is degrading you and I as gun owners and absolutely, positively has no greater desire than to strip us of our freedoms. Obama cares nothing of violence or dead children.. I guarantee he'd be more than happy to see another dead 30, 60, 100 if it meant an increase in his own power.
Disagree, but only because I don't know him, and tend to give the benefit of the doubt to such. But, I can't debate you on this because it's your opinion of him, and you're allowed it. No reason to attack your opinion when I don't really have one.

Let me fix that for ya.

"What Romney DID, and what the current government MIGHT do."

One is proven fact and history, the other is still to be determined.

How is this relevant? Read the title of this thread. This IS the subject.
I posted GOAL's link, and in that link you will find multiple links to the MA legislative website.

We've been over this before, but I'll humor you for now.
Go back to the link and click on the original MA AWB passed into law in 1998. You can read the whole thing. You won't find an expiration date in it ANYWHERE.
What Romney signed in '04 was a bill that relaxed the restrictions on semi-autos and allowed MA gun owners to have some 400+ models of guns the 1998 bill banned.

If you actually read the link, (the one approved by GOAL's lawyers) you'd have known that. Or do you think GOAL's lawyers are mistaken, and the media and pop-culture purveyors are better informed?
Instead, you are quoting an erroneous press release that was printed verbatim by the left-wing dominated Boston Globe, which has been named by GOAL as the primary disseminater of the mis-information.
If you prefer to get your legal advice on the matter from internet forums and the media instead of the pro-gun lawyers employed by GOAL, you are beyond help.

This was researched by multiple pro-gun orgs like the Second Amendment Foundation and they discovered the same misinformation campaign I did.

Romney was probably correct in his assertion that the majority of MA citizens approved of the AWB. After-all, all you need to do is look at who they sent to congress for 40+ years to know the majority of MA citizens are anti-gun rights. Teddy Kennedy was one of the left's champions for gun control the ENTIRE time he was in the Senate.
Not to mention the FACT that MA voters elected the legislature that wrote and passed the state's 1998 AWB.

Thanks for playing though.
You can go back to your willful ignorance now.

If all you listen to is pro gun I can pretty much tell you what they will say pretty much the opposite of the antii firearm types would say. I dont fully beleive either side completely - they will sway thier information accordingly. The truth normally lies some where in the middle.

James Ruby

Firearm Reform Bill Signed

I'm tired of this conversation. The fact remains that the election consisted of a choice of between a dog that had bitten gun owners before and one that hadn't bit yet.
So apparently you haven't read your own link. Just because a legislative aide wrote a speech full of erroneous claims, doesn't mean the bill he signed was a ban.
Read your link again Mark.
As our members know, S.2367 did not ban a single gun because the Massachusetts "assault weapons" law, unfortunately, does not expire with the federal law. The bill signed by the Governor actually protects Massachusetts gun owners with a permanent reference to federal definitions that provide them with a list of exempt firearms that numbers nearly 700.
AND:
All gun owners should realize that this bill is an enormous victory, but we can not let this insulting spin by the Governor go unchecked. As a reminder, below is a summary of what the bill really does.

The bill:

Changes the size of an FID card and LTC to a more manageable size;

Adds a 90 day grace period for both licenses and cards;

Requires police to give a receipt for confiscated firearms;

License and cards issued after September 28 will be valid for six years;

Creates a seven person board to review the cases of persons denied licenses and cards due to old misdemeanor convictions; and

Protects nearly 700 guns from being declared "assault weapons."
So, he's not guilty of signing a ban, just playing to an overwhelmingly leftist gun-grabber base, while protecting guns and their owners.

Again, thanks for playing.

PS: Oh you got bit alright, the wound just hasn't festered into the infection that will cost you your gun-rights yet.
The infection started yesterday at the news conference where obama named Joe-"I-wrote-the-assault-weapons-ban"-Biden to head up the new task force on gun law changes.

Let me fix that for ya.

"What Romney DID, and what the current government MIGHT do."

One is proven fact and history, the other is still to be determined.

What is it you wish you were talking about ? In response to the recent shooting, Barry is pushing hard for more gun control. Romney isn’t.

If all you listen to is pro gun I can pretty much tell you what they will say pretty much the opposite of the antii firearm types would say. I dont fully beleive either side completely - they will sway thier information accordingly. The truth normally lies some where in the middle.

James Ruby

You just keep telling yourself on which side of the fence to fall off of

I make up my own mind - I am not so rooted in my thinking that the truth only come from those that support guns. I read all but will not beleive someone simply because they like guns aymore than those that dont. There are always two sides to any story and to discount one side without hearing it is ignorant in my opinion.

James Ruby

Here is another saying "ignorance is bliss", basically ignore the side you dont want to hear and you wil be happier. I just cant do that myself. I really dont want to get into a squable but when you start telling me how to think we have a problem.

James Ruby

Lets not forget, as others have rightly posted here, that you didnt just vote for Obama, who has a very public record of his opinion on guns, you also voted for the brainless Joe Biden who is an author of AWB. So there you have the complete package. Anti gun rhetoric married to anti gun action. The perfect storm of a 2A threat.
I would also like to add that many like to say that the 2A protects all the rest of our constitutional rights. I believe that to be true as well.
So, when confronted with a president and vice presidential candidate that are anti 2A to the bone, and make no apologies for it, well, you voted for what we are currently experiencing.
What ever is coming down the pike, passed or not will in some way erode our rights and make future attempts on the 2A that much easier.

