JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It will turn up here. It has a 21 day incubation period so you won't no until you have already infected a bunch of people!
Just another bone head statement, or should I say verbal diarrhea like everything that come out of his mouth!!!!!!!

Just remember, it wont float in your house and kill you. You have to have direct contact with an infected individual in the later stages of the condition and up to 2-3 days after they die. If they are healthy enough in the earlier stages to be up and walking around the chance of getting it from them is low.

This is an easy condition to not die from. Dont touch someone who is very sick with it or who has just died from it. Its spreading so rapidly in these countries because there are families forceably removing sick people from hospitals, kissing and touching the dead bodies, throwing rocks at health care workers who are trying to isolate patients.

There are a lot of idiots in this country, but none of they are going to be able to walk into a hospital isolation center in the US and try to kidnap their family member with ebola to bring them home to infect their whole family. I dont have any qualms about someone getting shot if you tried that BS here. They would probably be staring at my gun if they tried that at my hospital.

Bolus - it is mutating into a air born disease. That has been made public 2-3 weeks ago. That is my understanding.

Do you have a source for that information? All of the professional level information I have access to states nothing about such a mutation. I did a quick check just now and dont see anything in the physician / hospital preparation guidelines that state anything other than person to person transmission through physical contact.

Do you have a source for that information? All of the professional level information I have access to states nothing about such a mutation. I did a quick check just now and dont see anything in the physician / hospital preparation guidelines that state anything other than person to person transmission through physical contact.
It's the dragons, fire breathing type that are confusing the issue

From what I heard on the news they were saying that the CDC was worried of the possibility that the virus could mutate into a airborne strain... typical fear mongering you get watching the talking heads... an that was from the news a couple days ago.... which is still a far cry from "It is Mutating..."

we are always concerned about that possibility. Just imagine if herpes or hepatitis C or something freakin scary like rabies went airborne. But we dont get a lot of news reports about the risk of airborne herpes though.

Last Edited:
we are always concerned about that possibility. Just imaging if herpes or hepatitis C or something freakin scary like rabies went airborne. But we dont get a lot of news reports about the risk of airborne herpes though.

Could you imagine the debauchery that would take place if you could say "I dunno honey, I must have got them from the elevator"?

I just re read the article I was referring to and my apologies it stated that a German virologist said "he feared that it had gone air born"
I wasn't trying to be a fear monger nor misstate any thing.
But I don't believe the CDC is going to come out and say it has even it happens, not until it's to late anyway. Because it would cause mass hysteria.
But that is just my opionon though.
Stacy

I just re read the article I was referring to and my apologies it stated that a German virologist said "he feared that it had gone air born"
I wasn't trying to be a fear monger nor misstate any thing.
But I don't believe the CDC is going to come out and say it has even it happens, not until it's to late anyway. Because it would cause mass hysteria.
But that is just my opionon though.
Stacy

Thanks for updating.

I'll know if it goes airborne since I'll have to prepare for seeing patients. I'll tell people because I dont want them to be patients. There is zero benefit to me to not tell someone its airborne. I'll post it here even.

Flu is airborne and terribly contagious. But if you stay home and dont have contact with anyone you wont get it. That's how you would deal with this.

This is the preparedness forum. So that's how you would prepare for any airborne death virus. Get a plan for being at home for at least several weeks. Water, food, batteries, generator, ammo, etc

I have a nice death and dismemberment insurance plan. So I'll be taking care of patients while my family is at home eating Mountain House and drinking from the bathtub water container. If it gets me they will be set either way.

Thanks for the advise! I didn't even know what forum I was in just saw it on new post's.
I don't think I have ever even ventured into the preparedness forum don't know way I always try to be prepared.
Thanks for your input on the subject and the willingness to share with us not in the medical field.
Stacy

That one right there... It's amazing what they can say on national TV and get away with. I'm sure that unlike me there were hundreds of people that heard the same thing I did and started to panic about this new airborne strain of Ebola... Lol

I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but I once had a patient who was a local news director. When one of the bird flu scares was going around (I think anthrax scare as well), he demanded I prescribe a year's worth of Tamiflu and cipro for him. I thought it quite irresponsible that we allow people to stock pile huge amounts of meds that we have no idea would work for a then fictitious virus (it might mutate!).

When I said no, he said that he hoped that me and my family would die waiting in a FEMA line for cipro.

That's the kind of person that brings you the news. Holy crap they should have background checks for news directors

So far its been like 13 years and still having been killed by the crazy bird flu he said was coming. Survived bird flu, bird flu 2, SARS, pig flu, bird flu 3... Perhaps ebola will get me! Better than pooping on myself in some nursing home.

Just remember, it wont float in your house and kill you. You have to have direct contact with an infected individual in the later stages of the condition and up to 2-3 days after they die. If they are healthy enough in the earlier stages to be up and walking around the chance of getting it from them is low.

This is an easy condition to not die from. Dont touch someone who is very sick with it or who has just died from it. Its spreading so rapidly in these countries because there are families forceably removing sick people from hospitals, kissing and touching the dead bodies, throwing rocks at health care workers who are trying to isolate patients.

There are a lot of idiots in this country, but none of they are going to be able to walk into a hospital isolation center in the US and try to kidnap their family member with ebola to bring them home to infect their whole family. I dont have any qualms about someone getting shot if you tried that BS here. They would probably be staring at my gun if they tried that at my hospital.

Thank you for being a voice of reason.

In my personal life, I'm surrounded by medical professionals. Mom and sister in law are nurses (SIL is in research for a PhD), gf is an MA, close friend does radiation therapy at another hospital, etc. None of them are even remotely worried about it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top