JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know what you are all in an uproar about? Better background checks? Have you got something to hide? For my gun rights sake, I think it would be great if people who should not have firearms according to existing law do not get them. That is all an executive order can accomplish, is to enforce existing law. That is the way it is set up and that is all that is happening here. Without the insertion of inflammatory words like propaganda there is nothing not to like in this. Except the CDC stuff perhaps, because (according to what you wrote) they are expressly looking for causes of "gun violence", which should not be separated from all other violence just because of the weapon used.

I'm for no back round checks. If you believe in, "God!" let him sort it out. FTR ( For the record ) I've nothing to hide. I just don't want the government infringing on our/your God given rights!
Born and baptized, raised and Confirmed Catholic. I Believe in Karma!

OK I admit it. I am in favor of making sure criminals and crazies are kept from buying firearms. I am no criminal, nor am I crazy, have already got my background check out of the way in two states, won't affect me in the least. If it's going to be a problem for you. Fine. Every time we go around this track after some nutcase murders a bunch of people, the crap the gun control folks come up with puts my rights at risk. The only thing that will have any real effect is to limit access to firearms to the folks that create this kind of mess. You got a better idea? Lets hear it. All I hear is a bunch of whining.

how about putting the 10% that commits 70% of the crimes behind bars for their entire time instead of plea bargaining also before you say over crowing why not get rid of these hilton hotels and give them a cot and tent surrounded with razor wire etc. do away with the weight rooms if they want to work out give them a sledgehammer. do away with tv, ac. etc make it unpleasant to be there

What I read in it (the bill that is being considered, not this made up executive order BS) is that they are wanting to increase the communication between states, so that mentally ill people and criminals get picked up when a background check is exercised. This is a good thing. I am not in favor of all the increased intrusion into private sales, but tell me how they are going to keep folks from selling to the gang bangers. Find solutions, complaining doesn't cut it. I'm listening.

when do the gang bangers follow the law, so you think they will start

see post 25 for starts

I think the gang bangers will do whatever they can to get around the law, but the mass shootings were not gang bangers, they were mentally ill. Now they might have had a difficult time finding the channels the criminals use to purchase guns, and a background check might have worked. Congress doesn't get excited about banning arms and magazines and ammunition until some wacko goes ballistic on a bunch of innocent folks. I am of the opinion it is in gun owners best interest to find a way to prevent this kind of thing.

I would encourage the gangbangers to continue to shoot each other as much as they please. Saves us money, we don't have to house em, or feed em.

I have something to hide; my privacy. Violate my privacy and it shows you don't respect me. If any government official is willing to invade anyone's privacy shows how they feel concerning fellow citizens - faceless cattle. I only allow people I know and trust to know I have firearms. For everyone else its none of their business including those who may want to take them, including the authorities (I don't know what their motives are or how they view my privacy; am I cattle or do they genuinely see me as a citizen?)

I don't know what you are all in an uproar about? Better background checks? Have you got something to hide? For my gun rights sake, I think it would be great if people who should not have firearms according to existing law do not get them. That is all an executive order can accomplish, is to enforce existing law. That is the way it is set up and that is all that is happening here. Without the insertion of inflammatory words like propaganda there is nothing not to like in this. Except the CDC stuff perhaps, because (according to what you wrote) they are expressly looking for causes of "gun violence", which should not be separated from all other violence just because of the weapon used.

I have no freekin clue how better background checks will solve anything!!!!!! If a criminal wants a gun he/she will be able to get it anyhow, hell they could steal it from some body they know.

I for one feel all they are trying to do is make it harder for legal citizens to purchase weapons for thier own protection.

Tougher background checks will do nothing in preventing a criminal from getting a weapon, even if they have to resort to a diffrent type of weapon.

Here it comes via Executive Order! This smerking arshole thinks he's a Dictator

[h=2]Saturday, March 30, 2013[/h] [h=3]Obama Signs Executive Order to Bolster Gun Registry[/h] obama-signs-executive-order2.jpg Activist Post

President Obama has not just been speaking in front of cameras with victims of gun violence staged behind him, he's also been busy bypassing Congress by signing executive orders and other actions on gun control.