Lets not forget, as others have rightly posted here, that you didnt just vote for Obama, who has a very public record of his opinion on guns, you also voted for the brainless Joe Biden who is an author of AWB.

The people that voted for Obama; what do you folks think of Mr Biden ? I have never seen another politician that lacks more sense than this man. Sometimes I will watch his you tube " gaffes " just to get a good laugh in. It's absolutely terrifying this man is one heartbeat away from leading the most powerful nation in the world.

My favorite is the " they will put you all back in chains ". :s0114:

I actually think Obama did us a favor by letting this man spear head this.

And who did you vote for? Did you vote? You dont like who I voted for too bad. I was not going to vote for Romney - a man that would tell you anything you wanted to hear for your vote, a one time loser and an individual who in my opinion did sign a AWB.
I still today do not beleive that he would not do something similar to Obama given the same occurences. Seems the majority of the country agreed with me. I do not look forward to what is coming but I find it very hard to believe that it would be any better if Republicans were in the Whitehouse. In short if you have a problem with who I voted for get over it - it is history and like I said given the knowledge I had when I voted would do it again.

James Ruby

And who did you vote for? Did you vote? You dont like who I voted for too bad. I was not going to vote for Romney - a man that would tell you anything you wanted to hear for your vote, a one time loser and an individual who in my opinion did sign a AWB.
I still today do not beleive that he would not do something similar to Obama given the same occurences. Seems the majority of the country agreed with me. I do not look forward to what is coming but I find it very hard to believe that it would be any better if Republicans were in the Whitehouse. In short if you have a problem with who I voted for get over it - it is history and like I said given the knowledge I had when I voted would do it again.

James Ruby

Not sure it was directed towards me or not but I have voted in EVERY election since I turned 19 years old. I did not vote for Obama. I typically favor Libertarian candidates as I feel both " major " parties want more of my personal freedom and the Government is big enough.

Not sure it was directed towards me or not but I have voted in EVERY election since I turned 19 years old. I did not vote for Obama. I typically favor Libertarian candidates as I feel both " major " parties want more of my personal freedom and the Government is big enough.

Sorry Duane - that was more pointed at Whyte Cheddar
. I like you feel that it is my repsonsibility to vote. Thank you for doing so.

James Ruby

My point is, Obama is degrading you and I as gun owners and absolutely, positively has no greater desire than to strip us of our freedoms. Obama cares nothing of violence or dead children.. I guarantee he'd be more than happy to see another dead 30, 60, 100 if it meant an increase in his own power.

i have never heard a statement so dumb in this group.

Here is another saying "ignorance is bliss", basically ignore the side you dont want to hear and you wil be happier. I just cant do that myself. I really dont want to get into a squable but when you start telling me how to think we have a problem.James Ruby

This from the party of the borg collective where everyone fits in a voter box thanks for the projection. It really tells us who you really are.

"No one cheers more for a tyrant than the ones he enslaves"

i have never heard a statement so dumb in this group.

Nothing dumb about the truth.. Not as dumb as what you wrote about how our 2nd Amendment needs to be rewritten or sorry, um "reexamined" because it is outdated. How dumb is that?? No offense Lush... It's obvious you and a few others are Obama supporters.

Anyone else find it a strange how quickly he jumped into a gun/magazine ban like the next day after the massacre? No time for mourning, no time to examine all the options, just an immediate "WE MUST BAN GUNS AND MAGAZINES". Gee, I am so glad he is so vigilantly trying to save us. And, the funny thing is, I almost hear nothing about the massacre anymore, now its about how evil and dangerous semi automatic guns and high cap mags are. His whole thrust now is ban guns.. He even said most gun owners would agree that these guns are too dangerous to own and that they are only used for killing children. Oh, yeah I cannot wait, for him to throw the word "child killers" at all the gun owners who refuse to agree with his reformation of the Constitution. These are great nazi-like tactics, those who do not support the state are "child killers". And, believe me, how hard is it to rally up support to punish "child killers"?

This guy is a greedy, selfish, lying, conniving two-faced snake and I almost guarantee that even if 1000s of kids died to help him get an AWB, he would have no problem with it. This is my opinion. You may think I am uncaring, inconsiderate, cold or cruel to Mr. Hussein for making such an accusation, but that is sadly, what I believe. I wish I could be convinced I am wrong, but I cannot. He always wanted the AWB. I find it most ironic that people voted for a politician who said many times "People Should Not Own Guns", "Gun Dealers are murdering black kids in Chicago by giving them guns" and who voted against every pro-gun measure and voted for every anti-gun measure in Illinois presented to him in his time in the Senate. Did anyone care that his Vice-President is one of the architects of the original 1994 AWB?? I suppose it doesn't matter, because he is a much more moral man than Dick Cheney!

Well, I am sure glad those people here who hate the Republicans didn't vote for anti-gunner like Romney, I mean he may have tried to pass an AWB, God forbid! Thankfully we have Obama and Biden.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top