In January, Obama issued 23 executive gun control proposals that were mostly organizational and procedural in nature. But now he has officially signed his first definitive executive order to take gun control into his own hands, according to The Hill.

The Hill reports:
The president has used his executive powers to bolster the national background check system, jumpstart government research on the causes of gun violence and create a million-dollar ad campaign aimed at safe gun ownership.
The executive steps will give federal law enforcement officials access to more data about guns and their owners, help keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, and lay the groundwork for future legislative efforts.
Obama's Department of Justice says their aim is to strengthen the "quality and quantity of records contained within the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)."

Last week the DOJ announced that it is pouring $20 million into beefing up the national gun registry.

“As part of President Obama’s comprehensive plan to reduce gun violence, the Administration is committed to enhancing and strengthening the national criminal record system in support of stronger firearm background checks,” said Attorney General Eric Holder. “The Department of Justice intends to take immediate and effective action to work with states to fill gaps in information currently available to the NICS system.”

The DOJ describes the new program as follows:
Funding will be provided under National Criminal History Improvement Program (NCHIP), NICS Act Record Improvement Program (NARIP), and a new, one-time initiative called, Improving the Completeness of Firearm Background Checks through Enhanced State Data Sharing. This new initiative creates a competitive grant program designed to incentivize states, territories and tribes to share information with NICS by closing information gaps that inhibit complete and accurate background checks.
Obama's administrative action also included plans for more research into "trigger locks and firearm safe standards to determine if they need to be improved" - aka smart guns, and $1 million to promote gun control through a propaganda campaign.

imgad200.gif The Hill writes:
Separately, the administration has given $1 million to the National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) to create, produce and distribute a nationwide multimedia ad campaign on safe gun ownership and storage. The campaign is heading into the research phase and is expected to air by the early fall, according to a NCPC spokeswoman.
Isn't this something the NRA does for free, funded by memberships? These multimedia ads will most likely be some ghastly "see something, say something" campaign to help viewers identify "irresponsible" gun owners.

Finally, this executive order will subsidize the surveillance-industrial complex through a "Cooperative Purchasing" program to provide schools with discounted rates for "surveillance cameras, emergency communication systems, security design and support, and employee background check systems."

Federally-funded Big Brother surveillance for schools by executive order. It seems the gun control frenzy is bearing more tyrannical fruit than could have been dreamed up by Orwell himself.

In summary, Obama has signed an executive order to expand and improve the gun database with $20 million in funding, appropriated money for a anti-gun propaganda blitz, and wants all schools tracked, traced, and databased.

If the motivation for an executive order like this was anything but gun control, Americans would probably be mortified. But instead, the numbed masses will likely cheer that he is finally doing something to avenge senseless murder. Problem-Reaction-Solution accomplished.

Read other articles by Activist Post Here

--
C YA

"you must never become tired of doing right" 2 Thessalonians

" Let us not grow tired of doing good, for in due time we shall reap our harvest, if we do not give up" Galatians: Chapter 6, Verse 9"

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence! Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Matthew 25

Dream so big... that God is amazed, leans forward on his throne and asks his Angels to get down there, and help you achieve it!

Funny, I never seem to be reduced to calling on divine help for purely non-ecclesiastical affairs. This is a matter of a wishfully surpeme state vs a well-armed populace . somehow I djon't think the unpopular state will win over the populace...But call me crazy....

Seriously? Are you trolling here? If not, consider the following;

1. Criminals don't follow the laws - hence they are criminals. So creating a Universal Background Check would not prevent Bob the criminal from selling an illegal gun to Joe the criminal. Do you think they are going to comply with this?

2. Even if UBC's were in effect, how would a police officer know that the unloaded MSR in my trunk was obtained thru this new system? Well, there would have to be a registry so Mr Police Officer could check.

3. So since the criminals don't buy guns the way that you and I do, and they won't comply with the UBC mandate, then it will end up being you and I who fill this gun registry list.

4. The only reason to create this list (since criminals won't be on it) is so they have my address and know where to come and confiscate the guns from. Don't think so? Look at New Orleans post Katrina.

I love my country, but I hate what the politicians have done to it! ArmsMonkey

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads